Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gear with powers

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 14, 2016
I usually buy my gear in the bazaar on Skull Island. I occasionally get drops of gear with powers (the no auction items that have a card on them with some kind of power) on them from quest lines. Where is the best place to go to get gear your level that has powers on them? Can you buy them in the bazaar? Can you only get them from quests or boss fights? Which bosses drop gear for buccaneers? Is there a particular place/boss to farm? Thanks for the help.

Ensign
Aug 16, 2011
You cant buy gear with powers anywhere, witch is stanky, you can only get those drops from bosses.

Also here is a link that might help! : http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Basic:ProvidesAbility_Table

That might help!

PIEandPI

Admiral
May 30, 2010
A few bits with powers are available in the bazaar, but your best bet is to farm the bejeebers out of whoever drops what you'd like.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
JerseyGirlLisa on Feb 9, 2016 wrote:
I usually buy my gear in the bazaar on Skull Island. I occasionally get drops of gear with powers (the no auction items that have a card on them with some kind of power) on them from quest lines. Where is the best place to go to get gear your level that has powers on them? Can you buy them in the bazaar? Can you only get them from quests or boss fights? Which bosses drop gear for buccaneers? Is there a particular place/boss to farm? Thanks for the help.
If you send one or two companions Scavengin' they will return with class-specific gear (not necessarily just Buccaneer) and you may get lucky and find something No Auction. Whatever you can't use, you can sell, of course. Another way to find this gear is in Group Plunder chests, so if you quest with a friend, or use a second account, you would have a chance to have one of these appear after a battle. (Not on board ships, though )

Just about every boss in each world has a small chance of dropping No Auction gear of their level, but if you identify which talent or power it is that you want to use, you can research to find the name of the items that provide said talent/power and then see where it has been reported to be dropped. Then you will know where to farm.

Many Buccaneers play differently from each other, so there is no one set of "best gear."

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Willowydream on Feb 10, 2016 wrote:
If you send one or two companions Scavengin' they will return with class-specific gear (not necessarily just Buccaneer) and you may get lucky and find something No Auction. Whatever you can't use, you can sell, of course. Another way to find this gear is in Group Plunder chests, so if you quest with a friend, or use a second account, you would have a chance to have one of these appear after a battle. (Not on board ships, though )

Just about every boss in each world has a small chance of dropping No Auction gear of their level, but if you identify which talent or power it is that you want to use, you can research to find the name of the items that provide said talent/power and then see where it has been reported to be dropped. Then you will know where to farm.

Many Buccaneers play differently from each other, so there is no one set of "best gear."

I personally love games where there isn't a best "best peice of gear" because everyone's different and it makes the game more diverse making the spiral a neat unqiue place full of awesome gear to weild