Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Buying Badges and HQs

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
I have a suggestion: You should be able to buy Badges! You know, the title that is below your name which shows to others (ex. My signature ones are "Helper of the Helpless", and "Defender of the Defenseless").

What do you mean by "buying", Aurora?
What I mean by buying Badges is you get to pay with Crowns/Coins and you actually get to buy the badges you want/need. For example: If I want to get a Badge... say, the one called "The Nefarious 6th" because it allows you to have red eyes, I get to buy that Badge for some Coins/Crowns and then I get to have the Badge without having to quest to get it.

Aurora, what in the Spiral is "HQs" in your title?!?!
"HQs" means "headquarters". Resistance and Armada HQ, of course! There should be a certain place - secret, of course! - that you can secretly train in and do your Resistance/Armada missions in, which has a word: HQ.

I hope you enjoy these suggestions and please - ha - "suggest" back!

Thanks and Good Hunting,

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, a.k.a. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 26 Swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:
I have a suggestion: You should be able to buy Badges! You know, the title that is below your name which shows to others (ex. My signature ones are "Helper of the Helpless", and "Defender of the Defenseless").

What I mean by buying Badges is you get to pay with Crowns/Coins and you actually get to buy the badges you want/need. For example: If I want to get a Badge... say, the one called "The Nefarious 6th" because it allows you to have red eyes, I get to buy that Badge for some Coins/Crowns and then I get to have the Badge without having to quest to get it.

"HQs" means "headquarters". Resistance and Armada HQ, of course! There should be a certain place - secret, of course! - that you can secretly train in and do your Resistance/Armada missions in, which has a word: HQ.

Thanks and Good Hunting,

Badges are to be earned, that's what makes them special. If anyone could buy a badge, then it ceases to be unique, important, amazing or whatever response a badge generates.
Using your own example of the Nefarious Sixth - why then would anyone enter the Tower and go through the ordeal to earn it, if they can just buy it?
Also, I have the Master of Moo badge, it would really annoy me if this badge was to be "sold".
Where would the sense of pride or accomplishment be if all you had to do was buy a badge?
Do the quest and if you're too lazy to do it, don't ask for a hand-out from KI.

As for the "HQ", well we don't know what KI has in mind for further trainers. I, for one, don't wish to take any training from the Armada!

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
anecorbie on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:
Badges are to be earned, that's what makes them special. If anyone could buy a badge, then it ceases to be unique, important, amazing or whatever response a badge generates.
Using your own example of the Nefarious Sixth - why then would anyone enter the Tower and go through the ordeal to earn it, if they can just buy it?
Also, I have the Master of Moo badge, it would really annoy me if this badge was to be "sold".
Where would the sense of pride or accomplishment be if all you had to do was buy a badge?
Do the quest and if you're too lazy to do it, don't ask for a hand-out from KI.

As for the "HQ", well we don't know what KI has in mind for further trainers. I, for one, don't wish to take any training from the Armada!
the armada has better style than us ugly pirates though

lol the valencia part 2 gear is probably still gonna be skull island gear

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Buying Badges, Anecorbie said why this would ruin that whole aspect of the game
As for HQ missions, we are already teamed up with Special Branch and I think that's enough secret agent stuff we need in a pirate game

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:

Thanks and Good Hunting,

glad youre trying to be creative.. new ideas are at the very least exciting to read!

however I gotta agree with anercorbie on this one.. having the badge is cool but the journey is the reward.. so its like buying a hat saying "i built the Eiffel Tower" and if you didnt then its just a lie XD best to figure out which badge you love most and go work for it!

on the HQ one.. rereading it I think you meant a place where you can train special moves and practice them FOR the Resistance AGAINST the Armada.. kinda like fighting against Armada practice dummies maybe? thats kinda interesting, not sure how it would work though.. can you expound on it? we need more details! D: lol

now for the "suggest back" part :3
seems to me you might want a badge that DOES something.. similar to the red eyes.. but have it a bit easier... well how about new badges? what kinds of actions would you like badges to do for your character? and what kind of place would you like to earn them at? be crazy with it, new ideas are fun!

stormy jen silver

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Apr 7, 2016 wrote:
the armada has better style than us ugly pirates though

lol the valencia part 2 gear is probably still gonna be skull island gear
It would be even funnier if it was level 99999900000 gear

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Oh, and suggest back? Once you buy the HQ you get an armada disguise outfit.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If you want an effect ( like the glowing eyes ) it would be better to ask KI if they could put a potion in the Crowns Shop that gives an effect ( say for24 hrs. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Sorry forgot to add this:
If you want a Resistance Base as a house there could then be an Armada Housing Gauntlet.