Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

For the first time in forever, update incoming?!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I checked the Pirate101 twitter and it said quote
The Pirate101 game & website will be offline for maintenance 4/8 from 3-7am US Central. Thanks for your patience!

Odd, thanks for your patience? o.o it's 6:36 AM PDT as of me writing this so it will be already over by the time this thread goes up.

I am calling it now, Book 15!!! Please be book 15 :O, that last line makes me think this is a big update

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Rachel Dreamsong on Apr 8, 2016 wrote:
The Pirate101 game & website will be offline for maintenance 4/8 from 3-7am US Central. Thanks for your patience!

Odd, thanks for your patience? o.o it's 6:36 AM PDT as of me writing this so it will be already over by the time this thread goes up.

I am calling it now, Book 15!!! Please be book 15 :O, that last line makes me think this is a big update
That is a bit longer than the mostly usual maintenance downtimes. Though, I can presume they're preparing for another larger update, one that could best the launch of Books 13 & 14, in size, scope, & content.

We don't know yet. All we still know, KingsIsle still remembers P101, & never forgets it.

Even so, it's what we've been waiting for a long time. We've all endured many Wizardly adventures, but, I think it's high time we get back to our piratical adventures, & soon.

Saving the Spiral doesn't revolve around just Wizards alone, you know.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Did it also say: "no updates will be installed"?
KI always thanks us for our patience in these maintenance announcements.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
If you are ever curious about downtimes, you can read the link provided. There weren't any game updates added last night, as noted in the message.

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/captains-log/pirate101-offline-3-7-am-us-central-482016-8ad6a41453eaa1720153f27e1e331b0a?page=1

I appreciate the positive outlook though. Hang in there, Pirates!

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Bonnie Anne on Apr 8, 2016 wrote:
If you are ever curious about downtimes, you can read the link provided. There weren't any game updates added last night, as noted in the message.

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/captains-log/pirate101-offline-3-7-am-us-central-482016-8ad6a41453eaa1720153f27e1e331b0a?page=1

I appreciate the positive outlook though. Hang in there, Pirates!
We noticed. Sometimes, in some maintenance downtimes, there's a little surprise patch thrown in that does some behind-the-scenes changes without us knowing.

You're welcome, though. Believe me, we've been hanging in there in a very long time, & we still are.

Ensign
Jun 17, 2009

This, by any means, dictates that there will be an update. Just wishful thinking, unfortunately.

My main gripe with P101 is the lack of communication between the devs and the players.

If they would update us occasionally on what things were being implemented/added rather than being silent about it, I'd definitely be happier.

Granted, I'd assume most of their playerbase are children, so that's probably the excuse for the lack of communication.

Regardless, communication is key. Especially for an MMO.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Since the confusion was already clarified I'm going to close this thread.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*