Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"Hydra Phobia" thought

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Good day!

Listen, after defeating the Hydra by defeating it's Ebon Head during the instance quest in Hydra Cave in Achaea, "Hydra Phobia", we were supposed to use the Sacred Flame of Golden Apollo on it's body to have the beast completely engulfed by the flames & disappear forever, but once the Hydra's body is laid down, we only take the Hydra's chain & the whole beast didn't get destroyed in flames like it's supposed to, as the Oracle of Delphos said we should. Plus, after defeating it, Old Scratch was also supposed to say, which would be a new dialogue line for him after it's defeat, "The Hydra itself be stilled, but not for long! Quick, Captain my Captain, before we take it's Chain, use the Sacred Flame of Apollo on the Hydra, and it will be gone forever!", & once we do, the Hydra's body should be engulfed by the Sacred Flame itself & disappear forever before Argos take it's chain, as the additional new dynamic cutscene cinematic there, & says his line, "The Hydra is defeated, and I have taken the Chain! Now, let us go back to the Labyrinth, but for the last time!". We can't just take it's Chain & leave it's body to leave around forever & not use it's Sacred Flame on it before leaving, you know.

Hope you can add that in to that instance quest someday. Plus, Argos should appear in the battle with the Hydra as the ally there, too.

Thanks for listening!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Trimond297 on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
Good day!

Listen, after defeating the Hydra by defeating it's Ebon Head during the instance quest in Hydra Cave in Achaea, "Hydra Phobia", we were supposed to use the Sacred Flame of Golden Apollo on it's body to have the beast completely engulfed by the flames & disappear forever, but once the Hydra's body is laid down, we only take the Hydra's chain & the whole beast didn't get destroyed in flames like it's supposed to, as the Oracle of Delphos said we should. Plus, after defeating it, Old Scratch was also supposed to say, which would be a new dialogue line for him after it's defeat, "The Hydra itself be stilled, but not for long! Quick, Captain my Captain, before we take it's Chain, use the Sacred Flame of Apollo on the Hydra, and it will be gone forever!", & once we do, the Hydra's body should be engulfed by the Sacred Flame itself & disappear forever before Argos take it's chain, as the additional new dynamic cutscene cinematic there, & says his line, "The Hydra is defeated, and I have taken the Chain! Now, let us go back to the Labyrinth, but for the last time!". We can't just take it's Chain & leave it's body to leave around forever & not use it's Sacred Flame on it before leaving, you know.

Hope you can add that in to that instance quest someday. Plus, Argos should appear in the battle with the Hydra as the ally there, too.

Thanks for listening!
Let me get this straight...you want KI to show the Hydra burning in flames since the oracle said we should burn it with Sacred Flames?

Being an all ages game, I would fully expect the oracle dialog to change before we conduct "scorched Earth" tactics.

I honestly don't remember the Hydra doing anything bad, only that it possessed the special chain to hold the Labyrinth door. But hey, if we need to put it out of it's misery...then Sacred Flames are certainly a way.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Oran from Urz on Nov 6, 2015 wrote:
Let me get this straight...you want KI to show the Hydra burning in flames since the oracle said we should burn it with Sacred Flames?

Being an all ages game, I would fully expect the oracle dialog to change before we conduct "scorched Earth" tactics.

I honestly don't remember the Hydra doing anything bad, only that it possessed the special chain to hold the Labyrinth door. But hey, if we need to put it out of it's misery...then Sacred Flames are certainly a way.
Well, how else would the Hydra be defeated forever & take it's chain that binds it to the cave? Besides, we didn't actually see that monster get burned by the Sacred Flames, for it didn't feel satisfying in seeing the Hydra disappear by the Sacred Flames without actually using the Flames on it. The Oracle said to use it's flames, so that's what should have happened after defeating it's Ebon Head before we take it's chain.

It will take good usage of the combination of the advanced texture effects & particle effects to show the Hydra burn in flames, almost like a true reversal of Wizards in W101 summoning Troll creatures during duels, making it look like it's disappearing instead of it appearing. If you haven't seen the Troll summon in reverse before, just ask someone to digitally record it & have it played in reverse through editing, so you'll get the idea.

The monster's body was only staying still as it's in chains while it's heads do all the battling, including the Ebon Head. It doesn't really move, only to lay down after the Ebon head is beaten. The only disappointment of it to me is the Hydra doesn't burn up from using the Sacred Flames on it.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
Good day!

Thanks for listening!
If Argos was an ally he would make it so much harder creating so many heads

Ensign
Nov 10, 2012
What's the best way to defeat the hydra with a buccaneer? i have tried musketeer companions but it doesn't work.

DarkDinoHeath level 64 Buccaneer.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
DarkDino303 on Feb 24, 2016 wrote:
What's the best way to defeat the hydra with a buccaneer? i have tried musketeer companions but it doesn't work.

DarkDinoHeath level 64 Buccaneer.
In this battle these are epics you don't want on your companions, I will list only their melee counterparts

Blade Storm

Repel Boarders

Flanking

Cheap Shot

All of these epics make it harder to defeat the hydra