Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Valencia's next Skyway... "C"... Calabria? Really?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Pirates, hear this amazing news!

After reading the recent newsletter, I instantly remembered Blind Mew's Skyway hint, that had one letter in particular... "C".

That's where it hit me while reading it! "C" is now revealed as the next Skyway's name, Calabria! Wow! I never knew.

Come to think on it, Calabria is one o' Valencia's Skyways where Gaspard De Vole sailed with many of his former crews he partnered up with while reading the newest Rogue's Gallery about his backstory, and to my surprise, that hint eluded me for a while, that is, until now. I would presume others guessed about that, too, & to those trying, I salute your efforts.

I'm guessing that we will be heading to the Calabria Skyway on our Second Trip to Valencia, am I correct, Blind Mew, Hawkules, One-Eyed Jack, or Bonnie Anne, if one o' you are still around? I'm looking forward to seeing it once it's discovered!

Nevertheless, It was already exciting enough when Professor Falmea gave out the new character's concept image in her recent Falmea Friday post, & now, the hint's real name has been revealed, making me think what's it like in the Calabria Skyway & the excitement levels have been raised even higher than before!

Maybe we may learn & find the whereabouts of our mysterious messenger, the Toymaker, and his info could be the key to defeating Kane and the Armada once and for all! That's very exciting! And, as always, we will see more Armada troops, both old & new, in that Skyway, doubtlessly guarding it heavily, especially towards the moment we would reach there, which we will.

I was thinking we would see more from that newsletter. Though, I'm sure the hint's name being revealed there is more exciting. Kingsisle, your hints always keeps us amazed! Always good to know you still remember P101!

Pirates, what do you think about what amazing splendors, magnificent treasures even, & dark dangers awaits us in the Calabria Skyway when we get there? I can imagine plenty, even the Armada awaiting us, & we will be ready. Can't wait to see it!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Wow awesome find!

I always thought that Cadiz was wrong, it's mentioned it's the centre of Kane's power, I thought that we might not be heading to Valencia straight away but Calabrai is a region in Italy I am familiar with, its territory occupied to the toes of Italy's famous boot it has beatiful beaches and it's mostly occupied by villages

I suspect Cadiz skyway to be based off of northern Italy along with Florenza but Florenza could be in Calabria skyway it really does make sense to go there, I am going to look at all the Valencians rogues galleries and see what I can dig up and see what information I can add to this Eureka like discovery.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Unfortunately YouTube doesn't appear to have all of the rogues gallery so I can't find most galleries but a thought did hit me.

If Gaspard did take up pirating in Calabria Skyway the skyway isn't obviously the heart of Valencia maybe more like an upgraded Aragorn skyway? I do know that the real Calabria has a lot of villages which I'm sure in P101 wouldn't house to many Unicorns which means we will be seeing a lot of Crabs and Gineua Pigs in Calabaria skyway but if you were expecting lush villas and Unicorsn everywhere! Don't despair I'm sure we will see the teased pirate in Falmeas newsletter in Calabria Skyway

From all this information I am beginning to suspect a third visit to Valencia might happen

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
Calabria could be cool, but I was thinking it could be Cadiz. Though, I don't actually know if that's a skyway, so it is more likely for it to be Calabria.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Mar 2, 2016 wrote:
Wow awesome find!

I always thought that Cadiz was wrong, it's mentioned it's the centre of Kane's power, I thought that we might not be heading to Valencia straight away but Calabrai is a region in Italy I am familiar with, its territory occupied to the toes of Italy's famous boot it has beatiful beaches and it's mostly occupied by villages

I suspect Cadiz skyway to be based off of northern Italy along with Florenza but Florenza could be in Calabria skyway it really does make sense to go there, I am going to look at all the Valencians rogues galleries and see what I can dig up and see what information I can add to this Eureka like discovery.
Thanks! That letter's hint in my mind has been lingering for a while, & now that I know the letter's name, it's likely certain we may go to Calabria Skyway. We still have to complete Special Branch's mission M gave us.

Cadiz, as far as we know, is somewhat of a stronghold to the Armada & a prison, & no doubt that may be a lot more massive. Even more than what we saw from their fortresses & their Sky Station, Beachhead, though, no doubt we might see another Sky Station they may create, only more larger & more secure than Beachhead.

Cadiz may also be connected to a particular role with The Machine, which is no doubt crucial to their Grand Design. We've yet to see how that leads to it.

You do that. I did have some thoughts that Florenza may be in Calabria Skyway, & the other images from the Valencia page on the game's website may be some buildings that could be in Calabria Skyway, or some other yet-to-be named Skyway, not Aragon.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Unfortunately YouTube doesn't appear to have all of the rogues gallery so I can't find most galleries but a thought did hit me.

If Gaspard did take up pirating in Calabria Skyway the skyway isn't obviously the heart of Valencia maybe more like an upgraded Aragorn skyway? I do know that the real Calabria has a lot of villages which I'm sure in P101 wouldn't house to many Unicorns which means we will be seeing a lot of Crabs and Gineua Pigs in Calabaria skyway but if you were expecting lush villas and Unicorsn everywhere! Don't despair I'm sure we will see the teased pirate in Falmeas newsletter in Calabria Skyway

From all this information I am beginning to suspect a third visit to Valencia might happen
The only thing our 3rd Trip to Valencia could be done is if we finish our Second Trip to Valencia. That has to come first.

We will no doubt see more crabs, guinea pigs & unicorns in Valencia, but we may see some more citizens than that. The Toymaker is still in Valencia, you know. Also, there may be famed explorers in Valencia, some that may be descendants to legendary explorers dedicated to continuing their legacies since their passing.

I'm not in despair. I'm just excited to piece together this discovery. I don't know of Calabria being the heart of Valencia. Only that Calabria is a fragment of Valencia. We may see more besides that one day. Today, I'm excited to see that Skyway.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Dogsrock5656 on Mar 2, 2016 wrote:
Calabria could be cool, but I was thinking it could be Cadiz. Though, I don't actually know if that's a skyway, so it is more likely for it to be Calabria.
I may imagine Cadiz may be a lot more than what you think it would be... but one thing is for sure, we may see it someday.

Calabria Skyway is no doubt the next Skyway we may be heading to in our second visit to Valencia, though, I am certain it may be more larger and have more lands than the Aragon Skyway, & may have more Armada facilities, too. Expect that Skyway to have more adventure & danger.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
this is kinda long read but i'm hoping will be added to the new valencian skyway.. i posted it quite awhile ago under shipyards there are 5 parts to it here is the link please let me know what you think..
stormy jen silver

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-shipyards/do-you-have-an-idea-8ad6a40435cd8a9b0135cf6f2a750583/8ad6a41b4f07736a014f197905e73ca6#8ad6a41b4f07736a014f197905e73ca6

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012

You don't have to go to You Tube to look at the Rogues Galleries. Go to the NEWS menu above and click on Newsletters. You do have to go to each monthly newsletter to view the Rogue's Gallery for that month.

Gaspard is in the latest News Letter (I think it is either February or March 2016).

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
This is an interesting theory.I hope they release a new update soon.

Ensign
Dec 28, 2015
Although I'm sure our return to Valencia will be epic, I didn't much care for Valencia. It felt cut short, so hopefully this stay will be longer, maybe even the Cool Ranch kind o' long! Ayy, a guy can dream, right? Meh, although I'm sure we will eventually travel to Krokotpia in the future, I was kinda hoping it'd be the next update, ah well. Maybe we will be taking on the mysterious Clockwork Queen, or Phule in this next update, as it seem's to be headed to Valencia. On the topic of Phule, do we know if he survived the raid on Fort Elena? Is he still in there, or did he got busted out? It seem's obvious that the way we will be getting in to Valencia again is through the Valencian Stormgate in Port Regal. Or, y'know, just do it the easy way and Transportalate there haha. Whatever this next update is, let's hope its huge, with lots of story in it!

Hope to see yeh' around the Spiral!
- Slick Seth Sawkins Lvl 65 / Quick Quincy Quarton Lvl 33

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Phule already got out of his cell in the attack by the time we returned to Cool Ranch again, so he didn't stay there long. However, he did witness Napoleguin being escaped by us, so he will no doubt report this to Kane, & it will result in making contingency plans about Napoleguin's attempts to overthrow the Armada & stepping up their game. He has eyes built, you know, and the Armada has eyes where we didn't know it.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
we will know very very soon :D
stormy jen silver

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Trimond297 on Mar 1, 2016 wrote:
Pirates, hear this amazing news!

After reading the recent newsletter, I instantly remembered Blind Mew's Skyway hint, that had one letter in particular... "C".

That's where it hit me while reading it! "C" is now revealed as the next Skyway's name, Calabria! Wow! I never knew.

Come to think on it, Calabria is one o' Valencia's Skyways where Gaspard De Vole sailed with many of his former crews he partnered up with while reading the newest Rogue's Gallery about his backstory, and to my surprise, that hint eluded me for a while, that is, until now. I would presume others guessed about that, too, & to those trying, I salute your efforts.

I'm guessing that we will be heading to the Calabria Skyway on our Second Trip to Valencia, am I correct, Blind Mew, Hawkules, One-Eyed Jack, or Bonnie Anne, if one o' you are still around? I'm looking forward to seeing it once it's discovered!

Nevertheless, It was already exciting enough when Professor Falmea gave out the new character's concept image in her recent Falmea Friday post, & now, the hint's real name has been revealed, making me think what's it like in the Calabria Skyway & the excitement levels have been raised even higher than before!

Maybe we may learn & find the whereabouts of our mysterious messenger, the Toymaker, and his info could be the key to defeating Kane and the Armada once and for all! That's very exciting! And, as always, we will see more Armada troops, both old & new, in that Skyway, doubtlessly guarding it heavily, especially towards the moment we would reach there, which we will.

I was thinking we would see more from that newsletter. Though, I'm sure the hint's name being revealed there is more exciting. Kingsisle, your hints always keeps us amazed! Always good to know you still remember P101!

Pirates, what do you think about what amazing splendors, magnificent treasures even, & dark dangers awaits us in the Calabria Skyway when we get there? I can imagine plenty, even the Armada awaiting us, & we will be ready. Can't wait to see it!
But.......how? Sivella, Valencia, Aragon......... Those are all locations in Spain. Calabria is an Italian city in southwest Italy. de Vole is Spanish for "of vole". So why does an Italian pop up in a Spanish world?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
In one of the thanking KI for this sneak peek topics I posted a theory disproving Calabria, have a look at it Trimond

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
But.......how? Sivella, Valencia, Aragon......... Those are all locations in Spain. Calabria is an Italian city in southwest Italy. de Vole is Spanish for "of vole". So why does an Italian pop up in a Spanish world?
During the High Renaissance, Italy was torn between two super powers - Spain & France. You should expect to see more Spanish influences in the Italian provinces.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 24, 2016 wrote:
In one of the thanking KI for this sneak peek topics I posted a theory disproving Calabria, have a look at it Trimond
I don't recall any other Skyway in Valencia with another C, so Calabria is a big possibility we'll be heading there. Mew gave the hint, & it was that hint's name.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
I don't recall any other Skyway in Valencia with another C, so Calabria is a big possibility we'll be heading there. Mew gave the hint, & it was that hint's name.
Sure Calabria is possible but not garuanteed, what if a random unheard of name gets thrown at us?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
Sure Calabria is possible but not garuanteed, what if a random unheard of name gets thrown at us?
So, we'll be a bit surprised if Valencia's next Skyway with the letter "C" gets a different unheard name. So what? Sometimes, surprises gets us where we didn't expect them. I still say Calabria Skyway is on our minds, so we may still go there. Even if some unheard name takes the letter, "C", I wouldn't mind.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
So, we'll be a bit surprised if Valencia's next Skyway with the letter "C" gets a different unheard name. So what? Sometimes, surprises gets us where we didn't expect them. I still say Calabria Skyway is on our minds, so we may still go there. Even if some unheard name takes the letter, "C", I wouldn't mind.
I am just trying to make you aware of the possibility

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 28, 2016 wrote:
I am just trying to make you aware of the possibility
Yes. I know. Expecting such unexpected surprises, it's what I prepare.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Well, KingsIsle just placed a new concept art piece, and it's about Calabria Skyway! I knew that we're gonna go to the Calabria Skyway! I know many guessed otherwise, but I knew in my guessing it had to be Calabria, not Cadiz or otherwise.

Get ready, 'cause our adventures are continuing!

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
So any idea when the adventure is gonna continue? I have been waiting since the summer of 2014.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Would you mind pointing is the way to this art piece?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
SpellBinder Darius on May 6, 2016 wrote:
Would you mind pointing is the way to this art piece?
Their Twitter page. That's where the art piece is. Look. It's very brilliantly designed!