Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Importance of Late Game

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Late game. The end of the game where you and your opponent are down to your last few protection buffs, heals and assassins. Oh how painful it is. Lets talk about how you can always win it.

If anyone of you had the unpleasant experience of fighting my Privateer (John Walker) you probably understand fully what I'm talking about in this 'guide'.

Late game is a very important part of the game. Every match consists of 3 parts, the beginning which normally consists of one player rushing and the other prepping for the rush (The aggressor and passives), the Mid Game which consists of most of your raging RnG moments, minions and fight for the first kill(s). Now while most people are currently playing Buckler you probably know exactly how to deal with the first 2 steps of the match but, how do you deal with the late game after you've blasted all your resources out? Let me explain how some powers change drastically in use after the game swings in the late game.

Hiddens: One power I see miss played Late Game almost 100% of the time is the use of Walk in Darkness, this power does double the damage of your hits yes but why is that good enough to hit someone with a fort on? Yes the hidden cancels the fort for the beginning damage of your assassin's strike but all you're doing is possibly triggering your enemies shroud, tide, etc

How it should be used: Late game save your Assassins, use your hiddens to bait out protection buffs. If they use a Levy for example, you can assassin them because the hidden cancels the Kraken and the DoT gets full Value but if they fort, use the Hidden to time it out. Repeat until they run out of protection buffs. YOU DON'T NEED TO HIT, in most cases you scare your opponent into using there protection every time it runs out. As long as you have assassin's they HAVE TO FORT you also have the highest haste in the game, run out of range while they have a fort so they can't use non-infinite/melee attacks on you which punish them anyway. Don't give them a target for Bladestorm/Shroud

Forts: Once again forts are very valuable as I said above, sometimes you don't even need to waste a hide to force the forts. But this is a losing game on the Privateers end. How do we force the hiddens so we can rely on shroud/heals to deal with the basic non-hidden assassin's when the time comes. Simple. Heals. Most of the time you want your opponent to keep you in elusive to dodge chains and shroud. But that means you have to fort to survive. Use your heals to stay in the 80-100% health range this way they will either go into Hide meaning you can gain the minimum value from your Fort(s) then rely on heal/shroud late game to win after all the hiddens are gone or they will waste there assassins on you bringing you to shroud anyway. It's a win win

Finally,

Assassins Shroud: Why save this? As I stated above my strategy forever has been to heal instead of fort. But saving this late game cancels the strategy above ENTIRELY!!!! END OF DISCUSSION!