Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Idea for the crown store (refunds)

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 24, 2013
In the crown store if you were to buy a mount by accident and want to refund it for full crowns you should be able to, so say you brought it and found there was something better and you had not used it for say 24 hours then you should be able to refund it for full price.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
bob005b on Apr 5, 2016 wrote:
In the crown store if you were to buy a mount by accident and want to refund it for full crowns you should be able to, so say you brought it and found there was something better and you had not used it for say 24 hours then you should be able to refund it for full price.
Then players would treat this as a 24 hr. rental with a guaranteed "cash back".

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 5, 2016 wrote:
Then players would treat this as a 24 hr. rental with a guaranteed "cash back".
It could even be more than a rental, you just have the mount for 24 hours then refund it then do the rental again, this way everyone would be running around on free permanent mounts KI would lose alot of revenue
Sorry but it won't happen

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
There's really no easy way to "accidentally" buy anything in the Crown shop. There are several "Are you sure you want to do this?" type warnings as you click through the screens. That being said, you bought your mount "hastily", not "accidentally", and there is no refund for changing your mind.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
TucsonWizard on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:
There's really no easy way to "accidentally" buy anything in the Crown shop. There are several "Are you sure you want to do this?" type warnings as you click through the screens. That being said, you bought your mount "hastily", not "accidentally", and there is no refund for changing your mind.
I have to agree, some money hungry games I have played just clicking on the picture of the item will buy it for you, wasting your precious currency on something you most likely didn't want

Ensign
Feb 24, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 5, 2016 wrote:
It could even be more than a rental, you just have the mount for 24 hours then refund it then do the rental again, this way everyone would be running around on free permanent mounts KI would lose alot of revenue
Sorry but it won't happen
No I mean like a 1 time refund

Ensign
Feb 24, 2013
bob005b on Apr 5, 2016 wrote:
I mean like a one time refund

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Doesn't matter, KI isn't responsible for "buyer's remorse". You bought it, it's yours.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
bob005b on Apr 7, 2016 wrote:
No I mean like a 1 time refund
Then it would be a free 24 hour rental, KI would most likely never do this because they would lose revenue

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Also some items can be bought for gold which means there would be a way to get crowns without paying any money. And as a result people wouldn't buy crowns and KI would lose a large portion of its income.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Pirate101 fan on Apr 8, 2016 wrote:
Also some items can be bought for gold which means there would be a way to get crowns without paying any money. And as a result people wouldn't buy crowns and KI would lose a large portion of its income.
I'm sure it would be refunded in gold though if you buy an item with gold

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
50000 crowns on packs, no companion. gets refund and tries again. perfect plan to lose tons of money (for KI at least)

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
TheDragonspyrePira... on Apr 9, 2016 wrote:
50000 crowns on packs, no companion. gets refund and tries again. perfect plan to lose tons of money (for KI at least)
But once you open the pack you can't get refunded

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
But once you open the pack you can't get refunded
What I said was a joke. And by the way it doesn't talk about packs on this thread. Just crown items in general which include packs. So the way you worded your response was wrong. You should have said. "It should exclude packs." You said it like it was already talked about which it wasnt

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Refunding is a slippery slope that I doubt Kingsisle wants to start down....