Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Giant bundle of promotion ideas

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Whenever I try to post my long, intricate, War-and-Peace posts, Google Chrome crashes or my computer ends up restarting without warning. I'll just sum up all of my promotion ideas into hopefully one post. (Master plan- 1 post, like 100 yars. Not long and boring, just includes the cool stuff.)

Bonnie Anne Promotion
The Fox Connection (named after The French Connection, some movie. This is one of my most pathetic quest name puns ever. Foxes aren't even French.)

When Bonnie Anne becomes level 70, Mycroft Bones tells you to come see him. The Fox radicals are going too far. He wants Bonnie Anne to represent the Dogs' peaceful intentions in front of Albion royalty, but first he needs to be able to get you to Albion. They're gonna build a replica Armada ship, to disguise and sneak into Albion unnoticed. You find a Unicorn in Sivella who can figure out how to build it. You need to destroy Armada ships and collect parts, which will be placed on the hull of a Marleybone Galleon, like camouflage. When it's all done, the ship will appear in Westminster Skyway, looking like an Armada ship. The route to Albion is exactly like what I just posted about around half an hour ago. You press X to get on the ship, talk to a dog, and you'll be teleported onto the same ship, but in Albion Skyway. You can unbottle there. You head to the main island there in Albion Skyway, where the Fox royalty is. You fight your way into the manor, and meet the King and Queen or whoever. Duke, Dutchess, idk. Bonnie Anne tells them that the Dogs are on their side. They shoot it down, calling her a traitor and declaring war. You fight some Foxes to get out of the place, and report back to Mycroft Bones. You fight in 3 big battles on various islands in Albion Skyway against armies of Fox highlanders, all of which you defeat. The Dogs win the war. You go back to a tavern. Bonnie Anne feels guilty, saying that war didn't solve anything.

Rewards
She promotes to Fox Emissary. She gets a tartan-design cape thing on her left shoulder, a bigger plume on her cap, a sword on the left side of her belt, and a few medals. Her Scatterblast power is upgraded to giving -25% dodge instead of simply -25. Also, she gets Musketeer's Mettle. She gets the selection of 1 more epic talent, and Stock Assault is upgraded to Rank 2 (3 uses per round).

El Toro Promotion
I don't even know what his promotion quest would be. I just know what he should get when he's done.

Rewards
He promotes to Masked Legend. Lol, I don't know how his appearance should change either. He's already covered in gold. But he should get Gallant Defense. And more epics, maybe a unique one called Stealthy Retaliation where he throws knives back at gun/staff users who miss him.

I overestimated the character limit, I'll reply and add more later. NOT saying you shouldn't reply. Or yar.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
Whenever I try to post my long, intricate, War-and-Peace posts, Google Chrome crashes or my computer ends up restarting without warning. I'll just sum up all of my promotion ideas into hopefully one post. (Master plan- 1 post, like 100 yars. Not long and boring, just includes the cool stuff.)

Bonnie Anne Promotion
The Fox Connection (named after The French Connection, some movie. This is one of my most pathetic quest name puns ever. Foxes aren't even French.)

When Bonnie Anne becomes level 70, Mycroft Bones tells you to come see him. The Fox radicals are going too far. He wants Bonnie Anne to represent the Dogs' peaceful intentions in front of Albion royalty, but first he needs to be able to get you to Albion. They're gonna build a replica Armada ship, to disguise and sneak into Albion unnoticed. You find a Unicorn in Sivella who can figure out how to build it. You need to destroy Armada ships and collect parts, which will be placed on the hull of a Marleybone Galleon, like camouflage. When it's all done, the ship will appear in Westminster Skyway, looking like an Armada ship. The route to Albion is exactly like what I just posted about around half an hour ago. You press X to get on the ship, talk to a dog, and you'll be teleported onto the same ship, but in Albion Skyway. You can unbottle there. You head to the main island there in Albion Skyway, where the Fox royalty is. You fight your way into the manor, and meet the King and Queen or whoever. Duke, Dutchess, idk. Bonnie Anne tells them that the Dogs are on their side. They shoot it down, calling her a traitor and declaring war. You fight some Foxes to get out of the place, and report back to Mycroft Bones. You fight in 3 big battles on various islands in Albion Skyway against armies of Fox highlanders, all of which you defeat. The Dogs win the war. You go back to a tavern. Bonnie Anne feels guilty, saying that war didn't solve anything.

Rewards
She promotes to Fox Emissary. She gets a tartan-design cape thing on her left shoulder, a bigger plume on her cap, a sword on the left side of her belt, and a few medals. Her Scatterblast power is upgraded to giving -25% dodge instead of simply -25. Also, she gets Musketeer's Mettle. She gets the selection of 1 more epic talent, and Stock Assault is upgraded to Rank 2 (3 uses per round).

El Toro Promotion
I don't even know what his promotion quest would be. I just know what he should get when he's done.

Rewards
He promotes to Masked Legend. Lol, I don't know how his appearance should change either. He's already covered in gold. But he should get Gallant Defense. And more epics, maybe a unique one called Stealthy Retaliation where he throws knives back at gun/staff users who miss him.

I overestimated the character limit, I'll reply and add more later. NOT saying you shouldn't reply. Or yar.
1. Does Albion even have royalty? Aren't they under the "protection" of Marleybone? Most oppressive states aren't conciliatory toward rebellious subject nationals.
However, M and Special Branch would have an interest in stopping any further rebellions and sending Bonnie Anne as an emissary may be a good idea.
2. Why would the ship need to be disguised? Marleybone isn't at war with Albion, it's a territory of the Marleybonian state.
3. The French Connection isn't a good comparison to bring in - now if this was The Polarian Connection that would work. I'm sure you can find a better name.
I love the El Toro promotion, how about there's new problems in Santo Pollo that requires him to return? Friar Cluck could send an urgent message.
Appearance wise, you're right, how do you make him fancier than he already is?

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
1. Does Albion even have royalty? Aren't they under the "protection" of Marleybone? Most oppressive states aren't conciliatory toward rebellious subject nationals.
However, M and Special Branch would have an interest in stopping any further rebellions and sending Bonnie Anne as an emissary may be a good idea.
2. Why would the ship need to be disguised? Marleybone isn't at war with Albion, it's a territory of the Marleybonian state.
3. The French Connection isn't a good comparison to bring in - now if this was The Polarian Connection that would work. I'm sure you can find a better name.
I love the El Toro promotion, how about there's new problems in Santo Pollo that requires him to return? Friar Cluck could send an urgent message.
Lucas and I had a lengthy conversation about this, so I feel like I can explain. I'll start with number two.

The reason you need to be disguised is because if we docked in a marleybonian ship, we would be stoned to death by radicals upon docking. That's how bad relations are.

They would have had royalty but they would most likely be in exile. I agree, there should be some qualification here. A member of the royal family escaped and fled back to Albion to help his ailing people. In the mean time, the palace had been taken by radicals and used as a garrison. The regal fox was not taken kindly by the radicals and hid in a secret tunnel under the palace in attempt to convince the people through propaganda and secret meetings that this should be solved by diplomacy and not war. The fox simply wants freedom for his people, and it is in both his and special branch's interests to reach common ground.

i hoped that cleared some of it up for you.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
1. I don't know if Albion would have royalty, I'm totally inferior in a discussion about history, or any topic at all, really.

2. It's disguised as an Armada ship, because it's sneaking through Marleybone, probably passing by Beachhead and other Armada territory. They're hiding from the Armada, not the Foxes. Hopefully if this were in the game the dogs would explain it better than I did.

3. Lol, I thought that too, but the maintenance was coming up really fast so I had to hurry, stop trying to think of better puns, and get the post submitted before the site went offline.

Thanks for the El Toro feedback. Ooh, new governor? Donald Stump, a treant bearing no leaves except for a giant fern leaf laid flat on his head, waving up and down in the wind. He plans to place barricades to block off the salamanders in the Banditoad Trail. His competitors argue that not all salamanders are bad, but Stump ignorantly doesn't care about any individuals and labels them all as one. Maybe a close friend of Don Rodrigo (they don't know he is El Toro) lives in Banditoad Trail? Or maybe his cousins live there? Stump is eventually put out of office when we kindap him and deport him to Banditoad Trail.

Just thought about El Toro's appearance - here are some possible upgrades:
  • a big letter "T" on his cape
  • a fancier mask, the front of it looking similar to the Masque of the Lotus
  • gold trim on his sword, maybe a letter "T" on the blade guard as well

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
1. I don't know if Albion would have royalty, I'm totally inferior in a discussion about history, or any topic at all, really.

2. It's disguised as an Armada ship, because it's sneaking through Marleybone, probably passing by Beachhead and other Armada territory. They're hiding from the Armada, not the Foxes. Hopefully if this were in the game the dogs would explain it better than I did.

3. Lol, I thought that too, but the maintenance was coming up really fast so I had to hurry, stop trying to think of better puns, and get the post submitted before the site went offline.

Thanks for the El Toro feedback. Ooh, new governor? Donald Stump, a treant bearing no leaves except for a giant fern leaf laid flat on his head, waving up and down in the wind. He plans to place barricades to block off the salamanders in the Banditoad Trail. His competitors argue that not all salamanders are bad, but Stump ignorantly doesn't care about any individuals and labels them all as one. Maybe a close friend of Don Rodrigo (they don't know he is El Toro) lives in Banditoad Trail? Or maybe his cousins live there? Stump is eventually put out of office when we kindap him and deport him to Banditoad Trail.

LOL Donald Stump and the leaf "toupe"! Brilliant!

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013

Make Cool Ranch great again

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013

I do agree I would love to see el toro blinded up with the letter T on his cape and open the blade guard it may look nice I would prefer for el toro's mask to be unique to the masque of lotus but a better mask is a great idea

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012

This is my new favorite post on the forums.

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
Voodoo Cornelius on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
This is my new favorite post on the forums.
Same here My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Ahoy there pirates!
Really good ideas everyone! Adding on to Bonnie Anne's promotion, i think that she should meet Guy Fox, her brother, and that he becomes good. Also, for Old Scratch's next promo, I think Sister Snake would have fallen ill, and Old Scratch has to save her. He needs a special elixir that only a couple of people know where it is.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
narnialover1104 on Jan 9, 2016 wrote:
Ahoy there pirates!
Really good ideas everyone! Adding on to Bonnie Anne's promotion, i think that she should meet Guy Fox, her brother, and that he becomes good. Also, for Old Scratch's next promo, I think Sister Snake would have fallen ill, and Old Scratch has to save her. He needs a special elixir that only a couple of people know where it is.
Um, Sister Snake is a Totem Spirit. It would have to be wicked, bad juju that affects a Spirit from the beginning of the Spiral.
I don't think Guy is ready to reform, he would have to see how bad the Armada is first before joining forces with MB against them. ( Not saying he can't change and I hope for Bonnie's sake that he does. )

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
You know what, I have NO idea what other companions to make promotions for. Kingsisle has probably finished making all of them by now, and is just bug fixing stuff. I hope that, when the next (important) update comes out, Kingsisle will have had similar ideas.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jan 10, 2016 wrote:
You know what, I have NO idea what other companions to make promotions for. Kingsisle has probably finished making all of them by now, and is just bug fixing stuff. I hope that, when the next (important) update comes out, Kingsisle will have had similar ideas.
Why not this one for Monkey King?
The Celestial Ministers are annoyed that Monkey King has not served out his full sentence of ten thousand years and send a mystical being to fetch him for trial ( and because you interfered, you're in trouble too. )

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
Why not this one for Monkey King?
The Celestial Ministers are annoyed that Monkey King has not served out his full sentence of ten thousand years and send a mystical being to fetch him for trial ( and because you interfered, you're in trouble too. )
Interesting... unfortunately I must focus on not the matters you speak of, but in fact the cat that I am petting.

*passes the idea ball*

yay i'm lazy

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Kinda late to be posting this... Instead of "The Fox Connection", Bonnie* Anne's promo quest should be "The Fox and the Hound", or perhaps "The Foxes and the Hounds". Wait, no! Let's make it another 007 reference, like "The Gal with the Golden Gun" and "Her Majesty's Secret Service". Uh... "From Westminster with Love", based on "From Russia with Love". Ok. I am done now. Bad quest name problem solved.

*lol I put Bonnir Anne