Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

School companion promption quests

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
I refer to those companions you find in your classrooms. Peter Quint, Chantal Livingstone, The Marchioness, Fan Flanders, and Carcarious Grimtooth. They all deserve more character development, and since everyone gets one of them, they're eligable for promotion quests.

Naturally, there will be some technical dificulties with adding these quests, since they are currently pay-to-promote. I'm thinking something along the lines of, if the companion is already promoted, the quest will be the same, but instead of promoting the companion, the reward will be an amount of gold that's basically a refund for the existing promotion.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
average moe on Feb 24, 2016 wrote:
I refer to those companions you find in your classrooms. Peter Quint, Chantal Livingstone, The Marchioness, Fan Flanders, and Carcarious Grimtooth. They all deserve more character development, and since everyone gets one of them, they're eligable for promotion quests.

Naturally, there will be some technical dificulties with adding these quests, since they are currently pay-to-promote. I'm thinking something along the lines of, if the companion is already promoted, the quest will be the same, but instead of promoting the companion, the reward will be an amount of gold that's basically a refund for the existing promotion.
Although I would like them to have promotion quests and have lines it's way too much hard work and they don't meet the criteria for an actual promotion

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
They are technically side companions, since you do get them from a side quest.
Maybe they could be turned into main ones, and have them be gotten along with the Kraken Skulls companions for the same main quest?
However, this would require alot of work, like voice acting, where to put them in areas where other main companions talk, etc

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I believe the main reason that these companions are pay to promote comes from the fact that they were added very late in the game and adding quest promotions would have been difficult to add.
They do have backstories; their Rogue's Galleries are full of the information you need to know about them, unlike the companions you can pick up in the Castillo Sapo dungeon, for example.
You're right that as these companions aren't gained through the main quest line, they might never get a story promo, however, it would be nice to have a quest promo for them.