Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"What Lurks Beneath" maintenance thoughts

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy! I have a few thoughts on doing maintenance work on that quest. Hear this.

1. While talking to Foreman Salazar, Ratbeard should appear while he says his line, "Pshaw! They may be short, and a bit stinky, but they're hardly as bad as all that!', & the cutscene camera should focus on him while he's saying his line.

2. After defeating enough Rebel Water Moles, one o' the Rebel Water Mole Slingman enemies that have said his line, "You may be able to defeat us, but you will NEVER be able to defeat Haku! While Haku stands, our revolt continues!", should be changed from a dialogue box to the dialogue pop-up, because I know that staying still while seeing notable lines that should be made into dialogue pop-ups always leads to interruptions by accidentally going into combat with another enemy, & I always despise these kind o' interruptions.

Those are the only thoughts on doing maintenance on that quest. Hope that gets done soon. Thanks!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I agree with the second but I disagree with the first of the camera is focusing on a monkey while Ratbeard says his line so that you can judge a monkey while listening to ratbeards opinion on them

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Mar 4, 2016 wrote:
I agree with the second but I disagree with the first of the camera is focusing on a monkey while Ratbeard says his line so that you can judge a monkey while listening to ratbeards opinion on them
If companions have moments to speak, the camera should focus on them while speaking. I enjoyed a lotta these moments in Cool Ranch while venturing through many of it's quests so far & they were amazing, & I will never forget them.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Mar 4, 2016 wrote:
If companions have moments to speak, the camera should focus on them while speaking. I enjoyed a lotta these moments in Cool Ranch while venturing through many of it's quests so far & they were amazing, & I will never forget them.
I just don't think every single line needs to focus on our companions

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Mar 4, 2016 wrote:
I just don't think every single line needs to focus on our companions
I've seen specific lines that focus on many o' them before, some together, some centered & alone, so I don't see no reason why that line should focus on Ratbeard. I know not every line has to focus on our companions. Just specific ones.