Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sarah Steele

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Look, Sarah Steele is the best companion in the game. Don't think it, just believe it. And for all you fellow Swashbucklers out there, I'll give you a piece of advice: whenever you can, USE HER. I could go on and on about how great she is, but I want to leave that to you. So post some replies. Say what you do (or don't) like about her. But if you really want some proof, I'll show you her stats.

Sarah Steele Level 53 Mouse Corsair
Weapon power: 314
Health: 1900 ( have bad health)
Epic Abilities: Repel Borders, First Strike 3, Riposte 2, Blade Storm
Automatic Super Hit
Swashbuckler's Stab (Automatic Mega Hit)
Shadowdance (Increase chance critical strike)
Walk In Darkness

Hint: Use Walk In Darkness before doing Super Hit (Does twice the damage than regular Super Hit)

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Feb 10, 2016 wrote:
Look, Sarah Steele is the best companion in the game. Don't think it, just believe it. And for all you fellow Swashbucklers out there, I'll give you a piece of advice: whenever you can, USE HER. I could go on and on about how great she is, but I want to leave that to you. So post some replies. Say what you do (or don't) like about her. But if you really want some proof, I'll show you her stats.

Automatic Super Hit
Walk In Darkness

Hint: Use Walk In Darkness before doing Super Hit (Does twice the damage than regular Super Hit)
I find her annoying. maybe when she's a higher level, but as it stands she only has walk in shadows, and backstab I think it's called. Thing is, I activate walk in shadows, but then an enemy moves into range, activating repel borders, which reveals herself. She also doesn't have the greatest stats, at least relative to my other companions.

The Grin Reaper

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Feb 10, 2016 wrote:

Automatic Super Hit
Walk In Darkness

Hey have you ever heard of the companion nausica, or maybe you have heard walking up to Sarah Steele and removing her hide? She doesn't even have relentless, she really can't do much against enemies who are not melee

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
That repel borders of hers really pulls her down. She's really bad for me, so I don't really use her.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
There are many arguments for other companions to be "The Best", I will say this - she's in my top tier of companions. There are ways to off set the Repel Boarders issue; and that's to move Sarah to the back or to a protected position so that she won't be approached.
I wouldn't use her in PVP, though, her weakness is too well known.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Feb 12, 2016 wrote:
There are many arguments for other companions to be "The Best", I will say this - she's in my top tier of companions. There are ways to off set the Repel Boarders issue; and that's to move Sarah to the back or to a protected position so that she won't be approached.
I wouldn't use her in PVP, though, her weakness is too well known.
She is supposed to be used defensively, people don't know here is how to use her on defense

1. Use her hide and place a protection buff and put her 2 squares in front of you

2. Use a buff or team hide, do as you wish with companions use Sarah's critical buff

3. Move to Sarah and keep Sarah in front of your team

4. Use gallant defense to protect your companion or use it after if you want Sarah's repel boarders to activate, of its rank 3 she will lower accuracy, combine that with riposte rank 3 and watch even a PC buccaneer fall to her

I haven't been able to try this so its a bit bad but I'm sure you can play defense as a swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
IMO I think that Sarah is honestly one of those companions who is either really good, or really bad. Her repel boarders kinda ruins her, yet sometimes, I see her chaining forever with FS 3 and Riposte 3 after her repel boarders. However, even then, she's just not on par with other buckler companions like Fan ( Super, crit buff and agility buff, not to mention access to multiples) or Toro (Espirit). and yes, there are other companions like Nausica and goro who are much better than her. And Scratch :D!!!!