Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Morphing Problem - Pet Powers

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
I have 2 pets who I am morphing together, and it seems something went wrong recently.

From what I understand, revealed abilities on pets are supposed to carry over to the child, while hidden ones might be. Which is all fine and well.

However, when I was morphing my clown fish with one rare revealed power, and my hawk, with one revealed rare power, the resulting child only had a single rare ability carry over instead of two.

Was that supposed to happen? Just to note, the clown fish had victory pie revealed, and my hawk had rainbow blessing.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
were both rare talents in the same slot on both pets ? by slot i mean same position like the 3rd one down on the list?

Ensign
Jun 23, 2012
Reckless Cedric on Nov 3, 2015 wrote:
I have 2 pets who I am morphing together, and it seems something went wrong recently.

From what I understand, revealed abilities on pets are supposed to carry over to the child, while hidden ones might be. Which is all fine and well.

However, when I was morphing my clown fish with one rare revealed power, and my hawk, with one revealed rare power, the resulting child only had a single rare ability carry over instead of two.

Was that supposed to happen? Just to note, the clown fish had victory pie revealed, and my hawk had rainbow blessing.

Hi Cedric,

The pet morphing realm is never an easy or defining area of what a pet will or won't get when 2 pets are mixed together. Meaning, I have yet to crack the science behind it all. But, with well over 500 pets scattered throughout all my pirates, I have learned a thing or two along the way. I have found that most of the time, probably around 70 to 75 percent, all revealed talents or powers will transfer to the offspring. But there are times when one or two revealed abilities wont make it into the offspring at all. Why? I don't know... It could be because the other talents and powers within a certain pet's bloodline are stronger and prevents even revealed abilities from showing? It could be that there are only 10 spots on the talent side, maybe 1 of your pets has 10 talents and your other pet has 10 different talents, so random selection choses a mixture from both? Or some may say it's just bad luck or a fail, either way, don't let it get you down. There is an old saying ... "If at first you don't succeed, try again"

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
There is a chance it can be passed on. It won't always happen every time.