Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Your Hardest Battle

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 30, 2017
When I was fighting Gortez in the gold mine before fighting him I unequipped my weapon to see what happens, and it gave me a wooden sword. But I forgot to re-equip my weapon before the fight and I got completely destroyed because I went into fight with a WOODEN SWORD!

I lost.

-Alejandro DeClark

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
My hardest battles...I had quite a few.

Top of the list is obviously Kane.That was the first time in a looooong time I had to actually plead for help on all of my toons.

Now the rest in no particular order.

All of the enemies in Valencia 2. Although I managed to solo the map (up until Kane that is), I still had to take a lot of trips to the healing house in Skull Island for my companions.

HYDRA!!! Oh my goodness, forget the glitching! The Hydra battle alone almost made me uninstall the game.

General Tso (on my musket and buckler).

The ophidian enemies, harpies, and vulture enemies.Thanks to these guys, I'd rather battle 100 ships any day, lol. The manticores, laestrygon enemies and shadow eagle enemies were a pain to beat on my musket in particular.

All of the bounties from Rooster Cogburn.

The dragoons and Battle Angels

Rooke

That's pretty much it. Ah, good times!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Monte Royale, Bonnie Anne's second promotion quest. Before they updated it.

It was really a beast, because it starts out saying "Defeat All Enemies" then after two rounds, it changed to simply escape. By then, though, there were so many, you could not get to the exit. That drove me crazy. Next time I rant it, I ignored the "Defeat All Enemies" and simply ran for the exit. It was still a challenge.

Now, it's just a standard fight. Shame, really...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Feb 28, 2017 wrote:
Monte Royale, Bonnie Anne's second promotion quest. Before they updated it.

It was really a beast, because it starts out saying "Defeat All Enemies" then after two rounds, it changed to simply escape. By then, though, there were so many, you could not get to the exit. That drove me crazy. Next time I rant it, I ignored the "Defeat All Enemies" and simply ran for the exit. It was still a challenge.

Now, it's just a standard fight. Shame, really...
I agree, Monte Royale made you think, & strategize to escape. Marines with Hold the Line and Fusileers with Overwatch really made escape difficult.
Of course, only your pirate needed to get to the dock to "win".

I miss that encounter.
We should have more escapes or "survive X number of rounds" ( they changed the Clemens encounter, too. )

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
anecorbie on Feb 28, 2017 wrote:
I agree, Monte Royale made you think, & strategize to escape. Marines with Hold the Line and Fusileers with Overwatch really made escape difficult.

I miss that encounter.
We should have more escapes or "survive X number of rounds" ( they changed the Clemens encounter, too. )
Yeah, that would be nice because it would make you really think. I believe there was a quest in the main storyline in Marleybone (in an underground tunnel I think...the name of the quest escapes me at the moment) and Valencia 2 (when you go to see the king) similar to that (like a gauntlet).

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Feb 28, 2017 wrote:

I miss that encounter.
Yeah, and the Clemens encounter wasn't that tough. You simply back your pirate into a convenience nook, surround yourself with your companions, and kept as many heals around as possible. Made it tough for them to take your pirate out, which is the only thing necessary to win it.

Now, though, it's much too easy.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Petty Officer
Jul 13, 2013
Ensign
Mar 04, 2016
Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Definitely the Hydra. I found Kane easier than that amazing fight. Lol

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Oh, I just remember Fort Basset before they nerfed the waves of troops on the commander dan or something battle, I got SO lucky in that battle, it just do happened he was right next to me at half health (thank you kan po) and I so happened to have a mojo reaver, I ended that battle with 30 health, my second attempt as well, that wasn't as lucky when a chain lighting killed or took off 95% of all of the enemies health as well though.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Hydra did have some challenging aspects, however, it was fun to solo, after hearing tales on here, central, and youtube about how deadly the Hydra was, I did succeed it, losing i believe bonnie and kan po, but I enjoyed the fight, and got lucky that the ebon glitch hasn't said hello to me yet (my musketeer is in mooshu, so i just can't wait for that battle again)

Ensign
Jun 11, 2016
My "hardest battle(s)" wasn't difficult in a damage or health sense, but it was merely from my lack of prior preparation. That is to say: each and every ship battle from Monquista to Cool Ranch gave me trouble due to my low nautical level at the time. Thankfully, I learned to grind xp and use inactive companions, in any other case, I might have been decimated by cannonballs with every necessary nautical combat engagement.

Ensign
Jan 03, 2009
The hardest battle for me was perhaps General Tso. Though I guess more accurately it was the dungeon itself and not so much the final battle with Tso. A combination of length and difficulty in solo'ing (my fault for not finding a party) led to me losing the final battle. This led me to a long hiatus from Pirate101. I returned some time later and failed again which frustrated me further and another impromptu "break" from the game ensued.

I returned a couple weeks ago and beat it and have been nonstop since!

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
My hardest battle was playing the game alone :/ a lot of areas felt so empty and desolate it was hard for me to keep playing, but for a while I just kept viewing it as 'how it would be' if you were a Pirate in real life. It's not all glamorous and boastful all of the time, but I eventually had to walk away when I hit the level cap and still had some of the story to do. Without that feeling of progression to give me some tiny feeling of accomplishment, I just couldn't keep going. I love both games, but they really are better with people to hang with.