Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Area priceing

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 25, 2013
Dear Kingsisle, can you please reduce the area pricing please? Because I had to pay 2999 Crowns and that was very expensive. prehaps 1500 crowns per book? P.S. why are the videos to earn crowns ads? Could you replace them with fun facts? ex: did ye know that pigs are intellegent? you could put facts about anything that is NOT ads or inapropriate or to scary. and why is there always a special deal? do you not enough money to run the game? if so tell us we will gladly help you. loyal Benjerman strong lvl 27 bloody Davy Jones lvl 20 Jack lvl 14

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
I highly doubt that either of these will get into the game, for one reason. Money. Its what keeps the wheels turning in all businesses.

1. (Reducing Pricing)
This is how they make money. It makes no sense to lower these costs.

2. (Removing the Ads)
I imagine this is a great way for Kingsisle to make money without making annoying mandatory ads.

3. (Special deal)
I don't really understand what you mean by this... Do you mean in the crown shop? It makes sense in both a business and a player way. The player pays less for something, and the company makes in more likely the player will buy it.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Benjermin shadowco... on Sep 26, 2015 wrote:
Dear Kingsisle, can you please reduce the area pricing please? Because I had to pay 2999 Crowns and that was very expensive. prehaps 1500 crowns per book? P.S. why are the videos to earn crowns ads? Could you replace them with fun facts? ex: did ye know that pigs are intellegent? you could put facts about anything that is NOT ads or inapropriate or to scary. and why is there always a special deal? do you not enough money to run the game? if so tell us we will gladly help you. loyal Benjerman strong lvl 27 bloody Davy Jones lvl 20 Jack lvl 14
"Free" Crowns are not free. The advertisers are paying for your Crowns in return for exposure to whatever they are showing.

Special deals are no different than sales/deals you would find at car dealership, grocery store, or at the mall.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Advertisers know where the people are spending their time and money; this indicates that KI has attacked advertising dollars - this is a good deal for everyone. The advertisers get a new way to present their products, KI gets the money and this money helps keep our favorite game on line.
Zone pricing seems reasonable to me, and I'm a crowns player.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
The areas are way too overpriced, compared to Wizard101. It's more than 1000 crowns more for just one area. Not even Grizzleheim has areas that priced!

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Sep 30, 2015 wrote:
The areas are way too overpriced, compared to Wizard101. It's more than 1000 crowns more for just one area. Not even Grizzleheim has areas that priced!
Actually, while it costs more to buy each section in Pirate101 then in Wizard101, you get about 3 times the area per location, at least from my experience.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Sep 30, 2015 wrote:
In Pirate101 you pay by Chapters...not areas. The area/zone sizes are not the same, hence the difference in price.