Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

El Dorodo in Skull Island?!?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
A crazy idea just came to mind: what if El Dorodo is hidden somewhere within Skull Island (world) this whole time? Think about it. In the real-world legend, El Dorado has been depicted as a lost colony of the Incas or Aztecs. In Skull Island, we already find vast remains of the Aztecasaur colonies, and it's already known that the Monquistans became rich and powerful thanks to the vast amounts of gold they pried from those remains. How big of a stretch would it be? Sure, Azteca is also a likely candidate, but I think it would be very interesting to find that the finish line was a lot closer to home base than we thought .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Serpent10611 on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
A crazy idea just came to mind: what if El Dorodo is hidden somewhere within Skull Island (world) this whole time? Think about it. In the real-world legend, El Dorado has been depicted as a lost colony of the Incas or Aztecs. In Skull Island, we already find vast remains of the Aztecasaur colonies, and it's already known that the Monquistans became rich and powerful thanks to the vast amounts of gold they pried from those remains. How big of a stretch would it be? Sure, Azteca is also a likely candidate, but I think it would be very interesting to find that the finish line was a lot closer to home base than we thought .
That's interesting, the notion that the thing we're looking for is right under our nose.... but it's unlikely. Remember what we were told about El Dorado - it's stormgate never shows up in the same place; now, if you were to say that the stormgate to El Dorado will show up in Skull Island, that is a good possibility.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
That's interesting, the notion that the thing we're looking for is right under our nose.... but it's unlikely. Remember what we were told about El Dorado - it's stormgate never shows up in the same place; now, if you were to say that the stormgate to El Dorado will show up in Skull Island, that is a good possibility.
True, but legends are basically like a rumor and rumors lead to misguidance. Think of it as if your mindset was literally in the p101 universe. Everyone says that El Dorado is a lost world of gold. In essence, everyone believes that it's another world completely, thus believing that there's a stormgate that leads to it. I think it could be just as possible that El Dorado (which is just an island of gold as we see from the same puppet show) is hidden in a void within an existing world were our ships can't sail past, for instance, the skyways below our ships' "buoyancy" level.
I'm thinking of this like that Disney movie "Treasure Planet". The map didn't lead them directly to the treasure, it lead them to a cliff's edge where it was used like a key to open a portal. The treasure itself too, it wasn't buried under the ground (not classically anyway), it was essentially the planet's core. What I'm saying that could be a big possibility is that the El Dorado map doesn't lead us there the way we all think it does. Avery says that the map is the key to unimaginable wealth, but like in "Treasure Planet", the map could be just that: a key. And El Dorado might not be a separate world but instead the core of an existing one.
But if KI sticks to what many of us think will happen, so be it then. Though I think it would be hilarious, just watch as a stormgate just appears right next to Skull Island.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Serpent10611 on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
Soldier: Now THAT is what I want to see!

Ensign
May 20, 2009
but look

what if we were el dorodo the whole time?

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Ahoy there pirates!
Yup, this is a pretty interesting topic. Avery said El Dorado is a lost city of gold, and the Aztecosaur ruins aren't made of gold. However, that is a pretty good thought. It's like, we quest through the whole of Pirate101, and Avery says, "Oh, I just found out El Dorado's stormgate is in Skull Island, right where you started." That would be pretty funny.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
sonichamlet on Jan 12, 2016 wrote:
but look

what if we were el dorodo the whole time?
We can't be El Dorado because the stormgate to El Dorado moves around; we have no trouble traveling to or from Skull Island.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Serpent1061:"A crazy idea just came to mind: what if El Dorodo is hidden somewhere within Skull Island (world) this whole time?"

Shades of Asimov's Foundation trilogy, hmmm, which also dealt with a spiral Galaxy and a lost location. Verrry interesting idea. And, as you say, the mythology of the real-world el Dorado most closely matches our primate friends' experiences in the Tradewinds Skyway.

I don't find the can't-be-because-of-the-moving-gate counterargument to be a firm rebuttal of your theory. (1) it was told us by someone who has never been to el Dorado, so not reliable, and (2) with multiple stormgates in individual skyways, who knows what parts of a given skyway remain incompletely explored.

Intriguing idea, Serpent.

-Indigo