Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Quick question about more people....

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
one little question, why doesn't ki advertise pirate101 or wizard101 that much? The two games are virtually unknown to most gamers today and don't usually (if ever) appear in gaming magazines or news stories about mmo's. Why is that kingsisle? Also, if there were more people in pirate101, would we get more attention as a game from you kingsisle? Like say... If we had 70 million players online... Would we get more updates?

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
piratical505 on Mar 23, 2016 wrote:
one little question, why doesn't ki advertise pirate101 or wizard101 that much? The two games are virtually unknown to most gamers today and don't usually (if ever) appear in gaming magazines or news stories about mmo's. Why is that kingsisle? Also, if there were more people in pirate101, would we get more attention as a game from you kingsisle? Like say... If we had 70 million players online... Would we get more updates?
You know, I've been wondering the same thing for a while. You're very right about the fact the KI hasn't run the P101 commercials very lately, but W101 is run on kid shows, as it is aimed for kids. My hypothesis is that once KI updates P101, they'll advertise again and we'll get a lot more people playing.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
piratical505 on Mar 23, 2016 wrote:
Yeah, I only occasionally see W101 commercials- like one every few weeks. But I can't tell you when the last time was that I saw a P101 commercial. And as far as I know there's only been one P101 commercial made...and I believe it's nearly three years old. It's a bit disheartening because with everything I have witnessed thus far, P101 is far superior to W101 in almost every way, shape and form- as far as the game, graphics, story, level and scope of player interactions, combat design, and writing goes. Though to be fair, I haven't seen a whole lot of W101 game play (besides watching my son play).

In my honest opinion, the only things that Wiz has over pirates, are sheer numbers, subscribers, updates and promotions...and attention. Which the last three are to be undestood since it's the "breadwinner" of the family. But pirates, without contest, seems to be the better designed game. Popularity shouldn't always win out over craftsmanship, creativity and artistic superiority.

Seems that W101, due to it's sustained fanbase, kind of chugs along on its own and gets more attention as far as updates and added content goes. So perhaps it isn't as necessary to overly-hype it via commercials and promotional stuff.

So why not fuel the other vessel? Put a little more dedication into promoting and advertisimg P101 and...a crazy thing just may happen. More exposure just may help bring in more crew, solidify it's fanbase and membership core, and help it to attain the level of loyalty and success that W101 has achieved...and that P101 surely deserves.

I'll even offer to write songs for commercials and ads and promotional stuff, if needed-- and for free! Well maybe they could throw in a few cases of Yum.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
Yeah, I only occasionally see W101 commercials- like one every few weeks. But I can't tell you when the last time was that I saw a P101 commercial. And as far as I know there's only been one P101 commercial made...and I believe it's nearly three years old. It's a bit disheartening because with everything I have witnessed thus far, P101 is far superior to W101 in almost every way, shape and form- as far as the game, graphics, story, level and scope of player interactions, combat design, and writing goes. Though to be fair, I haven't seen a whole lot of W101 game play (besides watching my son play).

In my honest opinion, the only things that Wiz has over pirates, are sheer numbers, subscribers, updates and promotions...and attention. Which the last three are to be undestood since it's the "breadwinner" of the family. But pirates, without contest, seems to be the better designed game. Popularity shouldn't always win out over craftsmanship, creativity and artistic superiority.

Seems that W101, due to it's sustained fanbase, kind of chugs along on its own and gets more attention as far as updates and added content goes. So perhaps it isn't as necessary to overly-hype it via commercials and promotional stuff.

So why not fuel the other vessel? Put a little more dedication into promoting and advertisimg P101 and...a crazy thing just may happen. More exposure just may help bring in more crew, solidify it's fanbase and membership core, and help it to attain the level of loyalty and success that W101 has achieved...and that P101 surely deserves.

I'll even offer to write songs for commercials and ads and promotional stuff, if needed-- and for free! Well maybe they could throw in a few cases of Yum.
You're right about the W101 thing: I do see a commercial every once and a while, but there have been more than one P101 commercial made. I haven't seen one in a LONG while, but there have been others played due to updates in the past few years.

I definitely think you should write songs for the commercials- after your "What pirate101 needs is" post, I'm confident that any commercial you contribute would be outstanding.

Wicked Aaron Brewster

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Honestly, the only places I ever see either Wizard101 or Pirate101 advertised is online. And even then it's usually only Wizard101. The TV adds are never shown in my country, so probably, they are only shown in the States. Limiting advertising to a single country, really does limit a game's player base.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
This is also something that I've thought about. What happened to those cool 3d ads of pirate101? I miss those, and I would like to see one again.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
This is also something that I've thought about. What happened to those cool 3d ads of pirate101? I miss those, and I would like to see one again.
Yeah, they were cool but why in the world did that have Subodai on his crew?...

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
darkmoordude on Apr 7, 2016 wrote:
Yeah, they were cool but why in the world did that have Subodai on his crew?...
He could have recruited a guyuk barbarian from mooshu?