Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Corporal Sanders & Captain Foote need unique looks

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Pirates, if you're enjoying your adventures in Cool Ranch, I do have something to say about two particular characters we meet in side quests...

Captain Foote, being the mad leader of his own Chicken Renegades from the War's end, has been a fine adversary we've faced. I can say that he was willing to do everything in his power to seek what he lost long ago in the War. We thwarted his crazy ways in Junction & sent him to Fort McMurtry to be imprisoned for his crimes.

& there's Corporal Sanders. We meet him in the Hidden Valley Ranch where Monterey Jack was in their house hideout, & he was injured from being ambushed by the Red Sash Gang, so we aided him by taking him to Dr. Coop to heal his wounds & we took him to Junction so he could make his own way to Fort McMurtry.

Later, we see them again in the Hang 'Em Jail. Captain Foote, willing to take revenge against us for being imprisoned to Fort McMurtry, & Corporal Sanders was being imprisoned by him, likely to keep him ransom. He was stopped once more, Sanders was rescued, & Foote willingly surrendered to us & agreed to be placed back in jail again.

Now, here comes this suggestion. I think they should receive unique looks, like how KI did to Tonka, if anyone recalls from before.

Captain Foote should be given a unique makeover to better distinguish him as a unique adversary among the Chicken Renegade mobs, & to make him more recognizable.

& Corporal Sanders should also have a unique look, too. He looks the same like other Chicken Renegade mobs, so I would think he needs his own appearance makeover to better stand out as a unique ally, along with being more recognizable, too.

Plus, for those who recruited him by playing as Musketeers or bought him from the Crowns Shop to all others, & have promoted him, he should also have new appearances from his Chicken Soldier tier & Chicken Veteran tier appearances, the one who uses the unique look I mentioned, & the other a more new promoted look so he would look very amazing once he gets promoted.

Even more, isn't that strange how Sanders' feather colors change between promotions from his natural colors to grey colors & using Captain Foote's bland appearance? I thought so.

Well, nevertheless, I would like KI to give Captain Foote & Corporal Sanders unique appearance changes to better distinguish them as unique side quest characters.

So, what do you think about this suggestion, Pirates? I wish KI could do that one day. Honestly, them using the appearances from the Chicken Renegade mobs feels very bland & repetitive to me.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Feb 12, 2016 wrote:
Pirates, if you're enjoying your adventures in Cool Ranch, I do have something to say about two particular characters we meet in side quests...

Captain Foote, being the mad leader of his own Chicken Renegades from the War's end, has been a fine adversary we've faced. I can say that he was willing to do everything in his power to seek what he lost long ago in the War. We thwarted his crazy ways in Junction & sent him to Fort McMurtry to be imprisoned for his crimes.

& there's Corporal Sanders. We meet him in the Hidden Valley Ranch where Monterey Jack was in their house hideout, & he was injured from being ambushed by the Red Sash Gang, so we aided him by taking him to Dr. Coop to heal his wounds & we took him to Junction so he could make his own way to Fort McMurtry.

Later, we see them again in the Hang 'Em Jail. Captain Foote, willing to take revenge against us for being imprisoned to Fort McMurtry, & Corporal Sanders was being imprisoned by him, likely to keep him ransom. He was stopped once more, Sanders was rescued, & Foote willingly surrendered to us & agreed to be placed back in jail again.

Now, here comes this suggestion. I think they should receive unique looks, like how KI did to Tonka, if anyone recalls from before.

Captain Foote should be given a unique makeover to better distinguish him as a unique adversary among the Chicken Renegade mobs, & to make him more recognizable.

& Corporal Sanders should also have a unique look, too. He looks the same like other Chicken Renegade mobs, so I would think he needs his own appearance makeover to better stand out as a unique ally, along with being more recognizable, too.

Plus, for those who recruited him by playing as Musketeers or bought him from the Crowns Shop to all others, & have promoted him, he should also have new appearances from his Chicken Soldier tier & Chicken Veteran tier appearances, the one who uses the unique look I mentioned, & the other a more new promoted look so he would look very amazing once he gets promoted.

Even more, isn't that strange how Sanders' feather colors change between promotions from his natural colors to grey colors & using Captain Foote's bland appearance? I thought so.

Well, nevertheless, I would like KI to give Captain Foote & Corporal Sanders unique appearance changes to better distinguish them as unique side quest characters.

So, what do you think about this suggestion, Pirates? I wish KI could do that one day. Honestly, them using the appearances from the Chicken Renegade mobs feels very bland & repetitive to me.
I suppose onky because foote is mad and he is a leader he could take on a different appearance and maybe sanders could be a tiny bit different in his first tier and then become unqiue in his second tier, I would personally love this

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Feb 15, 2016 wrote:
I suppose onky because foote is mad and he is a leader he could take on a different appearance and maybe sanders could be a tiny bit different in his first tier and then become unqiue in his second tier, I would personally love this
Yes. That would be very nice to have them stand out from others. I'm sure some people in KI could whip up their own appearances.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Why should they have different appearances? When you confront Foote ( then Hande ) the musketeer pirate hasn't yet recruited Sanders. In fact, only until he gets his promotion does his appearance change and besides he takes on our pirate's colors so for many there is a difference in appearance already.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Although I have often disagreed with some of your posts ( & have also agreed with some ) , I know they are motivated in trying to improve the over-all gaming experience.
But this post seems to be more "nit-picking" than improvement; many of us have companions, who when they promote, end up similarly dressed as the NPC bosses we face. I'm not upset because Subodai now resembles Hunan the Barbarian ( actually, he's better looking ).
I think that KI's time is better utilized in furthering the story, checking for bugs/glitches in new material rather than going back to fix what "ain't broke".

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Feb 16, 2016 wrote:
Although I have often disagreed with some of your posts ( & have also agreed with some ) , I know they are motivated in trying to improve the over-all gaming experience.
But this post seems to be more "nit-picking" than improvement; many of us have companions, who when they promote, end up similarly dressed as the NPC bosses we face. I'm not upset because Subodai now resembles Hunan the Barbarian ( actually, he's better looking ).
I think that KI's time is better utilized in furthering the story, checking for bugs/glitches in new material rather than going back to fix what "ain't broke".
We know that. I did say someday, like maybe once they advanced the story again. I was only saying they should be looking a bit more unique to stand out from the others.

That, & I think it's odd for him to change his feather colors to Foote's own feather colors once he got promoted. I'm not upset about Subodai taking on Hunan's appearance, either, though, that's for a different time.

Apologies if it's a bit nit-picking. I was just stating some opinions.

Ensign
Dec 21, 2012
Yep, cant spend all my time reading this Can someone phrase this in like a sentence or two

Thank You!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
EucalyptusMilk on Feb 16, 2016 wrote:
Yep, cant spend all my time reading this Can someone phrase this in like a sentence or two

Thank You!
If you "can't spend the time" reading, then don't comment on what you don't understand.

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
EucalyptusMilk on Feb 16, 2016 wrote:

Thank You!
Anecorbie disagrees. She thinks the game ain't broken, but, that's her. This is three sentences so if you are reading this, congrats...

Your Welcome!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
One thing that should change is sanders promotion feather colour, it's odd how his feathers change

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
coconut pirate on Feb 17, 2016 wrote:
Anecorbie disagrees. She thinks the game ain't broken, but, that's her. This is three sentences so if you are reading this, congrats...

Your Welcome!
What I mean is Sanders & Foote should have unique looks that stand out from the other Renegade Chicken mobs, & Sanders' promotion looks should be looking more unique.