Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

You're kidding....

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 16, 2015
Read the December Producer's letter for Wizards today, and guess what? They confirmed that they are ALREADY working on another new world for wizards. And of course, Pirate's producer letter got a Christmas poem. No hints as to them working hard on a new world. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. This has become so frustrating. I have been playing this game since the beta and I have been so patient, and we don't get anything for close to three years. This is really disappointing. Wizards gets all the attention and Pirates just gets left behind in the dust.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
"....we're charting the course for the new year, there are exciting things in store."
I believe our time is coming, just wait for a Falmea Friday. But I do agree it's very frustrating.....

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Yeah, but I see his/her point. We do seem to be being left in the dust again. Last promise of exciting stuff led us to yet more fluff. I don't mind a bit of whipped cream on my strawberry shortcake, but I'd love some strawberry shortcake with that whipped cream, you know? At the moment I feel like we're getting (promises of) lashings of whipped cream and no hint of berries, let alone the shortcake.

Ensign
Mar 16, 2015
anecorbie on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
"....we're charting the course for the new year, there are exciting things in store."
I believe our time is coming, just wait for a Falmea Friday. But I do agree it's very frustrating.....
They've given little hints like that for close to three years now and no world. How am I supposed to be convinced that there will be something this time?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Let's not forget, KI is still working on P101's next story update.

Remember, as Professor Falmea said in W101's recent Producer's Letter "Would you believe it if I told you we’re already working on the next world(A.K.A., "W101's next story update".)? It’s true, and we look forward to sharing more about it as the new year progresses!", & in Blind Mew's previous posts, "...we started serious work on Book 15 before Marleybone went live", "As soon as I finish writing quests for a book, I start outlining the next Book(or Books, in some cases, A.K.A., "the slice in P101's story updates".)... ...My job is a big cycle - pre-production into production into the next pre-production.".

To place it, once a major story update is made Live to either game that lets players continue with their adventures, KI immediately works on the next major story update to either game. KI's MMO Live Team are already working on W101's next story update while P101's next story update, while still in the works, has yet to go Live.

Just keep having faith & patience in KI. I know there hasn't been a shred of hints to P101's story updates, that we know, yet, we've got to keep being patient. They still know what they're doing.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
The wizard producer lettre does not confirm a new world for Wizard101. The sentence that alludes to new content says that wizards can expect a sleighfull of new content in 2016. So...big whoop, KI confirmed that wizards is getting new content sometime during the next year. Nothing in there about a new world, just content.

I don't need a producer's lettre to know that Wiz will get new content next year, and honestly, pirates will also get new content during the next year. It's nothing to panic over.

There are a lot of player who are building up evidence to support their hypothese, instead of build a hypothese to fit the evidence. In simpler terms, don't jump to doom and gloom based on a single purposely vague sentence.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
I think the OP's point is that "exciting things in store" does not equate to a new world. Especially, since they are so forth coming with the term "new world" in the Wizard101 producer letter.

Ensign
Dec 02, 2014
I know how you feel. Almost three years, and yet the only updates we got were fluff. Of course they're appreciated, but three years waiting on just a story update, kinda seems like it's a joke. Not only that, but Wizard's getting yet another world update? I get it's their first, and more successful game, but doesn't mean Kingsisle has to be completely biased about it. Pirate's need love too . But i'm sure we'll get something eventually.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
The Future of Pirate101 topic still brought us no information to whether we will get a new world in the nearest future only hints that we should stay patient.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
all good things come to those who wait.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
I think you guys are over reacting. It takes alot of time and effort to make a new world when you have to implement ports ans ships and all of that when over 10 times as many people play wizard101 so you can see why development for that game is a priority more than this game

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I didn't intend to be Pollyanna here, but there's nothing to do but trust KI. If they would only communicate better, instead I feel like El Toro in the Shadow Fortress:
"What is with you Ninjas? Say something!"
When there is something to tell, we'll get gobs of information.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
KI to both games- "We have exciting things in store!"

W101- New World.
P101- Something pleasing, but not as pleasing as a new world.

Can KI at least flip the switch on this one for once?

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Pirates are yet again left in the dust. KI didn't even assure us a world is even coming, as in the last newsletter, they said how they MIGHT continue the storyline. Might, as in we may not get anything at all.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
jack morgan933 on Dec 19, 2015 wrote:
all good things come to those who wait.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
Perhaps, but you may wait an eternity for wealth and happiness to rain from the skies, you will all the meanwhile die of lack of food and water. If this is a test, it's a darn good one.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Trimond297 on Dec 19, 2015 wrote:
Let's not forget, KI is still working on P101's next story update.

Remember, as Professor Falmea said in W101's recent Producer's Letter "Would you believe it if I told you we’re already working on the next world(A.K.A., "W101's next story update".)? It’s true, and we look forward to sharing more about it as the new year progresses!", & in Blind Mew's previous posts, "...we started serious work on Book 15 before Marleybone went live", "As soon as I finish writing quests for a book, I start outlining the next Book(or Books, in some cases, A.K.A., "the slice in P101's story updates".)... ...My job is a big cycle - pre-production into production into the next pre-production.".

To place it, once a major story update is made Live to either game that lets players continue with their adventures, KI immediately works on the next major story update to either game. KI's MMO Live Team are already working on W101's next story update while P101's next story update, while still in the works, has yet to go Live.

Just keep having faith & patience in KI. I know there hasn't been a shred of hints to P101's story updates, that we know, yet, we've got to keep being patient. They still know what they're doing.
And where's your proof KI is still working on P101?

Wizards have one, we dont.

Besides, I dont mean to disrespect him but, how old are Blind Mew's words? 2 years?

I dont think they're relevant anymore...

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
CdeWinter on Dec 19, 2015 wrote:
The wizard producer lettre does not confirm a new world for Wizard101. The sentence that alludes to new content says that wizards can expect a sleighfull of new content in 2016. So...big whoop, KI confirmed that wizards is getting new content sometime during the next year. Nothing in there about a new world, just content.

I don't need a producer's lettre to know that Wiz will get new content next year, and honestly, pirates will also get new content during the next year. It's nothing to panic over.

There are a lot of player who are building up evidence to support their hypothese, instead of build a hypothese to fit the evidence. In simpler terms, don't jump to doom and gloom based on a single purposely vague sentence.
It actually does confirm a new world for Wizard101. Below is taken directly from the December producer's letter.

"Would you believe it if I told you we’re already working on the next world? It’s true, and we look forward to sharing more about it as the new year progresses!"

Ensign
Mar 22, 2013
Keep in mind that pirate101's combat system is a lot more complicated than Wizard101's Silly lil card game!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
West9595 on Dec 20, 2015 wrote:
Keep in mind that pirate101's combat system is a lot more complicated than Wizard101's Silly lil card game!
Really?

Then, define how P101's combat system is more complicated than W101's combat system.

E.G, how does a battleboard gets created, what enemies should be placed, how large must the battleboard be in it's location, like, how many tiles in a battleboard?

Moreover, did anyone ask KI how complex P101's combat system is?

Well, If you ask me, it only took KI months to bring out P101's first story update, & I'm sure once it went Live, they were, & perhaps still, already working on P101's next story update. As with W101, once a story update to P101 is done & gone Live, their next story update gets immediately worked on.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Dec 20, 2015 wrote:
Pirates are yet again left in the dust. KI didn't even assure us a world is even coming, as in the last newsletter, they said how they MIGHT continue the storyline. Might, as in we may not get anything at all.
(sigh)... Why do people keep presuming W101 is more important than P101 these days?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Pirate101 fan on Dec 19, 2015 wrote:
I think you guys are over reacting. It takes alot of time and effort to make a new world when you have to implement ports ans ships and all of that when over 10 times as many people play wizard101 so you can see why development for that game is a priority more than this game
Don't think that just because KI formed their MMO Live Team doesn't mean development towards W101's updates are made a more major priority than P101's & still leave it in the dust, because it's not like what you are still thinking.

Remember, we still need to think rationally & reasonably, not throw caution to the wind and presume the worst. We'll see hints about P101's next story update soon.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
CdeWinter on Dec 19, 2015 wrote:

Thank you for your positive reinforcement! It makes people feel better. No joke.

Plus, with plenty of feedback about past content, while KI continues on the story updates, KI probably had some devs to spend that time to go back & smooth out some past content that had rough edges, so to speak, like how KI did with the Three Rats questlines in Skull Island & how they revamped chunks of Cool Ranch in more improvement updates.

That said, to everyone, we still need to have faith in KI, & not panic. Don't even give up the ship for KI!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Dec 20, 2015 wrote:
"Might" is such an ambiguous word in English; it could mean several things:
1. As you said, we MAY or may not get an update.
2. Strength
3. OR as in the method how - as in "HOW are we going to proceed with the story line?"
Which way do I think our Producer used the word "might"? I choose option three.

Ensign
Jun 06, 2009
just read all the above postings, I have been with KI since the first week of June 2009. Wasn't lucky to be picked for pirate beta but did take advantage of the early live start/membership bundle.
The biggest problem with waiting in Pirate is that there is nothing else to do! AT least in wizard I can garden and craft. I wont touch pvp for several reasons and I'm tired of pet hatching/training in both games.
I was very upset with the latest Pirate Producer letter, and the KI live is nothing more than wizard or mobile app games it seems.
Why was Pirate allowed to sit for what will be 3 years come May. At the end of its first year, Pirate was similar in memberships that Wiz had been. We had MB and AQ 'early', the game wasn't even live a year. Wiz had gotten GH 2009 . Wiz continued to have new worlds within a year or so. KI let us know things were moving along.
Problem with Pirate has been NO INFORMATION, just hints, etc. The 'fluff' as some call it the past year or so is not information.
KI why keep us hanging on ? There has to be some reason development is not happening. You have many fans of this game, including myself and friends, who have been supportive. I won't make excuses for you KI as some above have. There is NO reason for development of new worlds/chapters to have stopped, unless you KI have will it to be so. Polaris sure showed up for wiz, didn't it?
This 'no comment' is for politics, not clients of your games. By accepting the continued money spent by clients, you owe said clients a product, a product you have promised to continue developing and are not delivering.
I have many accounts between both games, no other companies produce a game like these. Even though I have played wizard longer, I actually prefer Pirate the most. But since Pirate is just sitting, I have been spending more time in wizard since I have more 'activities'.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
witefeather on Dec 21, 2015 wrote:
just read all the above postings, I have been with KI since the first week of June 2009. Wasn't lucky to be picked for pirate beta but did take advantage of the early live start/membership bundle.
The biggest problem with waiting in Pirate is that there is nothing else to do! AT least in wizard I can garden and craft. I wont touch pvp for several reasons and I'm tired of pet hatching/training in both games.
I was very upset with the latest Pirate Producer letter, and the KI live is nothing more than wizard or mobile app games it seems.
Why was Pirate allowed to sit for what will be 3 years come May. At the end of its first year, Pirate was similar in memberships that Wiz had been. We had MB and AQ 'early', the game wasn't even live a year. Wiz had gotten GH 2009 . Wiz continued to have new worlds within a year or so. KI let us know things were moving along.
Problem with Pirate has been NO INFORMATION, just hints, etc. The 'fluff' as some call it the past year or so is not information.
KI why keep us hanging on ? There has to be some reason development is not happening. You have many fans of this game, including myself and friends, who have been supportive. I won't make excuses for you KI as some above have. There is NO reason for development of new worlds/chapters to have stopped, unless you KI have will it to be so. Polaris sure showed up for wiz, didn't it?
This 'no comment' is for politics, not clients of your games. By accepting the continued money spent by clients, you owe said clients a product, a product you have promised to continue developing and are not delivering.
I have many accounts between both games, no other companies produce a game like these. Even though I have played wizard longer, I actually prefer Pirate the most. But since Pirate is just sitting, I have been spending more time in wizard since I have more 'activities'.
My only question is this. When Wizards start to wonder about a new world, KI gives them the scoop. When Pirates start asking, we start asking questions to a brick wall. No answer, not a thing. Its frustrating watching as Wizard gets this, that, and the other and we're here on the bleachers waiting for the game to end. We just sit cross legged, arms folded, blowing the hair out of our faces while patiently waiting for KI to give us something. But that patience is running out FAST. All we ask is a hint, some reassurance, anything that could keep us sitting here on the bleachers promising us something wonderful. But the bleachers are about to break, and the game for me personally is close to an end. If we don't receive something new by the end of 2016 I'm throwing in the towel.