Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Catbeard promotion idea \(*o*)/

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
So my friend Lucas and I made this a while ago and were too lazy to post it.

The Secret Life of Cap'n Kitty

To make an outrageously long story short: Catbeard loses a silver can (like a cat food tin) he got from El Dorado, and we go search for it. He changes throughout the promotion, he gets a little less snobby.

Level 70, 71, 72- "CAPTAIN! Get over here, NOW!"

In a tavern cellar, Catbeard: "My captain, something incredibly valuable of mine has gone missing!", "NO, I didn't leave it anywhere- I wager it's been STOLEN!", "What is it? Well, that's not really any of your business, now is it?!" (imagine you just told him that you are his captain) "That's not the point!..We must leave this place at once!", "To Gullet!" We sail over to Jonah Town.

On our way over to the bucket, Captain Ahab: "Well hello there, what might you folk-" Unexpected Catbeard: "Enough talk, you! Now lower the bucket!" We descend to Gullet, and enter the Frogfather's office. The Frogfather does not seem entirely surprised.

Catbeard
begins: "Frogfather- remember that trinket I showed you a long time ago?", "It's kind of a priceless heirloom, and I guess I let it slip from my paws."

Frogfather knows what he is talking about: "That is terrible. I can understand your anguish. Stolen, I suppose?", "If this is the case, I believe I may be able to help.", "I happen to be harboring some clients with such motives.", "Speak to Mr. Flinch in Port Regal. I'm sure he can direct you to them."

We find Mr. Flinch in The Hope and Anchor. The frog recognizes you from Ratbeard's second promotion: "Hmmm, you want a favor, huh? You're an able pirate. First, I'm in need of a favor.", "I lost my best gun, got stolen in fact, by Captain Catbeard. You seen 'im?"

Catbeard denies this: "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Mr. Flinch: "Oh! Catbeard!...I reckon we're going to have to do this the hard way. I'd like a new gun, an even better one.", "I saw a few clockworks scouting a shack down by the docks. Find them, snatch me one of their rifles, and we can get to business." The shack I'm referring to is down in the beach area of Port Regal, 2 doors right of where Mrs. Phipps is standing. You enter the shack. A salamander and 2 chicken pugilists are inside. Taco Salamanca, the salamander, is interrogating the chickens: "WHAT DID YOU DO!"

Jeff Purpleman, one of the chickens, is scared of Taco: "I want to live!"

Housenberg, the other chicken, notices you: "Pirate- help!" You, Catbeard, Housenberg, and Jeff Purpleman enter combat against Taco, a swashbuckler boss with insane, degenerate, piece-of-filth health. (If you got that reference you are awesome and I hope you know that)

Once he's defeated, Dragoons burst into the room: "Halt. Throw down your weapons or be incapacitated."
The chickens and salamander are all gone, in this fight it's 4 Dragoons vs. you, Catbeard, and 2 companions of choice.

Out of space. Will continue when this gets posted stay tuned.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Part 2 of many....

Catbeard: "Um, he did ask for a rifle...close enough." You can return a Dragoon Autocannon to Mr. Flinch (it's imaginary).

Mr. Flinch didn't expect that huge bazooka thing: "WOAH! Wha- what is that? Uhh, yeah, yeah! Of course I want it!", "Alright, time for your favor. What d'you want?", "Frogfather's harboring smugglers again? My best guess is the ol' warehouse south of the governor's mansion.", "If you're looking for the smugglers, I recommend you follow the spiders."

More walking...more dungeons. Again, being specific like with the Salamanca Refuge; the door to this warehouse (Abandoned Warehouse) is on the brown building to the left of the laborer dog hammering down nails on a white wall. You enter, and huge webs are draped around all over the place. Spiders are crawling around.

Catbeard: "Why does it have to be spiders!"

You have to fight the spiders at least once, of course.

After the fight: Bonnie Anne: "Captain, look! See that trapdoor over there?"

You go through the trapdoor into a poorly lit tavern cellar full of Cat Smugglers (the cat pirate ones, not the marleybone-ish ones with bandit masks).

Cat Smuggler #1: "Oi! If it ain't Cap'n Catbeard! *hiss*",

Cat Smuggler #2: "You'll never get the shiny back!"

Bonnie Anne: "What the devil are you talking about?"

We fight them.

When they're defeated, they let out that their base is in Airedale Pier.

Cat Smuggler #2: "Where we going? That ol' shop back on Fetch?",

Cat Smuggler #1: "UUGH, yes!"

Yikes, out of room again. Post the next one later.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Part 3 of i didn't really think it would take up this much space.

So we go take a look around Airedale Pier and find Buddy's Burgers on the boardwalk with the Ferris wheel.

Mysterious Invisible Cat: "Hissss!"

El Toro: "Could you say that again?"

And we go inside. It's dark inside the shop, but we can see light coming from a tunnel leading down, dug through the wall. The tunnel leads to a secret dock under Airedale Pier, containing one pirate ship.

Background Tigers: "Amir! Get on the ship! We depart for Rajah any minute now!" We don't fight these tigers, we don't even see them, but they hint for us to get on the ship.

Catbeard: "Captain, I think what I'm looking for is on that ship." Approaching and boarding the ship starts an instance quest, called 9-Lives. The first goal is to search barrels for Catbeard's "trinket" on the other side of the ship, but there are tigers standing in the way.

So you fight 4 random kurghas.

When you get to search the barrels, Monkey King says: "Just fish and cat nip, nothing interesting. Let's try going inside the ship." We go down a trapdoor into a room full of hammocks and cots. Bhru and some other random tigers are in there.

After the fight: Gracie Conrad: "Um, under the beds, maybe?",

and Ratbeard: "Nothing here. I sure hope whatever Kitty's looking for is worth it...",

next room. Cannons, scratching posts. Wahtardos and more random tigers are there.

After the fight, Wahtardos: "The shiny does not belong to pirates like you!"

Hawkules: "Why are we here again?"

Bonnie Anne: "Here, maybe those crates in the back hold this 'shiny'?"

Old Scratch: "No rooms left. I an' I go back to top deck." We return to the top deck.

Catbeard: "I think it may be lost forever, captain. I don't know what to do now."

Dang, out of space once again. I will continue it soon...

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Part 4 i think idk at this point

Morris the Cat appears. He's a cat thug model, like Milo Barker in W101. He has a tall, jagged top hat, an evil mustache like what the nefarious buck has, a torn, black pirate coat, and some kind of piratey shoe things.

"Well, well, well. Catbeard, we meet again at last!"

The fight with him has some cheats which I will explain in the next part.

After the fight, a chest (not from the fight) appears on the deck. You press X to open it.

Ratbeard
: "What the-! What's this? We went through all that for just an empty tin can?!"

Catbeard: "That's not tin, it's silver! I found it in El Dorado. Captain, you and this can are some of the few things that keep me connected with your parents these days.", "I apologize for the inconvenience- here, I'll buy everybody yum to make up for it! To the tavern!"

We head to a tavern to do stuff.

Catbeard: "Captain, thank you for helping me get this back. It's worth much more than money.", "This calls for celebration! Barkeep, where's that yum?"

Done with the story, but we still have more stuff related to it coming. It'll be over soon, I promise.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
part 5 (Stats, Drops, and Cheats)

If I don't list any drops, they don't give anything special.

here's Taco:

Taco Salamanca
Salamander Assassin
Swashbuckler
Level 70
16350 Health
Blade Storm 3
First Strike 2
Vengeance Strike
Reckless Frenzy

He has some rare loot:

Taco's Blade
Stabby Weapon
Level 70+
Bonuses from Agility
232 Base Weapon Power

Salamanca Family Heirloom
Charm
Level 70+
Grants Riposte
+12 Weapon Power
+8 Dodge

here are the dragoon stats:

[dragoon name]
Armada Dragoon
Buccaneer
Level 69, 70, or 71
3308, 3376, or 3454 Health
Turn the Tide 3
Hold the Line 2
Blade Storm 2
Repel Boarders
Steely Resolve
The Big Guns

And the Spiders....

Spider
Spider (that's their title too)
Witchdoctor (yolo i made them melee)
Level 70, 71, or 72
2895, 2923, or 2951 Health
Repel Boarders 2
Vengeance Strike 2
Riposte
Relentless

Manticores get an epic-granting totem, so why not these random spiders?

Spider Fang
Totem
Grants Witch Hunter
+9 Will
+9 Magic Resist

Here are the cat smugglers:

[pirate name]
Cat Smuggler
Swashbuckler
Level 70, 71, or 72
2895, 2923, or 2951 Health
Pirate 2
Repel Boarders 2
Blade Storm 2
First Strike 2

Aww out of room again.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Part 5b (Stats, Drops, and cheats)

Here are the tigers:

[random tiger name]
Kurgha Soldier
buckler
Level 71 or 72
2923 or 2951 Health
Cheap Shot 3
Blade Storm 2
Vengeance Strike

[random tiger name]
Kurgha Captain
Musket
Level 71 or 72
Parting Shot 3
Double Tap 2
True Grit

Bhru
Kurgha Officer
buckler
Level 72
3204 Health
Witch Hunter 3
Repel Boarders 2
Flanking 2
Blade Storm
Walk in Darkness

Wahtardos
Kurgha Captain
Musket
Level 72
3410 Health
Burst Fire 3
Crossfire 2
Double Tap 2
Overwatch 1
Powder Monkey's Palisade

Here's the boss, morris:

Morris the Cat
Cat in the Hat
Buck
Level 72
3630 Health
Turn the Tide 3
Hold the Line 3
Follow Through 3
Vengeance Strike 2
Second Chance
Walk the Plank
Shark Bait
Friskies

Before I explain to you those 3 cheats at the bottom, I'm gonna tell you about the battleboard. Morris is forcing you off the plank. It's a 1-square thin row of 6 squares. Morris spawns on the square farthest left, and you and Catbeard spawn somewhere on the other five-sixths of the plank.

Walk the Plank activates when he approaches someone. It pushes them, and anyone behind them, back a square. It doesn't deal any damage. Technically, he can't attack you unless you're on the edge of the plank or he's using vengeance strike.

Walk the Plank can end up activating Shark Bait. Shark Bait activates when a unit steps on the square farthest right on the plank. A shark springs up and bites you, doing 200 damage.

Friskies is like Soul Shroud, except he doesn't gain any health from it. If you hit him while he's below half health, a Kurgha captain on deck will shoot you, doing like 100 damage. The Kurgha captain isn't an actual enemy; it's like the battle angels that swoop in and attack you in Rooke's Swift Retribution.

Here are his drops:

Wicked Lid
Hat
Level 70+
Grants Charm
+14 Will
+12 Accuracy

Wicked Jacket

Outfit
Level 70+
Grants Widow's Touch
+14 Strength
+49 Armor

Wicked Boots

Boots
Level 70+
Grants Soul Shroud
+14 Agility
+12 Dodge

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Part 5c (Drops, Cheats, and stats)

I couldn't put this in the last part:

Wicked 'Stache
Accessory
Level 70+
Grants Scent (probably too OP- only throwing the idea out there)
+15 Dodge

It drops from Morris the Cat.

Well, that's all folks! If you have questions or changes, post them below.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Why do the moderators let you post Breaking Bad references and not me?...maybe I go too far...

Also, the part that wasn't on the script in the iPhone notes - Taco: "What'd you guys try to do to me, huh?" Jeff Pinkman: "I don't wanna die!" Taco: "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" (dragons) Jeff Pinkman: "Run! It's the P.E.A.!" Bonnie Anne: "Um, you mean the Armada?" Housenburg: "No! The Pirate Enforcement Agency! We need to hide!"

And Laevir Vigilum is the boss dragoon in the fight. His name translates to "brother-in-law cop", and he's like Hank Schrader. He has Widow's Touch and an Unveil cheat that reveals all hidden enemies automatically.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
Why do the moderators let you post Breaking Bad references and not me?...maybe I go too far...

Also, the part that wasn't on the script in the iPhone notes - Taco: "What'd you guys try to do to me, huh?" Jeff Pinkman: "I don't wanna die!" Taco: "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" (dragons) Jeff Pinkman: "Run! It's the P.E.A.!" Bonnie Anne: "Um, you mean the Armada?" Housenburg: "No! The Pirate Enforcement Agency! We need to hide!"

And Laevir Vigilum is the boss dragoon in the fight. His name translates to "brother-in-law cop", and he's like Hank Schrader. He has Widow's Touch and an Unveil cheat that reveals all hidden enemies automatically.
Unveil reveals all hidden enemies automatically? Ok, as in every hidden enemy on the battleboard without being near them?
If so, too OP, tone it down; either make it a power he must use ( this gives a random chance for it to show ) or make it that exposes any enemy who approaches him for a duration of 3 rounds?

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
This might be of interest to humans... I got the full dialogue of the quest here.