Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Cool ranch character portrait errors

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy!

Through Cool Ranch, I've come across a few NPCs that have their portrait images left ignored, that is to say some blockade NPCs, who said, "Sorry, but you can't come this way. Turn back.", to Pirates that have yet to complete certain quests that gets past the blockades in some of it's Skyways, like Tumbleweed, E.G..

There's also one blockade NPC in Skull Island that has their portrait unpolished in Flotsam Skyway before obtaining the Blue Windstone from Marco Pollo's Tomb in Valencia & says the same line from others.

The blockade NPCs' portraits are obviously previous portraits that are from Pirate101's very earlier days, from at the time before beta & perhaps alpha began. I quickly realized it after remembering the online videos about Pirate101's earlier combat system days, & I guess that some outdated portraits that were from it's earlier days were left behind after it's launch. If anyone else noticed some other blockade NPCs that have the same portraits, report here, & KI will replace them with new updated portraits to the blockade NPCs.

During the side quest, "The Show Must Go On!", I spotted Whisper Moon's portrait, & it looks like a previously outdated portrait of a buffalo NPC or something while saying, "Buffalo Bill's Wild Frontier Show? I know the show. I can juggle big tomahawks. My tribe will be proud if I join the show!". Change that to reflect his current portrait, seen in another side quest, "The Wind's Whisper". Extra suggestion, his voiceover in that line needs updating from the same voice actor that did "The Wind's Whisper".

Hope you can tend to them soon. Thanks!