Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

This Event Could Work

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It's true, very young children aren't playing P101, and hopefully are not playing or being exposed to FNaF ( through an older sibling's play ). Yet the reasons why you want a reference to this game are still weak; because you say its "popular" with pre-teens and teens then P101 should have an event based on the game.
Many parents wouldn't want a reference to this game in P101, this is the key point - KI advertises as "family friendly" and FNaF just doesn't fit this description.
Does KI reference any other game in P101 or W101? All I've seen are references to pop music, movies or books.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Serpent10611 on Jan 1, 2016 wrote:
Again, I understand the concern for the younger players, but there is one matter I'd like to bring up that I think people are overlooking (and I apologize if I start sounding a bit rude about it). With all these posts I've seen about "little kids being scarred" because of this, it puts me under the impression that people think kids as young as 5 play this game. The youngest age limit for p101 is 10. I've noticed over the years that kids around that age are no longer "delicate flowers"; they've gotten bolder. And this is the only time I'll repeat myself, the event I suggest is NOT a copy-and-paste fnaf. I've already reworked the story so not frightening at all and the "sudden shock of something screaming into your face" that's made fnaf scary is out of the picture.
understandable, but nevertheless it be highly unlikely that KI will ever consider this an idea to put the effort to this to the game, not to mention the last topic on a similar one now lock away never to see the light of day again, even if there are others who find this to be a great idea, other like meself do not find any likeness to such a thing, though meself find FNaF's rather not scary but ridiculous in a way, fer I've seen scarier stuff, but further more I applaud yer creative effort I must stick to me standards on this on.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
dk4vision on Jan 3, 2016 wrote:
What? Who could? I'm pretty certain we blew up his ship, correct me if I'm wrong.
True, But who knows where he fell after that.

-darkmoordude

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 4, 2016 wrote:
It's true, very young children aren't playing P101, and hopefully are not playing or being exposed to FNaF ( through an older sibling's play ). Yet the reasons why you want a reference to this game are still weak; because you say its "popular" with pre-teens and teens then P101 should have an event based on the game.
Many parents wouldn't want a reference to this game in P101, this is the key point - KI advertises as "family friendly" and FNaF just doesn't fit this description.
Does KI reference any other game in P101 or W101? All I've seen are references to pop music, movies or books.
I didn't say I wanted this event because fnaf was popular, I said I wanted it because it gives recognition to a single man's creativity and ambition. The whole fnaf series was created by one man and one man alone, and within the span of a single year no less. Imagine the willpower and dedication he must've had. Sure, on the outside it looks like just an intensely popular horror game, but on the inside I see an appreciation for a single man's efforts in creating a game series as successfully as those created by larger teams. You have to respect and admire that kind of ambition. I really don't see this as a weak reason for why it deserves the recognition.
And KI has referenced a game before. They gave us pirates a spotlight in the b.o.x.e.s. event. Even if they don't reference the game, I've said this before too, the idea of animatronics coming to life is not new. I've seen it done before on a tv show called Gravity Falls.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
I'm seeing that the reaction to this event is split, some are for it, others are not. I really do not want this to be a repeat of last time. I plead with everyone: instead of posting whether or not you're for the idea, post ideas on how the event can be improved so that everyone can reach a satisfied conclusion. I also advise to read previous posts carefully so that no one is mislead on intentions.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Serpent10611 on Jan 3, 2016 wrote:
I understand the points that you make but there are still other points that are being missed.
In regards to the first issue, I'm not repeating myself again. True, this event is a bit more than a nod but it's not a "giftwrapped" cut out either. It's the same type of correlation the wizards used with Dr. Who in the boxes event.
You are right about fear tolerance not completely corresponding to age and yes, generally everyone fears the unknown. But don't be accusing me of not knowing the fear response of that game. When it first came out, I too got scared at night, but after being regularly exposed to it I was numbed to it. And I wanna point this out: it's not the animatronics that are scary, it's the anticipation of if and when they'll get into your office and jump at you. And honestly, it's more a state of surprise than fear. I'll make an analogy for you:
Say your friend just jumps out at you from a dark room wearing some sort of mask. Yes, there's the initial fear response, but immediately your brain begins the process of figuring out what it is that's scaring you and you start to calm down; that's just being surprised (the animatronics give the initial scare but really all they are are robots in animal suits). Say some misshapen undead creature jumps out at you from a dark room. When something comes at you that your brain can't recognize, it just switches over to survival instincts until the danger is over; that's true fear. And as said before, it's the unknown of if and the shock of when the animatronics jump at you that triggers the fear response; it's not the animatronics themselves that trigger it. And I've made it clear that this event won't be having jumpscares so that fear response is unlikely.
I never said that this event was mandatory to play either. For those not interested, it could be easily glossed over like any side-quest. For those who are interested, it's something new and interesting we can complete and farm.
I shouldn't have included my last paragraph. My point was lost and in retrospect, it was simply unnecessary.

I'm going to relent on the matter as I no longer see any point in quarreling over it. If KI sees themselves profiting from this, then who am I to stand in their way.

I think this could be fun if implemented, but I hope it's not used as fluff in place of a story update. If it is, then people will be too upset to enjoy it properly.

Of course, I hold to my objections, but hey, that's life. I can't just happy agree with everything completely. That would make life duller.

Anyways, that's all I have to say and I wish you the best of luck.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Serpent10611 on Jan 4, 2016 wrote:
I didn't say I wanted this event because fnaf was popular, I said I wanted it because it gives recognition to a single man's creativity and ambition. The whole fnaf series was created by one man and one man alone, and within the span of a single year no less. Imagine the willpower and dedication he must've had. Sure, on the outside it looks like just an intensely popular horror game, but on the inside I see an appreciation for a single man's efforts in creating a game series as successfully as those created by larger teams. You have to respect and admire that kind of ambition. I really don't see this as a weak reason for why it deserves the recognition.
And KI has referenced a game before. They gave us pirates a spotlight in the b.o.x.e.s. event. Even if they don't reference the game, I've said this before too, the idea of animatronics coming to life is not new. I've seen it done before on a tv show called Gravity Falls.
Well props to this one man, but isn't he getting the accolades he deserves without KI adding to the praises already heaped on him? Their referencing P101 in the Five BOXES event doesn't count as both games are KI property. The animatronics coming to life isn't new it has been done in horror and comedy genres - why does KI need to follow a well trodden path?

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Even though Im not a fan of the fnaf series, it would be interesting to see something like it in pirate101, but much less creepy. And no animal mechs.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
FireMorgan13 on Jan 4, 2016 wrote:
I shouldn't have included my last paragraph. My point was lost and in retrospect, it was simply unnecessary.

I'm going to relent on the matter as I no longer see any point in quarreling over it. If KI sees themselves profiting from this, then who am I to stand in their way.

I think this could be fun if implemented, but I hope it's not used as fluff in place of a story update. If it is, then people will be too upset to enjoy it properly.

Of course, I hold to my objections, but hey, that's life. I can't just happy agree with everything completely. That would make life duller.

Anyways, that's all I have to say and I wish you the best of luck.
I don't see any point in quarreling either, with anyone. I didn't take offence from you and I hope you didn't from me. You have all the right to hold onto your opinion, I'm perfectly fine with that. Understand, though, it's not the difference in opinion that bothers me. After all the time thinking through how it could be incorporated in a relatively "friendly" manner to better suit the game, it just upsets me that some people can't at least reason with the idea. And by all means I'm not asking for this to be implemented right away; the main story update is and should be the top priority for the time being.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 4, 2016 wrote:
Well props to this one man, but isn't he getting the accolades he deserves without KI adding to the praises already heaped on him? Their referencing P101 in the Five BOXES event doesn't count as both games are KI property. The animatronics coming to life isn't new it has been done in horror and comedy genres - why does KI need to follow a well trodden path?
Ane, . . . please. . .
I'm gonna ask that we both end this quarrel and just agree to disagree. Every game is filled with well trodden paths but that doesn't make them bad, nor does it mean everyone agrees with them, but to not reason with them would be a mistake. We're both set in our views, and I'm fine with that, but to go back and forth like this doesn't help either case.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ane, . . . please. . .
I'm gonna ask that we both end this quarrel and just agree to disagree. Every game is filled with well trodden paths but that doesn't make them bad, nor does it mean everyone agrees with them, but to not reason with them would be a mistake. We're both set in our views, and I'm fine with that, but to go back and forth like this doesn't help either case.
True and my intent wasn't to hurt you, but to show my reasons that this event wouldn't work for P101. Please don't give up presenting ideas even though some people may disagree.

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
Ane, . . . please. . .
This particular well trodden path would ruin the game for me, and much more players, I'm positive. There are few who are set in your view, and I believe you should just stop trying to parody this terrible game.

Ensign
Apr 26, 2011
This is a super cool idea, the only thing I ask is: Would this event take place in Halloween? Like, how does the story plot begin with, how did these animatronics get here in the first place? If I were to think I would say:

Many moons ago, in a deserted island (or any setting place) these animatronics were taking over (some place)
Redwoods..

So, after you think of a setting the animatronics find Skull Island? Or....There isn't enough detail yet. Everything seemed like it was just....A big blob that just appeared in the worlds of the spiral. I don't mean to come off as rude or pushy of any sort, I just thought it didn't have enough detail to lead up to Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How. Who: Animatronics What: Taking Over Where: Spiral When: ???? Why: ???? How: ???? It's like a jigsaw puzzle. Fill in the blanks. So, I think we can come up with more detail! <3

~Abigail

Ensign
Apr 26, 2011
Okay, so I have been looking at these and I agree that animatronics shouldn't be put into the game. First of all, this isn't necessarily meant to be put into a kids game, but I would recommend doing a nice plot with the armada or something, but by all means I don't think the game should even be mentioning animatronics, I know some may say, "But it wont BE like it." But, people will still recognize it, and plus, some people including me are scared of that. Even if it is cute, I would still get nightmares. How about the armada built a new base and is plotting revenge? Or something along the Pirate101 storylines already. I don't think we should add new plots, when we have some great ones ahead of us.

~Abigail

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
sarahbrown05 on Jan 5, 2016 wrote:
Okay, so I have been looking at these and I agree that animatronics shouldn't be put into the game. First of all, this isn't necessarily meant to be put into a kids game, but I would recommend doing a nice plot with the armada or something, but by all means I don't think the game should even be mentioning animatronics, I know some may say, "But it wont BE like it." But, people will still recognize it, and plus, some people including me are scared of that. Even if it is cute, I would still get nightmares. How about the armada built a new base and is plotting revenge? Or something along the Pirate101 storylines already. I don't think we should add new plots, when we have some great ones ahead of us.

~Abigail
Why the sudden change in opinion? Just before you said it was a super cool idea and now you say otherwise. And I see this as being a Birth-o-ween event.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
dk4vision on Jan 5, 2016 wrote:
This particular well trodden path would ruin the game for me, and much more players, I'm positive. There are few who are set in your view, and I believe you should just stop trying to parody this terrible game.
That's a matter of opinion. This is an event, meaning it'll come for about a month or so and then be off for the rest of the year. The community is split directly in half on this and those against it are being too biased towards it.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
I don't see any point in quarreling either, with anyone. I didn't take offence from you and I hope you didn't from me. You have all the right to hold onto your opinion, I'm perfectly fine with that. Understand, though, it's not the difference in opinion that bothers me. After all the time thinking through how it could be incorporated in a relatively "friendly" manner to better suit the game, it just upsets me that some people can't at least reason with the idea. And by all means I'm not asking for this to be implemented right away; the main story update is and should be the top priority for the time being.
I hope I didn't cause you any offense. I think I let my view on FNaF pull wool over my eyes.

Now, something I'm worrying about is this: Will there be a way of telling people this is a nod or homage? A concern of mine is that people might think it's a rip-off rather than what you intend.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
FireMorgan13 on Jan 5, 2016 wrote:
I hope I didn't cause you any offense. I think I let my view on FNaF pull wool over my eyes.

Now, something I'm worrying about is this: Will there be a way of telling people this is a nod or homage? A concern of mine is that people might think it's a rip-off rather than what you intend.
Don't worry, you didn't offend. I sympathize that bias can steer us too far in a single direction. This legitimate concern is something I have no problem addressing. Let me try and break down the event first so we can understand it better.
First off, the basics: animatronics in a "super-tavern". This concept alone is nothing individual. Whether it's for an entertainment center like Chuck E. Cheese or a theme park like Disney World, the idea's been tossed around may times before so that's not an issue. The layout of the s-taverns won't mimic the layout in fnaf. Although it will include the basic amenities (main dining area, show stage, gaming area, etc.), it won't include the areas unique to fnaf (ex: Pirate's/Kid's Cove, Safe Room). The office might be included but it would be within a more inaccessible area, considering fnaf places it like a "center-point" at one end of the building.
The animatronics themselves definitely won't be the same. In fact, each s-tavern's animatronics will be based on the types of characters found in the world it's located in. Mary O'Nette, the manager (not a robot or villain), may be the only character that could link directly with fnaf, though I've described her appearance as different to that of Marionette.
The gameplay, as I've made crystal clear, is not like in fnaf. I picture it like that of the labyrinth, finding your way through the halls while avoiding unnecessary battles with minor enemies. Someone even suggested using the map to navigate through the halls (an interesting mechanic that could be worth trying out). Finally, the backstory: I've already explained it in previous posts.
As I've been typing I saw a list of at least 217 fan games directly inspired by fnaf and some really are well made. I would say this event would be more along the homage side of gaming.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Serpent10611 on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
Don't worry, you didn't offend. I sympathize that bias can steer us too far in a single direction. This legitimate concern is something I have no problem addressing. Let me try and break down the event first so we can understand it better.
First off, the basics: animatronics in a "super-tavern". This concept alone is nothing individual. Whether it's for an entertainment center like Chuck E. Cheese or a theme park like Disney World, the idea's been tossed around may times before so that's not an issue. The layout of the s-taverns won't mimic the layout in fnaf. Although it will include the basic amenities (main dining area, show stage, gaming area, etc.), it won't include the areas unique to fnaf (ex: Pirate's/Kid's Cove, Safe Room). The office might be included but it would be within a more inaccessible area, considering fnaf places it like a "center-point" at one end of the building.
The animatronics themselves definitely won't be the same. In fact, each s-tavern's animatronics will be based on the types of characters found in the world it's located in. Mary O'Nette, the manager (not a robot or villain), may be the only character that could link directly with fnaf, though I've described her appearance as different to that of Marionette.
The gameplay, as I've made crystal clear, is not like in fnaf. I picture it like that of the labyrinth, finding your way through the halls while avoiding unnecessary battles with minor enemies. Someone even suggested using the map to navigate through the halls (an interesting mechanic that could be worth trying out). Finally, the backstory: I've already explained it in previous posts.
As I've been typing I saw a list of at least 217 fan games directly inspired by fnaf and some really are well made. I would say this event would be more along the homage side of gaming.
I can see you've spent more time in creating this event than you did in your previous posts, good job. Ultimately the decision lies in the hands of KI as to whether this event is considered.
I think all of us ( pros and cons ) should now let it lie.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
I can see you've spent more time in creating this event than you did in your previous posts, good job. Ultimately the decision lies in the hands of KI as to whether this event is considered.
I think all of us ( pros and cons ) should now let it lie.
Thank you
So you know, I myself am not really into horror either, but you know by now that wasn't any reason for me wanting this. You could say I'm fnaf crazed, but it was really the mystery of the lore that got me hooked. I'm sure you've seen the wildfire that was sparked by it all over the place. Some say it sparked a new era in gaming; how successful games could work with easter eggs and the community theorizing about them. I felt that p101 could use a bit more of such mystery. You have to admit, the plot has been becoming a bit predictable; some one we work with betrays us or the person we expect to have a map piece doesn't. Even Bonnie says, "All right, show of hands, who saw that coming?", when Monkey King tricks us. To pay homage to fnaf could possibly be an experiment in how it might work in p101. Plus I think this would be the perfect thing for a Birth-o-ween event.
Yes, KI does have the last say in making it happen, but I'm sure they'll at least consider it.
As for whether this thread will let lie, may or may not happen . I do have another addition to this event that I'm sure the morphers will like: each "super-tavern" has a vender inside it that sells these balloon animal pets (red balloon ostrich, orange balloon jackalope, yellow balloon buffaloon, green balloon sky turtle, blue balloon sky dragon, and purple balloon spider). Their attacks have bursts of confetti .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Serpent10611 on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
Thank you
So you know, I myself am not really into horror either, but you know by now that wasn't any reason for me wanting this. You could say I'm fnaf crazed, but it was really the mystery of the lore that got me hooked. I'm sure you've seen the wildfire that was sparked by it all over the place. Some say it sparked a new era in gaming; how successful games could work with easter eggs and the community theorizing about them. I felt that p101 could use a bit more of such mystery. You have to admit, the plot has been becoming a bit predictable; some one we work with betrays us or the person we expect to have a map piece doesn't. Even Bonnie says, "All right, show of hands, who saw that coming?", when Monkey King tricks us. To pay homage to fnaf could possibly be an experiment in how it might work in p101. Plus I think this would be the perfect thing for a Birth-o-ween event.
Yes, KI does have the last say in making it happen, but I'm sure they'll at least consider it.
As for whether this thread will let lie, may or may not happen . I do have another addition to this event that I'm sure the morphers will like: each "super-tavern" has a vender inside it that sells these balloon animal pets (red balloon ostrich, orange balloon jackalope, yellow balloon buffaloon, green balloon sky turtle, blue balloon sky dragon, and purple balloon spider). Their attacks have bursts of confetti .
Now, I like the idea of those balloon animal pets, that touch of whimsy is just what's needed. I'm glad I found something in this event I liked
BTW Free Realms did have a balloon animal pet - a dog. But the pets in P101 are much better and more of a help than the pets were in that game.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
Now, I like the idea of those balloon animal pets, that touch of whimsy is just what's needed. I'm glad I found something in this event I liked
BTW Free Realms did have a balloon animal pet - a dog. But the pets in P101 are much better and more of a help than the pets were in that game.
I'm glad too.
I remember that balloon dog. That's part of where I got the idea, the other being Balloon Boy (don't worry, that so fittingly nicknamed animatronic is staying out of this event ). Ya, the pets in Free Realms were good for leveling up in a "Pet Trainer" job, digging up random chests in the wilderness, and companionship, but that's about it.
But ya, I'm glad I could appeal to the pet lovers of p101. I'm still open to suggestion as to what could appeal to others in this event.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
Serpent10611 on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
I'm glad too.
I remember that balloon dog. That's part of where I got the idea, the other being Balloon Boy (don't worry, that so fittingly nicknamed animatronic is staying out of this event ). Ya, the pets in Free Realms were good for leveling up in a "Pet Trainer" job, digging up random chests in the wilderness, and companionship, but that's about it.
But ya, I'm glad I could appeal to the pet lovers of p101. I'm still open to suggestion as to what could appeal to others in this event.
I KNOW! People should get one or more animatronics as companions, depending on class! (and you could, you know, also add mounts...BUT MOSTLY COMPANIONS!)

The Grin Reaper

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
The Grin Reaper on Jan 8, 2016 wrote:
I KNOW! People should get one or more animatronics as companions, depending on class! (and you could, you know, also add mounts...BUT MOSTLY COMPANIONS!)

The Grin Reaper
Well, I already said that we'd be getting Mary O'Nette as a companion after completing the event (who is, btw, not an animatronic like her counterpart) and every class receives her. It would be an interesting idea to have animatronic companions but most people may be turned away by it. It seems the p101 community us uneasy about the idea of having "artificial" companions. The only one we have right now is the nutcracker soldier and I suppose the best we could hope for are more variants of that. If animatronic companions were not gained directly and instead just became available in the crown shop after completing the event, then people might be more lenient with the idea.
You did spark something with mounts though, and I have an idea of what it could be: a gift box. This would be a large present box our pirate sits in, with the lid hanging on a hinge off the back edge. There'd be one wheel half buried underneath the box and a music box handle on the left side (the pirates left ). As we move forward or backward, the handle spins one way or the other and softly plays the "ring around the rosy" tune repeatedly until we're idle (turning in place would just be a light ding every second or so). Completely idle it would just be quiet and the handle still, but every so often, the handle cranks on its own for a few seconds with our pirate staring at it. Then a spring loaded seat would eject our pirate a short distance into the air, but we land safely back in the box. The lid closes on us but we pop back out a second later and the idle cycle continues. Another mount could be a bunch of balloons tied to our back with similar pirate animation to the clockwork wings.

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 1, 2016 wrote:
How does killing children and stuffing their bodies into animatronic suits not fit the definition of "sick"?
actually, There is a theory Made by game theory, that can explain every single anamatronic and thing. The theory is that FNAF is A CHILDS DREAM! WHATTT!