Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

the fog

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 18, 2011
The fog gives a totally unrealistic advantage to the player and should just be banned.

The idea of pvp is that everyone should have equal access to all spells ect. But with fog and other spells this is just not the case.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
if you want it to be even
the no one should have spells / bombs / buffs / etc.

you get a sword / i get a sword and that is all

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
vze2j2fk on Nov 29, 2015 wrote:
The fog gives a totally unrealistic advantage to the player and should just be banned.

The idea of pvp is that everyone should have equal access to all spells ect. But with fog and other spells this is just not the case.
This complaint is not new, there are ways to counter fog. Try using the passive talents to remove a fog early.
You don't say what your class is, but I know that all classes have actions that aren't accessible to other classes.
The idea of PVP isn't an equal access to powers, but to use those powers that you have ( from training, gear or pet grant ) to the best of your advantage.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Lets not start this again. Black fog is fair. I am a Witchdoctor and I'm saying this. Could it just be that you don't know how to counter it?

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
We've been over this so many times, it's not getting banned.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014

And then what would happen without fog? Swashbucklers RELY on fog, just like you rely on your powers to win. Without Fog, swashbucklers would be compared to level 30 versions of other classes, we rely on fog so we can win, there are many people who have many strategies to counter fog, why don't you go check it out rather than requesting to ban our one and only power that makes us decent.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013

Should of had a V8 "bonk on head.*

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
I think the fog powers are totally fair because of these 4 reasons-

-Swashbucklers have low health so when enemies attack, they are very weak

-Buccaneers have the Kraken's Lament power which (I think) blocks 50% of incoming attack damage, so the fog wouldn't really change the attack damage THAT much. And usually a lot of Buccaneers have lots of health so they won't die that quick

-Privateers, well, they obviously have all those defensive powers, so, like Buccaneers, it will result in less attack damage evidently. Also, Privateers have lots and lots and LOTS of health, so I'm pretty sure that they won't die that soon

-Musketeers, for one thing, have a crazy wicked amount of traps that they can just plop right on to the incoming Swashbucklers (hidden or not!). And there's also the fact that they get health training from their trainer, so, like the Privateers and Buccaneers, they will be harder to defeat

-I'm sorry Witchdoctors (even though I'm one myself), but there's nothing I can really say for you, but you can still argue you have cool spells *wink* *wink*

Happy Holidays from,
Charming Morgan Freeman- level 65 Witchdoctor
Adam- level 63 Swashbuckler
Edward Teach- level 25 Buccaneer
Tall Orlando- level 21 Musketeer
Sneaky Wolf Dodger- level 6 Swashbuckler
And a level 3 Privateer, I just don't know the name

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
furborn74 on Dec 6, 2015 wrote:
I think the fog powers are totally fair because of these 4 reasons-

-Swashbucklers have low health so when enemies attack, they are very weak

-Buccaneers have the Kraken's Lament power which (I think) blocks 50% of incoming attack damage, so the fog wouldn't really change the attack damage THAT much. And usually a lot of Buccaneers have lots of health so they won't die that quick

-Privateers, well, they obviously have all those defensive powers, so, like Buccaneers, it will result in less attack damage evidently. Also, Privateers have lots and lots and LOTS of health, so I'm pretty sure that they won't die that soon

-Musketeers, for one thing, have a crazy wicked amount of traps that they can just plop right on to the incoming Swashbucklers (hidden or not!). And there's also the fact that they get health training from their trainer, so, like the Privateers and Buccaneers, they will be harder to defeat

-I'm sorry Witchdoctors (even though I'm one myself), but there's nothing I can really say for you, but you can still argue you have cool spells *wink* *wink*

Happy Holidays from,
Charming Morgan Freeman- level 65 Witchdoctor
Adam- level 63 Swashbuckler
Edward Teach- level 25 Buccaneer
Tall Orlando- level 21 Musketeer
Sneaky Wolf Dodger- level 6 Swashbuckler
And a level 3 Privateer, I just don't know the name
Swashbucklers take less damage from traps than other classes

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014

No.
Fog isn't getting banned.
There are 100000000000000000000000000000 topics about fog
its not getting banned
get over it; every other class has a power that defines them as Overpowered

Witchdoctor has all those summons and mournsong
Bucklers have fog
Buccaneers have all the vicious and shields
Privys have a bunch of bombs and forts
Muskets have KB bombs

stop hating on fog.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Unfair Angel on Dec 7, 2015 wrote:
No.
Fog isn't getting banned.
There are 100000000000000000000000000000 topics about fog
its not getting banned
get over it; every other class has a power that defines them as Overpowered

Witchdoctor has all those summons and mournsong
Bucklers have fog
Buccaneers have all the vicious and shields
Privys have a bunch of bombs and forts
Muskets have KB bombs

stop hating on fog.
Was this reply really necessary? You already gave him several reasons why "fog" isn't OP or going to be banned.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
anecorbie on Dec 8, 2015 wrote:
Was this reply really necessary? You already gave him several reasons why "fog" isn't OP or going to be banned.
I had to make it clear and couldn't edit my first post therefore I made another post;

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2015
Some day we'll have to accept it. Find a way to counter it (for example first strike 3) or something like that. KI will most likely NOT change it. Same with Old Scratch's ''Mojo Flow''. There's just not really a good way to counter ''Mojo Flow''.. Just find some tactics, that can make you good.

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2013
imagician26 on Dec 9, 2015 wrote:
Some day we'll have to accept it. Find a way to counter it (for example first strike 3) or something like that. KI will most likely NOT change it. Same with Old Scratch's ''Mojo Flow''. There's just not really a good way to counter ''Mojo Flow''.. Just find some tactics, that can make you good.
Just deal with it? Scratch is suboptimal in combat, and that power really only affects the pirate and Scratch for 2 rounds unless you've brought more witchdoctors.

Also, First Strike 3 is really only an effective counter if you're a Swashbuckler. Player's can't get it without serious sacrifices in damage, and the Swashbuckler will simply kill things that doesn't have FS3.