Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The gmae & web maintenance downtimes...

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I've been seeing plenty o' those lately, but, I got to ask this question.

Do they sometimes do behind-the-scenes changes &/or prepare the game for newer content updates to come?

Just asking.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Apr 1, 2016 wrote:
I've been seeing plenty o' those lately, but, I got to ask this question.

Do they sometimes do behind-the-scenes changes &/or prepare the game for newer content updates to come?

Just asking.
Do you really expect an answer? Ok, here's one: "That would be telling".

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 1, 2016 wrote:
Do you really expect an answer? Ok, here's one: "That would be telling".
Yeah. I know. Just noticed a few tidbits that were tweaked in the earlier quests, such as added camera angles, E.G.

Well, it was worth a shot asking.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Apr 1, 2016 wrote:
Yeah. I know. Just noticed a few tidbits that were tweaked in the earlier quests, such as added camera angles, E.G.

Well, it was worth a shot asking.
One thing I took note of is that fakir, one of the marleybone bosses in the smugglers arena, he now makes magic attack sounds instead of attacking with blades like a normal Kurgha Auxillary

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
If they are making any changes, it is to their side of the program and not the one which they send to our computers. I know this because my security program detects when a program changes and alerts me.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 2, 2016 wrote:
One thing I took note of is that fakir, one of the marleybone bosses in the smugglers arena, he now makes magic attack sounds instead of attacking with blades like a normal Kurgha Auxillary
I did notice his attack sounds were sounding like blades, though he doesn't hold any. Being a Kurgha Witchdoctor reskin, who is with the Golden Yam Hermetics, likely some syndicate that's not known yet, he sure held minor oddities, like his battle idle animation being the same like the others, where he should have an alternate one instead. Good ears, though.

Likewise, KI does have their needs to do some behind-the-scenes changes in those downtimes, some that aren't noticed to many. All this always leads to another update on the way, so we always have to be prepared with excitement.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
In cases where they do surprise unnoticeable updates in them, I'd take a check through to see what's been changed time to time. Never know what surprise updates KI could do.