Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tips for writing

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
Hello everyone! I just wanted to give my suggestions on some things.

1. Give the companions development. A lot of them already have this but, make it so Hawkules, for example, starts to release some of the things he has done and he grows more feelings for others.

2. Make the story deeper. Of course this is a more light-hearted game but, give it some more serious moments to make it so people can take the story more seriously.

I am not saying this because I think the writing is bad, i am just giving ways on how to make the writing better than it already is.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dante ZE pirate on Sep 23, 2015 wrote:
Hello everyone! I just wanted to give my suggestions on some things.

1. Give the companions development. A lot of them already have this but, make it so Hawkules, for example, starts to release some of the things he has done and he grows more feelings for others.

2. Make the story deeper. Of course this is a more light-hearted game but, give it some more serious moments to make it so people can take the story more seriously.

I am not saying this because I think the writing is bad, i am just giving ways on how to make the writing better than it already is.
1. I have observed through the game that the main quest line companions get story promos, we then learn about them bit by bit; this does deepen the story and we actually care about these companions. Hawkules joined our crew late in the game, I'm sure we'll learn more about him in further adventures, he may ever suffer a humiliation which may reduce that ego a little...
2. The war between Marleybone and Valencia was meant to add a deeper dimension to the story, now we are seeing the consequences to our actions. When we go to Valencia, I'm sure we'll be encountering many more dangerous situations.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
1. Some companions such as Bonnie Anne have had some development, but some like El Toro have no feelings are changes to them. I like this. Some companions are in need of a backstory-like promo.

2. I agree. The story just sort of dropped after Marleybone and Aquila (they're too short!) Hopefully it gets better in the next update.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:
1. Some companions such as Bonnie Anne have had some development, but some like El Toro have no feelings are changes to them. I like this. Some companions are in need of a backstory-like promo.

2. I agree. The story just sort of dropped after Marleybone and Aquila (they're too short!) Hopefully it gets better in the next update.
Aquila did have it's moment of question. Remember when we had to erase the first five memories of our life just to speak to the Oracle (I think that was her name)? We basically just sort of "forgot" about our real parents in the process of doing that.

I am curious on how KI is actually going to pull that off though, but I'm sure there's going to come a time when we're going to be kicking ourselves for doing that (just like in MB). If so, then it's official that KI has a new thing for setting us up for falls lol

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bloody Belle on Sep 27, 2015 wrote:
Aquila did have it's moment of question. Remember when we had to erase the first five memories of our life just to speak to the Oracle (I think that was her name)? We basically just sort of "forgot" about our real parents in the process of doing that.

I am curious on how KI is actually going to pull that off though, but I'm sure there's going to come a time when we're going to be kicking ourselves for doing that (just like in MB). If so, then it's official that KI has a new thing for setting us up for falls lol
The Elusyian Mystery removed our memories.