Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How do you dress your Pirate?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Just something I thought might be interesting to talk about. Do you have a specific style you like to give your Pirate(s)?

As for myself; I'd like to dress my main pirate, well, simply piratey - with a small touch of elegance. And because she has the name 'Red"; I make sure every piece of clothing she wears has red in it, and she has red hair to match.

(It's rather cliché, but it does work. )

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Hoodoo Mistress on Oct 23, 2015 wrote:
Just something I thought might be interesting to talk about. Do you have a specific style you like to give your Pirate(s)?

As for myself; I'd like to dress my main pirate, well, simply piratey - with a small touch of elegance. And because she has the name 'Red"; I make sure every piece of clothing she wears has red in it, and she has red hair to match.

My main pirate, Fearless Finnigan, is the best imitation of the character D'Artagnan from The Three Musketeers I could find.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Until I was able to save enough scrip to buy the Smuggler's Outfit, Esperanza wore Skull Island fashion - the captain's coat with boots and floppy, feathered hat.
My privateer has the complete outfit from Rook ( stitched to Tower gear )
My Musketeer has a ( nearly complete Faye the privy, no Bulwark or mask ) outfit.( Also stitched to musket appropriate gear )
All my other pirates dress in Skull Island piratey fashions.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
...from top to bottom!

Gotta keep those skivvies with golden hearts hidden...!!!

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This is an intersting question, it depends on what class I'm playing.

My older Muskeeter has a taste for high quailty gears. For this character it's something nice,elegant and pretty.

My younger Muskeeter is more of a rouge type, oposite of my younger muskeeter.For him something cool and rough looking.

For my witchdoctor, something spooky and mysterious.

For my something that both nice looking and at the same time look cool. Like a great pirate leader.

For my something that look pretty and at the same time deadly.She like the dress to defeat type.A ninja pirate needed to look nice sometimes.

For my something that look cool and mighty. A warrior pirate always wear somthing that make him/her look brave and at the same time a hero/herion ( or not ) .

Captain
Jun 26, 2010

Me pirate mostly wears traditional pirate gear from of all over the spiral, but he does enjoy wearing gear that was looted by foes from all corners of the spiral like, English Bill, Captain Blood, General Tso, or even Rooke.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009

Hat: CUPCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE! Though in all seriousness, I've been wearing the Parrrrrty Hat for about a year now. I stitched it to my Gladiator's Galea so now I get a Revive, and a cupcake to eat during battle.

Outfit: It tends to vary, but I tend to lean towards the Tower Gear, though my color of choice changes rather frequently.

Shoes: Same with the Outfit

Mount: Ki-Ren. It was my first mount and I've never looked back.

Accessory: The Sato's Sunglasses either as is or stitched with the Pirate101 B-Day eyepatch from last year. Occasionally I'll wear Death's Bargain for style.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Though my pirates like to mix it up to some degree, wearing outfits that please them or give a certain tactical advantage, my favorite outfits are the 17th-18th C. gentleman's suits (worn by my lady pirates) found particularly in Skull Island and Port Regal. The one exception is my baby swashbuckler, Cecelia, who just likes to wear skirts and petticoats.

There's good reason for a pirate captain to dress as well as she (or he) can, too. I give you this bit of inspiration written by Rafael Sabatini, as his Captain Blood (not to be confused with Pirate101's Captain Blood; Sabatini's pirate hero is pretty much the exact opposite) enters what he knows to be a duel of wits with a French General, and has dressed himself with according care:

"... there entered now ... a spruce and modish gentleman, dressed with care and somber richness in black and silver, his swarthy, clear-cut face scrupulously shaven, his long black hair in ringlets that fell to a collar of fine point. [Which is to say, trimmed with highly expensive handmade lace. A must for a well-set up gentleman of the time.] In his right hand the gentleman carried a broad black hat with a scarlet ostrich-plume, in his left hand an ebony cane [strictly a fashion accessory here]. His stockings were of silk, a bunch of ribbons masked his garters, and the black rosettes on his shoes were finely edged with gold."

Captain Blood wins the battle of wits thereafter, by the way!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
Though my pirates like to mix it up to some degree, wearing outfits that please them or give a certain tactical advantage, my favorite outfits are the 17th-18th C. gentleman's suits (worn by my lady pirates) found particularly in Skull Island and Port Regal. The one exception is my baby swashbuckler, Cecelia, who just likes to wear skirts and petticoats.

There's good reason for a pirate captain to dress as well as she (or he) can, too. I give you this bit of inspiration written by Rafael Sabatini, as his Captain Blood (not to be confused with Pirate101's Captain Blood; Sabatini's pirate hero is pretty much the exact opposite) enters what he knows to be a duel of wits with a French General, and has dressed himself with according care:

"... there entered now ... a spruce and modish gentleman, dressed with care and somber richness in black and silver, his swarthy, clear-cut face scrupulously shaven, his long black hair in ringlets that fell to a collar of fine point. [Which is to say, trimmed with highly expensive handmade lace. A must for a well-set up gentleman of the time.] In his right hand the gentleman carried a broad black hat with a scarlet ostrich-plume, in his left hand an ebony cane [strictly a fashion accessory here]. His stockings were of silk, a bunch of ribbons masked his garters, and the black rosettes on his shoes were finely edged with gold."

Captain Blood wins the battle of wits thereafter, by the way!
I'm only familiar with the movie based on this book; where can I find a copy?

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 23, 2015 wrote:
...from top to bottom!

Gotta keep those skivvies with golden hearts hidden...!!!
Of course - otherwise it would be very hard do any pirating!

There are a lot of interesting tastes in outfits (though, I don't think I could wear a cupcake on my head without wanting to eat it... XD). Are there any other fashion-savvy Pirates out there in the Spiral? Don't be shy!

Ensign
May 14, 2013
For my witchdoctor I like to go with something spooky and intimidating.

For my swash, I like to have something with flair and style.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Sabitini's books should be available in a good public library, or they can be easily ordered over teh internetz. Good stuff.

My pirates almost all dress like pirates. So Skull Island outfits with some Port Regal/Isle of Dogsie things thrown in. Brianna Donnely dresses as a Battle Angel (complete with wings) and Angel dresses as Rook. Karic Atherton, commander of the Banana Brigade, wears Gortez's outfit, swings his axe, and uses the Monkey Mask that the badge Opposition Champion gives you.

-Indigo

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
I'm only familiar with the movie based on this book; where can I find a copy?
I have found that a Kindle (and I have the oldest and simplest of the lot) provides a splendid gateway to literature of a historic variety. (Indeed, I became very interested in purchasing the device when I realized I could access 18th C. receipt books in Amazon's collection... very often for free). So, yes, Captain Blood is one of the many historic novels I have acquired to further my education (and entertainment too!)

I also recommend the recently published The Big Book of Swashbuckling Adventure (Laurence Ellsworth) which I happened to borrow from our local library, which has a number of historic short stories, including tales of Zorro, Captain Blood, and other dashing heroes...

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks for that recommendation Anne.

-Indigo

Ensign
Jul 07, 2013
I dress, well, like someone who wants to look cool but not intimidating. Usually I wear Dragon King's Patch (I think that's what it's called), a mooshu hat (one of those cone shaped things), a cool ranch outfit (the one that is brown but with a color blanket thing slung over the arm), and mooshu shoes (the tall kind). Don't worry, I stitch.

Perilous Zoe Nightingale, level 65

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
I dress my main pirate with a tower of Moo Manchu hood, one of the tower of Moo Manchu outfits, one of the Moo Manchu boots, and Sword of Talos, Dragon Axe of Doom, (Rarely) Axe of the Minotaur Lords, or any other unique two handed weapon that I get in drops.

-Going off topic->

Yes, I farm. Considerably. However, I have not played Pirate101 for a while, but i'm still on P101's side, rather than Wiz. I have a level 100 pyromancer in Wizard101 and I CANNOT level my 45 necromancer any further, even if I tried because school types does not make any difference in the story or anything it seems. In other words, i'm agitatedly bored with Wizard's storyline and i'm quite sad to see that Polaris is a Wizard world instead of a pirate world, like Darkmoor was. I refuse to play Wizard any longer until Pirate101 get's it's turn..

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
I have found that a Kindle (and I have the oldest and simplest of the lot) provides a splendid gateway to literature of a historic variety. (Indeed, I became very interested in purchasing the device when I realized I could access 18th C. receipt books in Amazon's collection... very often for free). So, yes, Captain Blood is one of the many historic novels I have acquired to further my education (and entertainment too!)

I also recommend the recently published The Big Book of Swashbuckling Adventure (Laurence Ellsworth) which I happened to borrow from our local library, which has a number of historic short stories, including tales of Zorro, Captain Blood, and other dashing heroes...
Speaking of which, I have this book: The Collection of the Kyoto Costume Institute, Fashion, A History from the 18th to the 20th Century (Taschen) - that I've purchased a while back from a Barnes & Noble near me. It's very enthralling, and I recommend you giving it a read if you haven't. Perfect for inspiration.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Aaron FireEyes on Nov 2, 2015 wrote:
I dress my main pirate with a tower of Moo Manchu hood, one of the tower of Moo Manchu outfits, one of the Moo Manchu boots, and Sword of Talos, Dragon Axe of Doom, (Rarely) Axe of the Minotaur Lords, or any other unique two handed weapon that I get in drops.

-Going off topic->

Yes, I farm. Considerably. However, I have not played Pirate101 for a while, but i'm still on P101's side, rather than Wiz. I have a level 100 pyromancer in Wizard101 and I CANNOT level my 45 necromancer any further, even if I tried because school types does not make any difference in the story or anything it seems. In other words, i'm agitatedly bored with Wizard's storyline and i'm quite sad to see that Polaris is a Wizard world instead of a pirate world, like Darkmoor was. I refuse to play Wizard any longer until Pirate101 get's it's turn..
To join you off topic: I suppose I'm in a similar boat. I'm an on and off player myself, so I would be lying if I said I didn't have any love for Wizard101. However, it's been quite some time since I've done any major questing - with the only thing(s) keeping me are crafting and house decorating. As of now, the main reason I've been spending some time in that game is because there isn't much happening here in Pirates.

As far as Darkmoor and Polaris goes, I'm quite positive we'll be seeing those words here as well sometime in the future, both possibly as main worlds. Until the next storyline update come our way, I will still be here giving Pirates my support.

On topic: Would anyone else care to share?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Hoodoo Mistress on Nov 4, 2015 wrote:
Speaking of which, I have this book: The Collection of the Kyoto Costume Institute, Fashion, A History from the 18th to the 20th Century (Taschen) - that I've purchased a while back from a Barnes & Noble near me. It's very enthralling, and I recommend you giving it a read if you haven't. Perfect for inspiration.
I see you are a woman after my own heart, Hoodoo Mistress! I often rely on the Kyoto Costume Institute's publication Revolution in Fashion: European Clothing 1715-1815 for inspiration for pirate's clothing at work and at play (like at masked balls!) Oh, and it's a useful reference and inspiration for some of my work in real life, too!

Ensign
Dec 18, 2010
For my , I like to go for the mystic Mooshu clothing. Next, my likes to dress himself like a Marlybonian admiral. Next in line is my , who enjoys dressing up like a Cool Ranch marksman. For the , he likes to imitate the great gladiators of Aquila. And last, but not least, my enjoys the free feeling clothes native to Skull Island.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
LankyRyan on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
For my , I like to go for the mystic Mooshu clothing. Next, my likes to dress himself like a Marlybonian admiral. Next in line is my , who enjoys dressing up like a Cool Ranch marksman. For the , he likes to imitate the great gladiators of Aquila. And last, but not least, my enjoys the free feeling clothes native to Skull Island.
Welcome to the Message Boards, LankyRyan, those are some good choices for your pirates!

Ensign
Mar 29, 2013
All of my pirates wear the 65 Tower of Moo Manchu clothing specific to their class.
I don't stitch.