Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can we change pirate's name?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 29, 2013
I have a level 65 whose name I do not like and would like to change.
There's no way I will delete and remake her - so I was wondering if maybe something could be implemented like flag/colors or if I could change it some other way.

Thanks.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Ensign
Jun 09, 2012
Currently, you may not change your name. The only thing(s) you can change is your flag decal and your flags base & trim. Remember, updates are incoming, waiting a long time for the next chapter. Maybe, along with the next chapter you might be provided with the ability to change your name. For now, just keep in touch with the website and check for updates!

Fearful Michael Xavier, Lvl 65, Buccaneer

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
HelenaQ on Dec 21, 2015 wrote:
I have a level 65 whose name I do not like and would like to change.
There's no way I will delete and remake her - so I was wondering if maybe something could be implemented like flag/colors or if I could change it some other way.

Thanks.
I'd like to know your pirate's name that you dislike.

Ensign
Mar 29, 2013
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Dec 22, 2015 wrote:
I'd like to know your pirate's name that you dislike.
Sarai, mainly.

I also have a multitude of "____ Helena Quinn"
(Helena Quinn, Gruesome Helena Quinn, Perilous Helena Quinn, Bloody Helena Quinn) that I would like more variety with. I made them back when I thought continuity was cool.

I have 12 pirates. Those listed above along with "Anneke" "Iridian" "Fabienne Ainsley" "Sestiva" "Galen Quinn" and "Ariel" all 65.

I'll keep the conformity with the Helena's, but Sarai just kind of bugs me, years later after making her.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Tempting,however changing our pirate character might not be a good idea. That might confuse some old friends that we have not seen a long time, as a pirate 101 player. Like if throwing a new year's eve party, Moo Manchu Tower Marathon weekend, etc Suddenly Vanessa is Jessica, then our old friends would respond " What just happened ? "

Then again, if a pirate just changed his/her name multiple time in just a cretin amount of time, a friend would find this stunt annoying. He/She might say " Okay my friend, can you please stick to one name.I find this not just confusing,it's also annoying." That's a good way to lose a friend,if the annoyance has step over the line.

In other words choose your pirate name wisely, that name will be your online character(s) name(s) forever.I'm sorry.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Monkrinx2024 on Dec 23, 2015 wrote:
Tempting,however changing our pirate character might not be a good idea. That might confuse some old friends that we have not seen a long time, as a pirate 101 player. Like if throwing a new year's eve party, Moo Manchu Tower Marathon weekend, etc Suddenly Vanessa is Jessica, then our old friends would respond " What just happened ? "

Then again, if a pirate just changed his/her name multiple time in just a cretin amount of time, a friend would find this stunt annoying. He/She might say " Okay my friend, can you please stick to one name.I find this not just confusing,it's also annoying." That's a good way to lose a friend,if the annoyance has step over the line.

In other words choose your pirate name wisely, that name will be your online character(s) name(s) forever.I'm sorry.
It doesn't have to be like that. If you give players a chance to change their names Once then you shouldn't have much of a problem. They could also do would steam does (they allow you to change your name whenever you want) which is have a tab on the profile that says, this user has also played as...(listing their former names).

I too would like to change one of my pirates names as you'll see why:
Fearless Finnigan
Daring Diego
Gruesome Griffin
Lanky Liam
Husky Miguel Cranston

One of those doesn't fit with the rest.

Ensign
Mar 29, 2013
Monkrinx2024 on Dec 23, 2015 wrote:

Well, I would agree to that.... but I don't have friends on Pirates.

My friend's list is basically just one actual person's 12 pirates....
(but I'd friend anyone if they'd ask me to)

I wouldn't want to change my name multiple upon multiple times, just once so I can get away from the names that are annoying me.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
HelenaQ on Dec 22, 2015 wrote:
Sarai, mainly.

I also have a multitude of "____ Helena Quinn"
(Helena Quinn, Gruesome Helena Quinn, Perilous Helena Quinn, Bloody Helena Quinn) that I would like more variety with. I made them back when I thought continuity was cool.

I have 12 pirates. Those listed above along with "Anneke" "Iridian" "Fabienne Ainsley" "Sestiva" "Galen Quinn" and "Ariel" all 65.

I'll keep the conformity with the Helena's, but Sarai just kind of bugs me, years later after making her.
How do you have 12 Pirates!?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
furborn74 on Dec 25, 2015 wrote:
How do you have 12 Pirates!?
She has two accounts.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
anecorbie on Dec 26, 2015 wrote:
She has two accounts.
Oh thank you- silly mistake.

Ensign
Mar 29, 2013
Sorry I'm late to write this, but yes, I do have two accounts. (Sadly.)

Admiral
May 30, 2010
HelenaQ on Dec 28, 2015 wrote:
Sorry I'm late to write this, but yes, I do have two accounts. (Sadly.)
Don't feel bad. I have three accounts, as does Indigo Ring. And yeah, sometimes I wish I could change a pirate's name, but it's not a big deal if I can't.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
It is very unlikely KI will add this option in the near term. Below is the recent response to a Wizard requesting the same option.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/can-you-change-your-wizards-name-8ad6a41451bf97060151e5f4f31f55c5?page=1

Ensign
Mar 29, 2013
Oran from Urz on Dec 29, 2015 wrote:
It is very unlikely KI will add this option in the near term. Below is the recent response to a Wizard requesting the same option.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/can-you-change-your-wizards-name-8ad6a41451bf97060151e5f4f31f55c5?page=1
Funny, I posted my thread before them and they got a response before me.

On another note, I agree it's not that big of a deal, I was just wondering if it was acutely possible.

No worries on my part. Sarai, you're living with that name, girl.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HelenaQ on Dec 30, 2015 wrote:
Funny, I posted my thread before them and they got a response before me.

On another note, I agree it's not that big of a deal, I was just wondering if it was acutely possible.

No worries on my part. Sarai, you're living with that name, girl.
Would it help if you knew the meaning of the name "Sarai" ? It means : argumentative. So does Sarai like to argue with people, get her point across ( with or without a blade )?

Ensign
Mar 29, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
Would it help if you knew the meaning of the name "Sarai" ? It means : argumentative. So does Sarai like to argue with people, get her point across ( with or without a blade )?
Hmm. Well, she is a buccaneer. Her flag colors are kind of clashy. I can sort of see an argumentative nature of her.

I don't user her much, but I guess Sarai does fit her a bit.

Hmm...