Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can't redeem items.

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
So I'm trying to redeem the Banded Iguana pet and it won't let me because apparently my backback is full, yet I have sold just about everything I have. :/

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

If you are having trouble redeeming an item from your gift window, try logging out to the character screen, switching characters and then switch back again. This may help you be able to redeem them.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Bonnie Anne on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

If you are having trouble redeeming an item from your gift window, try logging out to the character screen, switching characters and then switch back again. This may help you be able to redeem them.
The problem was my furniture section was too full. But now it says that it is unable to redeem the items.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
TheHoodooQueen on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
The problem was my furniture section was too full. But now it says that it is unable to redeem the items.
After 18 days of unredeemable items, today it decided to redeem. No more need for discussion!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
First check the number of items in your Backpack. If you are a member, I believe you can have 120 items otherwise you are limited to 80 items. If your Backpack has the maximum number of items or if, after redeeming the gift, you will have over the maximum number of items (like a Beast Pack which has 7 items), you won't be able to redeem the gift. Another way you could have this problem is if you were a member and dropped your membership. This can be checked within the game by pressing 'b' (not the game selection screen). The right hand side of the Backpack Window will show the number of items in your Backpack and the maximum number of items your Backpack can hold.

The "Unable to Redeem Gift" error can also occur if you have been playing for a while and try to redeem a gift. The way around this problem is to logout of the game. When you log back in and choose the character you want to get the gift and press play, redeem the gift immediately. DO NOT do anything else including move your character. There is a known problem where, if you start playing the game, you will be unable to redeem any gifts even if you have room in your Backpack.

Another way that may work, is to go to the Character Selection Screen, choose a character that you don't want to redeem the gift on, press play, go back to the Character Selection Screen, choose the character that you do want to redeem the gift, press play, and immediately redeem the gift.

With all the 7-Day Rental Mounts (and other free items) being given away, it is quite easy to reach the maximum number of items in your Backpack.

Remember the Backpack holds Character Equipment, Ship Equipment, Pets, Mounts, Treasure, and Housing Items.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.