Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Something that really annoyed me today...

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
So, my privateer is questing in MooShu, and these people are talking about how one of them only uses crowns companions. So, I join in and say, "Really? Not even Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard or El Toro?". He says he uses El Toro, and then proceeds to say that Lucy is the best companion. So, I'm okay with that. I say, "Sarah Steele is the same thing". He then calls me 'rey tar ted' in his chat for saying that they are the same version of each other. Can someone confirm that Sarah and Lucy are the same version of each other? Can pirates in the skyway be a little nicer?
-Noble John Parker, Lvl 65
-Dark John, Lvl 45
-Brave Jack Jackson, Lvl 15

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
PRIVATEERJACK10 on Feb 6, 2016 wrote:
So, my privateer is questing in MooShu, and these people are talking about how one of them only uses crowns companions. So, I join in and say, "Really? Not even Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard or El Toro?". He says he uses El Toro, and then proceeds to say that Lucy is the best companion. So, I'm okay with that. I say, "Sarah Steele is the same thing". He then calls me 'rey tar ted' in his chat for saying that they are the same version of each other. Can someone confirm that Sarah and Lucy are the same version of each other? Can pirates in the skyway be a little nicer?
-Dark John, Lvl 45
Sarah is actually superior to Lucy, because she gets 2 epic attacks ( Lucy has only one ). Sarah has Dance of Steel ( her own critical buff ) & Walk in Darkness. ( Lucy has neither of these epics. )
As for the "rey tar ted" remark, you should have reported him, this is an example of a justifiable reason for reporting. We don't need that kind of nastiness in the Spiral.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
PRIVATEERJACK10 on Feb 6, 2016 wrote:
-Dark John, Lvl 45
Well...the pirate in question should have been a lot nicer. I really hope you reported him for his comment.
But, as to Sarah and Lucy being the same companions, they are, but the aren't. Lucy Sterling, is the crowns copy of Sarah Steele. But, Sarah Steele, being the Kraken Skulls version, is actually a bit stronger than Lucy. All of the original Kraken Five companions are stronger than their crowns shop copies.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oops, sorry, I meant to say that Sarah has Shadowdance ( not Dance of Steel ), my bad.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I personally have noticed two things

1. The nice factor of pirate101 players has dropped, people are also saying they are better than each other a lot

2. People don't help others as much, I once needed help and 2 people said nah I'm too lazy and then proceed to stand there doing nothing for another 30 minutes

The attitude of the pirate101 community is changing for the worst

Ensign
Jun 29, 2012
I'm 100% sure that Lucy Sterling and Sarah Steele have the same exact stats..

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ThaZoner11 on Feb 8, 2016 wrote:
I'm 100% sure that Lucy Sterling and Sarah Steele have the same exact stats..
Sorry, they do not. It was confirmed by the dev's that the Crown Shop companions are not meant to be the same. Just close.