Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - 11-20-15

AuthorMessage
Hello, my Pirate friends!

The chill of fall is permeating the Spiral – while I certainly prefer Summer for obvious reasons (it’s when my magic is most powerful), I do certainly love the holidays, both that have already passed – birthdays, Halloween – and those to come before the end of the year. While it may be getting colder outside, I find a lot of warmth in celebrating during these special times of the season.

We’re working on some things behind the scenes here that I’d probably get told to walk the plank if I peeped about, but let’s talk about what else is going on in these lands of the Spiral, shall we?

Of course, we’re smack dab in the middle of the fall PVP season. If you’ve not had your chance to get in and earn your fall champion weapons, check out the new pets, or earn your new badge, what are you waiting for? Time is running out – the season will end soon. But… then you’ll have all new rewards to chase after, so you have that to look forward to as well!

We thought that presents should give you something besides confetti. Now, confetti is GREAT and all, but so is loot. So, there was loot! Then, there was a birthday PVP party. What good party doesn’t involve a brawl, right? Congrats to Slick Mary Renner for the 60k crown win! Between that and the pretty sweet birthday items like the Karma Chameleon we kicked off fall right. This month, we’ve added the Forest Tiger mount to the Crown Shop, and gave everyone a Commemorative Poppy Case. Thanks to all the brave folks out there who have served their countries!

There are some exciting things we’re just waiting on the right time to unveil, and the waiting is the hardest part. I think, to kill some time, I’ll go sail somewhere and check out something new. I hear Cool Ranch is lovely (and maybe a little warmer than my current location) this time of year? I’m looking forward to meeting some new folks, and hearing their stories. It’s the best way to experience a new place, yeah?

I know there are many seasoned sailors of the sky over here, I would like to ask you this – if you could (politely… or not so politely) ask ANYONE in the Spiral for more of their story, who would you ask? In my opinion, I think I’d like to ask the Frogfather about his childhood, but I have a feeling those lips are sealed (unless there are tasty snacks around).

It’s time for me to weigh anchor, but I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Until next time!

Community Leader
Probably Catbeard or One Eyed Jack!

PS: Nice avatar! Love it.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
I'd ask Old Scratch about his life (his actual life when he was still alive): in general what his childhood was like, how he came across Papa Legbones and why he chose to apprentice himself to him.

Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
Professor Falmea on Nov 20, 2015 wrote:

The chill of fall is permeating the Spiral – while I certainly prefer Summer for obvious reasons (it’s when my magic is most powerful), I do certainly love the holidays, both that have already passed – birthdays, Halloween – and those to come before the end of the year. While it may be getting colder outside, I find a lot of warmth in celebrating during these special times of the season.

We’re working on some things behind the scenes here that I’d probably get told to walk the plank if I peeped about, but let’s talk about what else is going on in these lands of the Spiral, shall we?

Of course, we’re smack dab in the middle of the fall PVP season. If you’ve not had your chance to get in and earn your fall champion weapons, check out the new pets, or earn your new badge, what are you waiting for? Time is running out – the season will end soon. But… then you’ll have all new rewards to chase after, so you have that to look forward to as well!

We thought that presents should give you something besides confetti. Now, confetti is GREAT and all, but so is loot. So, there was loot! Then, there was a birthday PVP party. What good party doesn’t involve a brawl, right? Congrats to Slick Mary Renner for the 60k crown win! Between that and the pretty sweet birthday items like the Karma Chameleon we kicked off fall right. This month, we’ve added the Forest Tiger mount to the Crown Shop, and gave everyone a Commemorative Poppy Case. Thanks to all the brave folks out there who have served their countries!

There are some exciting things we’re just waiting on the right time to unveil, and the waiting is the hardest part. I think, to kill some time, I’ll go sail somewhere and check out something new. I hear Cool Ranch is lovely (and maybe a little warmer than my current location) this time of year? I’m looking forward to meeting some new folks, and hearing their stories. It’s the best way to experience a new place, yeah?

I know there are many seasoned sailors of the sky over here, I would like to ask you this – if you could (politely… or not so politely) ask ANYONE in the Spiral for more of their story, who would you ask? In my opinion, I think I’d like to ask the Frogfather about his childhood, but I have a feeling those lips are sealed (unless there are tasty snacks around).

It’s time for me to weigh anchor, but I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Until next time!
Lucious Fox, or Meowiarty!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Nov 20, 2015 wrote:

Well, Professor Falmea, I would likely to say this to your question with these answers... if you happen to come across Captain Barnabus Blood, better prepare for your encounters with him there. You may be a Pyromancer teacher, but you may need to defend yourself against him. He's done plenty of evil deeds in Cool Ranch's lands in his past, & no doubt you'll likely find a more formidable foe than him. Though, I would say there should be a bit more of his story about his actions told through a certain note he left for a certain Map Piece bearer before he lent his piece to his own son in a show we can enjoy watching again & again.

Preferably, if you happen to visit Fort McMurtry, I think their stories about their situation with his ghost ship fleet may need to be a bit more exciting & engaging, if you catch my drift, & have a certain story about a particular jailbreak the fort's had that involves three prisoners that have escaped, one of which we have clashed against before in Junction's Lower Arroyo Grande, & another that has us rescuing a certain corporal that we helped with his injuries from his encounter with one of Cool Ranch's Red Sash Gang, changed into a series of side stories to branch out from the major story they have in the Fort on it's own & have a new major story that suits more to the Fort's attack from Blood's undead armies in place & improves the flow on it.

Speaking of which, the Red Sash Gang, led by Johnny Ringo, should have a far more detailed backstory through a good show that we all should enjoy & should be told by that certain son of a Map Piece bearer. Their story needs a good looking to & needs a lot more lore in them.

The more detailed stories, the better.

Other than that, looking forward to what's on it's way to P101, & have a jolly good time in visiting Cool Ranch! Perhaps you may gain some inspiration of new spells based on Cool Ranch for the Wizards to enjoy.

PS, your profile pic is neat! Do W101 characters have their own P101 pics, too?

Community Leader
I'd like to know more about Captain Avery or Madame Vadima. I don't know if I could only think one question to ask them. I think it would be awesome to know more about them by a quest or something like that. Btw, Happy Early Thanksgiving!

Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
Would be nice to hear more about implied connection or interaction between the Celestians and whomever inhabited El Dorado. I'd love to hear more about how Stormgates and the very fabric of the Spiral works. In terms of specific characters how about some more story about the Toymaker before they became the Toymaker? Or better yet MORE backstory on all of Marco's Crew would be nice.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Rooster Cogburn is sure to have a fascinating story, before he became Sheriff of Cooper's Roost.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Waiting, waiting, waiting........where's the infinity symbol on this keyboard?
Now, Professor Falmea, I place my sword and crew at your service, be very sure that NO ONE will toss you overboard in my presence - so can't you please say a bit more?

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
I would like to know more about Gortez, Napolequin (don't think I spelled that right), or the leader of the Scurvy Dogs. It would also be interesting to get more of a background of the unicorn we first meet in Valencia. What mistakes were made when he led the first uprising so we don't repeat them for our upcoming battle.

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
Bonnie Anne or Subodai. I really would like to know more information about their past.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
1. The mysterious G- Why did you build the clockworks with an AI?
2. Presidio companions- What do you know of our parents?
3. Blind Mew- How do you move from place to place if you're blind?

4. Meowiarty- What did you do before becoming a criminal?
5. General Tso- Why do you hold a chicken so dearly?
6. Mordekai- Where did you get your blade?
7. Captain Avery- Why don't you set up colonies in Marleybone?
8. Ol' Fish Eye- Where did you get your monocles?

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Hi I think i would like to hear more about Bonnie Anne's trip to skull island there is so much mystery there

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:
Now, Professor Falmea, I place my sword and crew at your service, be very sure that NO ONE will toss you overboard in my presence - so can't you please say a bit more?
I have to add to Anecorbie's post, that if you happen to let some little bit of information slip...not only do you have the backing of Miss Anecorbie's crew, but more than likely the support of the entire Message Board Marauders. If you haven't met us prowling the Skyways yet, I can say we are a rather formidable flotilla.

As for more background story, I'd still like to hear Crimson Jake's thoughts on being evicted from his home in Blood Shoals during the Skull Island expansion update.

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
I want to get more details on exactly what Three Scars did to anger all those spirits. More specifically, in what order did he do them wrong? Considering his hostile nature though, I think I would want Raven Eyes to be the one who does the explaining.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Aaron FireEyes on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:
1. The mysterious G- Why did you build the clockworks with an AI?
2. Presidio companions- What do you know of our parents?
3. Blind Mew- How do you move from place to place if you're blind?

4. Meowiarty- What did you do before becoming a criminal?
5. General Tso- Why do you hold a chicken so dearly?
6. Mordekai- Where did you get your blade?
7. Captain Avery- Why don't you set up colonies in Marleybone?
8. Ol' Fish Eye- Where did you get your monocles?
Blind doesn't equal helpless, notice he has a staff ( and acute hearing ) He listens & feels his way through the world.
Otherwise, very good questions. I just had to point out about handi-capable people.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:
Maybe it's this thing I'm just throwing it out there as an infinity symbol I can't knock this 8 on its side.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I'd like to know about us and our background.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Of course, Professor Falmea, if you happen to meet some people in other worlds in the Pirate side of the Spiral, like Skull Island & the Westminster Skyway in Marleybone, some of their stories, that are currently very short & not exciting, may need to be a bit more exciting, engaging & thriving. I've been through some & believe me, they may need more excitement & immersion to the ongoing main storyline, while some may need to be changed to branch out & stand out as their own separate side stories.

Though, I wouldn't mind if we see a Clockwork Armada excavation team in Xol Akmul to have the main story quests in Xol Akmul a bit more exciting & engaging, because knowing them, they are scavenging as many ancient artifacts to use for their Grand Design, unaware that their excavations are worsening the Aztecosaurs' problems in their city. & if we do see them there, we would have to stop their excavations before they worsen their problems that began with the dark shadows that struck there once the Aztecosaurs went there to seek shelter before Xibalba hits Azteca. Plus, I didn't really get to see more of Xol Akmul, anyway. Hope you can take your time to visit there & hear their stories.

Good traveling, Professor Falmea!

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
I would have posted thos on an earlier thread when we were doing more of that welcoming Falmea to the pirate side of the message boards, but they're all locked. Anyway, I sugest that you fing an NPC in pirate to be your profile over here. Is Chantel Livingstone taken?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
average moe on Nov 27, 2015 wrote:
I would have posted thos on an earlier thread when we were doing more of that welcoming Falmea to the pirate side of the message boards, but they're all locked. Anyway, I sugest that you fing an NPC in pirate to be your profile over here. Is Chantel Livingstone taken?
She chose her own profile name, so she still is Professor Falmea, the one & the same, & I really like her own custom-made profile pic for P101.

Though, I don't think anyone at KI used Chantal Livingstone as one of their profiles. Maybe someone at KI might, & it would be nice if Chantal appeared on the message boards. She would be nice to talk to.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Quick question, Professor Falmea, how often do you do your Falmea Friday posts on a regular basis? Just thought I should ask you this.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Good day, Professor Falmea (or perhaps, Captain Falmea). Thinking upon your question, I must admit that there are many interesting folk of the Spiral whom we have encountered, and would be interested in hearing more of their back stories! It is hard to pick just one person... so I will choose just a few!

-- Blind Mew: was Mew always blind? Or did accident or adventure leave him so? Did he grow up in Skull Island or an island of its skyway... or somewhere else?

-- Captain Steed: what was it like living in Valencia before the Armada? How did the Resistance rise, how did Steed organize and fight against the Armada... and what was the final blow that left him broken in spirit and in defeat? (but still left alive)

-- Yagi Sonoda: is she a holy hermit or the leader of a monastery? If the latter, does she lead a group of female monks? (which would be nice!) What is the role she and her monastery plays in the community (particularly surrounded by bandits as it is!) and how did she come to lead there?

-- Orpheus: where is Euridice? Is there a Euridice? Has he not fallen in love with her yet, or has tragedy not taken her life and they are happily married?

Well, that is a rather random selection, isn't it? And finally, what about learning more about our birth parents, and their adventures? I know our pirates would be thirsty for any drops of such information... and maybe we will find those out!

Ensign
Aug 21, 2010
I am very curious on how Wyatt Chirp died so I would have to go with questioning one the remaining Magnificent 7.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Captain Nakita on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
I am very curious on how Wyatt Chirp died so I would have to go with questioning one the remaining Magnificent 7.
Hi There is actually a quest that kinda answers that question its called peacemaker if I remember right have a merry Christmas