Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Member benefits?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 29, 2008
I've looked in wizard101 and I was wondering...

Why doesn't members have benefits?

Ones like:

Free training points buy pack
Double pet experience

Those two most likely can be added in but why not?

Double scrip

Let me know more ideas below!

Thomas (Silver) Jekins lvl 41

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Check out this link for a mostly complete list of member benefits for Pirate101.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I'm sure, given time, that additional member benefits will be added to Pirate101, however Double Scrip doesn't seem fair. Scrip is like Arena Tickets -- there is no double Arena Ticket member benefit in Wizard101.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
must say x cough x double xp gained for pets would be LOVELY x cough x May 28th x cough x
or an elixir to increase Hybrid luck? he he he Decius
stormy jen silver

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
stormyjensilverdra... on May 15, 2016 wrote:
must say x cough x double xp gained for pets would be LOVELY x cough x May 28th x cough x
stormy jen silver
Ooh... I like that Hybrid Luck Boost elixir idea. (And the double pet XP ain't bad either)

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Willowydream on Feb 21, 2016 wrote:
I'm sure, given time, that additional member benefits will be added to Pirate101, however Double Scrip doesn't seem fair. Scrip is like Arena Tickets -- there is no double Arena Ticket member benefit in Wizard101.
Sort of.... but Arena Tickets are only available to PvPers in W101. Scrip is available to everyone so it's a little more relevant for the non PvPers in P101. I avoid the Arena Ticket merchandise vendor in W101 because it made me mad looking at things I couldn't buy because I found the W101 PvP experience to be an exercise in futility. Besides, given the relatively small number of Scrips that normally drop, doubling them for a day or so wouldn't be a huge boost but it would be something to look forward to if you need a few more for a certain item.

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
stormyjensilverdra... on May 15, 2016 wrote:
stormy jen silver
Hey, that's my birthday!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TucsonWizard on May 15, 2016 wrote:
Sort of.... but Arena Tickets are only available to PvPers in W101. Scrip is available to everyone so it's a little more relevant for the non PvPers in P101. I avoid the Arena Ticket merchandise vendor in W101 because it made me mad looking at things I couldn't buy because I found the W101 PvP experience to be an exercise in futility. Besides, given the relatively small number of Scrips that normally drop, doubling them for a day or so wouldn't be a huge boost but it would be something to look forward to if you need a few more for a certain item.
But in W101, you can also get Arena Tickets by doing Pet racing. And as to ship scrip drops, these are really, really random, no one gets the same amount from sinking ships; so how could KI adjust a double amount to a ship sinking?
However, you do have a point.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Actually, arena tickets are available to everyone in W101 as well. You can get them from doing the daily assignment, from PvP, or from the pet derby.

Ensign
Aug 08, 2010
Fiorenza Rosanante... on May 16, 2016 wrote:
Actually, arena tickets are available to everyone in W101 as well. You can get them from doing the daily assignment, from PvP, or from the pet derby.
Arena tickets only come from the ranked versions pet and pvp, and you need to pay in some form to access those. I like scrip a lot better since I can just farm it in the wild.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
I think that the day when double arena tickets will be perfect, is when p101 installs tournies.. though O: omgeez you guys.. one-shot tournies? maybe you can use at your house somehow while on your own backyard house one..
One way could be maybe just to link the regular pedastal to the house owner.. like make all home arenas(since each unique) an interactive option.. choose between the current for fun version or for crowns you can go into purchase mode, if your a member at that time that could be an internal sale half off..
Another option would be to sell the single versions that give a bonus housing item when done, like wizard has.. these could be easily added as awesome drops if us pirates ever get a treasure seeker map(like daily assisgnments on wiz).. and if we used single types one type I'd LOVE would be a 30min break out style choose difficulty as in "anything goes" like true primeval pvp doubloons everything no holds barred no nerfing you use what you like period. however this also 1000 guaranteed script divided up based on points earned/timed one like this type gets 5 min per player so adding cutscenes and payout is 30 minutes, can store these kind in attic if part housing. so its simple, efficient, fun, and guaranteed to be there whenever.
anyways long tangent later..obviously your post inspired me XD and yes I do agree with you lol..
I think as far as membership goes we need benefits that are severe enough to merit it, as well as be happy and whistling while we wait for the next improvement.. little boosts to add until a b-day or Halloween event or even next spring..skies should be pretty fair by then :)
stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
dk4vision on May 16, 2016 wrote:
Hey, that's my birthday!
well cool! stop in for a birthday morph! anything you looking for? I have most of the basics.. ;P pet hoarding pirate swaggering yum guzzling me over here XD yes please do stop in though :D
stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
anecorbie on May 16, 2016 wrote:
But in W101, you can also get Arena Tickets by doing Pet racing. And as to ship scrip drops, these are really, really random, no one gets the same amount from sinking ships; so how could KI adjust a double amount to a ship sinking?
yes! pet arena here is WAY more fun however the drops aren't really as good, as should be more equivalent to pet level.. they fall perfectly in time will morphing cooldown and its fun :)
stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on May 16, 2016 wrote:
and fishing! plus fishing has its own tourney style now as well :D
stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
that charming roug... on May 19, 2016 wrote:
Arena tickets only come from the ranked versions pet and pvp, and you need to pay in some form to access those. I like scrip a lot better since I can just farm it in the wild.
um its used to be like that.. but yea Wizard101 has now added other ways to earn tiny bits of arena tickets..works out for most people, and as far as WizPVP standards it rocks too because commanders that want to just earn enough for their robe can save and scrimp quest etc and not lose rank, they still buy tournies to earn greater drops, but if irl takes over they can still have a means to get that last 45 tickets..
stormy jen silver

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
anecorbie on May 16, 2016 wrote:
My mistake... what I should have said is the only way to get Arena Tickets requires an expenditure on your part... Crowns... the entry fee for PvP or Pet Race.
Someone else mentioned they are now available as rewards for the W101 Daily Assignments. This might be true... I took a break from W101 back in December in order to give P101 a second chance and liked it so much I've never gone back.
Anyway, regarding the random Scrip Drop from ship/ship battles... easy enough to simply double the drop for a day or two during a "Scrip Bonus" period. There's no reason to even change the normal drops. If you would have gotten 0 Scrip from a fight you'd get 0, if you would have gotten 5 Scrip you get ten. Nothing huge but every little bit helps.