Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

You're kidding....

AuthorMessage
Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Reading the above posts, I agree with them all. A wait this long is ridiculous. Pirate101 has been one of the greatest games I've ever played ever. When it came out when I was in sixth grade, it grew on me a lot. As a freshman now, it saddens and angers me to see my favorite game decrease in content and updates. If KI is there wondering why no one plays it like they did 2 years ago, it's because not enough is added to the game to keep players playing. those with 6 maxed characters, I feel you. Seriously, Wizard101 gets too much content, and Pirate101 gets too little. The MMO Live team was supposedly made to balance them out. All they've been doing is adding wayyy too many things on Wizard101, even up to the point I quit playing it. The difficulty of Zafaria is beyond hard.

In short: the wait HAS TO STOP. Almost 3 years now with absolutely no hint of a story is ridiculous. Blind Mew's post about Book 15 (and most of his posts for that matter now) is now irrelevant at this point. It was posted what, 1 or 2 years ago? Anyway, at the very least, I (and all you other pirates too) would like an explanation for why it's taking so long, and/or some strong assurance that Book 15 is indeed coming, and why the looooooong wait. I cannot find another PC game that's caught so much of my attention as this game has (Wizard101 just doesn't really cut it for me). So, I will wait a few months of 2016, but after that, I will not play (oh, I probably will, but not much) this game anymore until some storyline comes out. No more boring gauntlets that'll be impossible to solo and have a high chance of flakers coming in. No more small low level quests that'll take 10 minutes to do. I just want more story.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
As 2015 comes to a close, as a veteran player myself. It's well a boring year, no offense to new players and veteran players who took a long break. I have read some posts here,some are unfortunately are posts venting some steam regarding the lack of update. In some cases to other bloggers, thank you for your angry posts.

What concerns me now is what if this trend continues on 2016 ? I hope the tide changes, instead of minor updates. I hope for a major storyline update to keep pirates more interesting.

Wishlists for 2016 ( in my opinon )

1.Able to mount our gears to the wall,display our bottled ships/rafts in our deeds.

2.Book 15,Book 16 and maybe Book 17, for a storyline update.

3.Able to craft gears,ship, ship gears, housing items and deeds.

Until then happy 2016 ( in advance ).

Ensign
Jul 01, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 29, 2015 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards, Davious! I'm so sorry that your first post here is such a sad one, I'm not yet ready to "give up the ship", if P101 is dying, I believe KI would inform us, also they wouldn't be implementing Ranked PVP or Naval Gauntlet. Or doing improvements. I have been part of 2 MMO's that went "belly up", and those signs aren't here.
POR ( as my Mom likes to say ) "Press on Regardless"!
Sadly, I know of an MMO that died with less signs of decline than P101. That game was Free Realms. While there were fewer people who played than in its golden days, it was still far from dead. They were always updating and also had two new areas ready to open just before SOE decided to pull the plug. There were no warning signs, just an announcement in January that the game was going to close on March 31. Players pleaded on the boards. Many were in denial. Some even thought it was an April Fool's Day joke because they were shutting down one day before April 1. I was there on that last day, during the Sunset, standing near one of the Ambassadors. She was just standing there, not interacting with any of the players. We thought she was afk or ignoring us.. People were talking to her and she wasn't answering. Finally she said she was sorry, but she was crying so hard she couldn't type.

So yeah, KI hasn't announced that they are shutting P101 down, but that doesn't mean that's not a possibility. They most likely won't say anything until the final decision is made and then they will give us a date.

I am hoping against hope that this isn't what's going to happen. I hope they are just taking a while to reorganize from whatever is causing the delay in story line content release, but I sure wish they would give us more detailed info, so that the game doesn't lose more players. IMO, silence isn't the best policy. It makes people's minds go in a bad place. Thinking the worst, when that may not even be the case.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Black Pearl on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
Sadly, I know of an MMO that died with less signs of decline than P101. That game was Free Realms. While there were fewer people who played than in its golden days, it was still far from dead. They were always updating and also had two new areas ready to open just before SOE decided to pull the plug. There were no warning signs, just an announcement in January that the game was going to close on March 31. Players pleaded on the boards. Many were in denial. Some even thought it was an April Fool's Day joke because they were shutting down one day before April 1. I was there on that last day, during the Sunset, standing near one of the Ambassadors. She was just standing there, not interacting with any of the players. We thought she was afk or ignoring us.. People were talking to her and she wasn't answering. Finally she said she was sorry, but she was crying so hard she couldn't type.

So yeah, KI hasn't announced that they are shutting P101 down, but that doesn't mean that's not a possibility. They most likely won't say anything until the final decision is made and then they will give us a date.

I am hoping against hope that this isn't what's going to happen. I hope they are just taking a while to reorganize from whatever is causing the delay in story line content release, but I sure wish they would give us more detailed info, so that the game doesn't lose more players. IMO, silence isn't the best policy. It makes people's minds go in a bad place. Thinking the worst, when that may not even be the case.
Three months before the announcement of closing Free Realms all the Station Cash cards disappeared from the shelves of my local store that supplied them; I didn't understand why at that time, but now I know that is a sign to look for. I had a life time membership to that game and it was the best game investment I ever made - 3 and a half years of fun.
Another sign is when the company just gives things away that used to be "members only", this happened in Pixie Hollow ( Disney ) and there were many fans who begged the company to reconsider - I'm still suffering from that closing. I had many good friends that I lost touch with.
My hope is that the "exciting" things that our Producer has promised is going to come to P101 is the continuation of the story line; but remember, even if it's just "fluff", it will keep the game going that much longer.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 29, 2015 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards, Davious! I'm so sorry that your first post here is such a sad one, I'm not yet ready to "give up the ship", if P101 is dying, I believe KI would inform us, also they wouldn't be implementing Ranked PVP or Naval Gauntlet. Or doing improvements. I have been part of 2 MMO's that went "belly up", and those signs aren't here.
POR ( as my Mom likes to say ) "Press on Regardless"!
I'm going down with the ship if it goes down, but only because wizard and pirate101 have been in my life for a while and they mean much to me. I grew up around these games and I attribute much of what I have become to them. KI is lucky that they have so much loyalty among their fans. If a major player like Ubisoft or EA gave their fans the silent treatment, those companies would be dead in the water.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
TheHoodooQueen on Dec 21, 2015 wrote:
My only question is this. When Wizards start to wonder about a new world, KI gives them the scoop. When Pirates start asking, we start asking questions to a brick wall. No answer, not a thing. Its frustrating watching as Wizard gets this, that, and the other and we're here on the bleachers waiting for the game to end. We just sit cross legged, arms folded, blowing the hair out of our faces while patiently waiting for KI to give us something. But that patience is running out FAST. All we ask is a hint, some reassurance, anything that could keep us sitting here on the bleachers promising us something wonderful. But the bleachers are about to break, and the game for me personally is close to an end. If we don't receive something new by the end of 2016 I'm throwing in the towel.
Agreed completely all we pirates are asking for is some type of conformation to give us hope for a new world but we have not received that yet I hate to say it but 2016 may be my last year with pirates

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
Black Pearl on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:

I was there when free realms closed it was so sad and to think people spent money on that game made it even worse

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
FireMorgan13 on Dec 23, 2015 wrote:
(cont.) My point is, KI wants to try to slow down that spiral as long as they can. Why lose money faster right? So if the people of KI development team came out and said "We're facing issues and a story update will be postponed", some people will get impatient and pull their money out. The lack of communication leaves room for interpretation(if that makes any sense). While we'd like to think people are understanding, that's not always the case. The stuff that may be viewed as fluff, is likely just KI's way of trying to keep people by giving them something to do while they try and make the story work. This is the part that is immoral, but it works. If it didn't, we wouldn't be having this debate right now.

Unfortunately, as bad as it may seem, it is for the best that we keep paying. I myself am getting impatient, but I'm more paranoid than impatient. Until my impatience out-ways my paranoia, I'm staying.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

P.S.: We are approximately 2 years and 7 months(as of December 23, 2015) since the last world update(May 23, 2013) and it's been about 4 months and 19 days(as of December 23, 2015) since the last update (August 5 2015 I think. Records were hard to find).
Wise words, the ranked PvP does back up your point requiring either crowns or membership to play

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
So I see a group of people agreeing that wizard is KI's main game their best pupil, I personally see pirate101 as a more popular and better game with so much more that can happen, why not create a new face for KI

A new age of KI

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
So I see a group of people agreeing that wizard is KI's main game their best pupil, I personally see pirate101 as a more popular and better game with so much more that can happen, why not create a new face for KI

A new age of KI
Great idea, yet times grow darker, my friend. I read what anecorbie said about the cards disappearing from stores, and a lot of stores listed that where cards for the game usually are, none were there anymore. I'm believing it's not that we're giving up hope, but perhaps KI?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
chiefbuppydoodles on Jan 1, 2016 wrote:
Great idea, yet times grow darker, my friend. I read what anecorbie said about the cards disappearing from stores, and a lot of stores listed that where cards for the game usually are, none were there anymore. I'm believing it's not that we're giving up hope, but perhaps KI?
Yeah but me and my friend got member recently for 1 month giving them 25$

People may have renewed yearly memberships so maybe some cash flow

I really hope this game doesn't die

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
Three months before the announcement of closing Free Realms all the Station Cash cards disappeared from the shelves of my local store that supplied them; I didn't understand why at that time, but now I know that is a sign to look for. I had a life time membership to that game and it was the best game investment I ever made - 3 and a half years of fun.
Another sign is when the company just gives things away that used to be "members only", this happened in Pixie Hollow ( Disney ) and there were many fans who begged the company to reconsider - I'm still suffering from that closing. I had many good friends that I lost touch with.
My hope is that the "exciting" things that our Producer has promised is going to come to P101 is the continuation of the story line; but remember, even if it's just "fluff", it will keep the game going that much longer.
You know, from what I read before, that Disney game you mentioned wasn't the only one they closed down. I can remember two other ones, & they were far more favored than the previous Disney game you mentioned, maybe one that was greatly more favored than the other one. &, anecorbie, I'm very sorry your favorite games had to be closed down. I feel your pain.

While I truly know how it feels to lose a long-lasting game that remained for a long time, which is highly mourning to many, even those who were with these games for a very long time, even before launch. Many former players even begged them to bring these games back post-closure, & even still, no response, & yet, I somewhat heard that they had to make a financial decision to keep them going, & while I, & some others, don't kinda agree with that decision, in time, I had to learn & understand that they had to make tough choices to keep living as a long-lasting company, for in their vision, their previous long-standing business ventures that got many players thrilled for years wasn't gaining profit to them no longer.

They had other ventures that brought in more profit than before & moved on, & they can't juggle all ventures at once, lest they collapse.

You want to hear the whole story about that, take it with those who read it. It's got a little info about business ventures, profit, &... well, you'll know once you read it.

Nevertheless, we do get that the wait for P101 to continue on has been a bit struggling by far, & I know how it feels to struggle with balancing impatience with compassion, just remember, KI is still working on P101 with W101. Some of KI's devs have some problems that were bug reported sorted out in P101's next update, so its' still ongoing. It's true. To all others, don't think nothing's heading to P101 because KI's been too busy with other things on their plate.

P101 will continue on, & the story & our adventures in the Skyways will keep going. Count on it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
A game that's dying doesn't issue new cards. These new Pirate101 cards that are available at Circle K should be seen a excellent sign that our favorite game isn't going to go away soon.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
A game that's dying doesn't issue new cards. These new Pirate101 cards that are available at Circle K should be seen a excellent sign that our favorite game isn't going to go away soon.
Of course. I almost forgot about those. Well, it's good to know they're still churning out more new cards & P101 is still going strong. Maybe we may see new P101 bundles soon.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
We have to think blind mew hasn't created a thread for a while now idk the exact dates 2 years? So blind mew has had to be busy with story, now I know that in one of his threads he said something about finding early bugs on book 18! Also he has mentioned that the art department won't like book 18 too much this was in 2 seperate posts so the next story update has 4books for us! But with the clue of book 18 being fancy, what could it be?

I don't know about you but I think it's confirmed we are getting up to 18 books even though these words are 2 years old (I don't know exact date)

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
We have to think blind mew hasn't created a thread for a while now idk the exact dates 2 years? So blind mew has had to be busy with story, now I know that in one of his threads he said something about finding early bugs on book 18! Also he has mentioned that the art department won't like book 18 too much this was in 2 seperate posts so the next story update has 4books for us! But with the clue of book 18 being fancy, what could it be?

I don't know about you but I think it's confirmed we are getting up to 18 books even though these words are 2 years old (I don't know exact date)
4 Books in one major story update??? Now, THAT would be a significant milestone for such an update to P101.

I don't even read a post on Blind Mew mentioning Book 18, come to think of it. Is KI going to greater limits again? If so, I would be greatly astounded by their determination to bring more story into P101, maybe more than any major story update to W101. Don't know how W101 could do such an accomplishment to their major story updates, though.

Daruis, I don't know which post Mew said about that, though, I'm sure it's somewhere other than P101's forums. Perhaps he's posting in other P101 fan forums to keep players in the loop? Did I forget which post he mentioned Book 18 or something?

Though, I wouldn't rest my laurels on that just yet. Otherwise, it would take some more people to be with their MMO Live Team to do such an accomplishment on a higher scale.

Now, to the matter about his Story Thread, I think his recent story thread was made over a year ago. We've yet to see Story Thread 6, so, we shall see.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Jan 12, 2016 wrote:
4 Books in one major story update??? Now, THAT would be a significant milestone for such an update to P101.

I don't even read a post on Blind Mew mentioning Book 18, come to think of it. Is KI going to greater limits again? If so, I would be greatly astounded by their determination to bring more story into P101, maybe more than any major story update to W101. Don't know how W101 could do such an accomplishment to their major story updates, though.

Daruis, I don't know which post Mew said about that, though, I'm sure it's somewhere other than P101's forums. Perhaps he's posting in other P101 fan forums to keep players in the loop? Did I forget which post he mentioned Book 18 or something?

Though, I wouldn't rest my laurels on that just yet. Otherwise, it would take some more people to be with their MMO Live Team to do such an accomplishment on a higher scale.

Now, to the matter about his Story Thread, I think his recent story thread was made over a year ago. We've yet to see Story Thread 6, so, we shall see.
One post I saw which I think was in his second story thread hints to book 18 talking about bug fixes for this book and another more promising post which I think was in story thread 3 says that the art department won't be happy doing book 18

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 12, 2016 wrote:
One post I saw which I think was in his second story thread hints to book 18 talking about bug fixes for this book and another more promising post which I think was in story thread 3 says that the art department won't be happy doing book 18
Oh. Well, we'll have to see how that turns out.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Trimond297 on Jan 12, 2016 wrote:

He mentioned Book 18 a couple times. Quotes and links are provided below:

"Most Books will only cover one world, for budgetary reasons. Book 18, though, that's gonna be a doozy..."

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/free_game/8ad6a414417845c4014183cffce43a18/8ad6a41b417845c80141987258c97b10#8ad6a41b417845c80141987258c97b10

"I cannot speak to schedules - those announcements will be forthcoming. The current plan (subject to change as needs arise and conditions develop) is to have the El Dorado storyline extend through Book 20 - but this is not graven in stone."

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/free_game/8ad6a4183c1e99fd013c44bffb7667da/8ad6a41c3c8aba6a013c91860a205a52#8ad6a41c3c8aba6a013c91860a205a52

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Oran from Urz on Jan 14, 2016 wrote:

"Most Books will only cover one world, for budgetary reasons. Book 18, though, that's gonna be a doozy..."

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/free_game/8ad6a414417845c4014183cffce43a18/8ad6a41b417845c80141987258c97b10#8ad6a41b417845c80141987258c97b10

"I cannot speak to schedules - those announcements will be forthcoming. The current plan (subject to change as needs arise and conditions develop) is to have the El Dorado storyline extend through Book 20 - but this is not graven in stone."

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/free_game/8ad6a4183c1e99fd013c44bffb7667da/8ad6a41c3c8aba6a013c91860a205a52#8ad6a41c3c8aba6a013c91860a205a52
The ones I mention above come with even more example that we are getting 4 whole books next storyline update, well at least I suspect that is

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Oran from Urz on Jan 14, 2016 wrote:

Oh. I almost forgot.

Well, I think I'm getting this feeling that some Books covers new worlds, while others cover new fragments in a previous world, like new Skyways & lands & such. From my experiences, I have understood that P101's way of world travelling is not like the same way in W101. I understood that the Spiral isn't all about magic, duels, creatures, creature creations & creature summons & so on. Even more, the Wizards aren't the only ones who have to face dangerous evil forces that try to destroy the Spiral themselves. Certain events in W101 have impacts that leads to P101's certain events, & they all have differed impacts & results to the whole Spiral.

I already know we're due back to Valencia in Book 15, which has been very anticipating for a long time, yet still, I think there are the rest of Marco Pollo's Pieces to be discovered, & the two Pieces to take back from the Armada.

If P101's first major story arc goes beyond Book 20, I would be surprised if we see more adventures to stop the Armada from reaching El Dorado. However, at some point, we may see new hints to a later new antagonist in it's second arc, so, we may see more new formidable enemies even more worse than the Armada soon enough. I don't think our piratical adventures may end at El Dorado, & they won't have to. There's always a lot more adventures us Pirates have to embark.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Jan 17, 2016 wrote:
Oh. I almost forgot.

Well, I think I'm getting this feeling that some Books covers new worlds, while others cover new fragments in a previous world, like new Skyways & lands & such. From my experiences, I have understood that P101's way of world travelling is not like the same way in W101. I understood that the Spiral isn't all about magic, duels, creatures, creature creations & creature summons & so on. Even more, the Wizards aren't the only ones who have to face dangerous evil forces that try to destroy the Spiral themselves. Certain events in W101 have impacts that leads to P101's certain events, & they all have differed impacts & results to the whole Spiral.

I already know we're due back to Valencia in Book 15, which has been very anticipating for a long time, yet still, I think there are the rest of Marco Pollo's Pieces to be discovered, & the two Pieces to take back from the Armada.

If P101's first major story arc goes beyond Book 20, I would be surprised if we see more adventures to stop the Armada from reaching El Dorado. However, at some point, we may see new hints to a later new antagonist in it's second arc, so, we may see more new formidable enemies even more worse than the Armada soon enough. I don't think our piratical adventures may end at El Dorado, & they won't have to. There's always a lot more adventures us Pirates have to embark.
Blind mew has stated that the el dorado arc will end in book 20 so we are left to wait for book 19 and 20 when the next storyline update comes along, I can only assume it's focused on el dorado

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 19, 2016 wrote:
Blind mew has stated that the el dorado arc will end in book 20 so we are left to wait for book 19 and 20 when the next storyline update comes along, I can only assume it's focused on el dorado
Well, I don't mind if it ends at Book 20, which I already know it is going to be. I thought the arc would be slightly extended by another Book or so. Otherwise, I understand if it ends at Book 20.

So, my guess is that KI's trying to get so many Books in one storyline update, from your perspective, & I had thoughts that the devs have been busy bringing many Books together in one update, & it may explain why some devs, like Blind Mew, have been long absent on the forums. I'm thinking KI's trying to go for a higher scale than 2 Books in one story update this time. If so, I would be amazed by their determination to push their limits more.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Jan 19, 2016 wrote:
Well, I don't mind if it ends at Book 20, which I already know it is going to be. I thought the arc would be slightly extended by another Book or so. Otherwise, I understand if it ends at Book 20.

So, my guess is that KI's trying to get so many Books in one storyline update, from your perspective, & I had thoughts that the devs have been busy bringing many Books together in one update, & it may explain why some devs, like Blind Mew, have been long absent on the forums. I'm thinking KI's trying to go for a higher scale than 2 Books in one story update this time. If so, I would be amazed by their determination to push their limits more.
I only suspect it will end at book 20 they really trying to get 4 books for next update, I suspect they would want to keep us busy until the last 2 books containing el dorado arrive too which will be a lot of work it may explain absence but lack of communication I find frustrating it takes under 5 minutes to confirm suspicions like this or give a different explanation

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 20, 2016 wrote:
I only suspect it will end at book 20 they really trying to get 4 books for next update, I suspect they would want to keep us busy until the last 2 books containing el dorado arrive too which will be a lot of work it may explain absence but lack of communication I find frustrating it takes under 5 minutes to confirm suspicions like this or give a different explanation
Agreed, personally I think that all we need is some form of conformation that they are even working on the game at this point and you are right it only takes 5 minutes or less to confirm something.