Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bugs/Opinions on the new update

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
For those who chastise first:
-Emmet's debuffs do not stack period(not a bug, just a sidenote, like poison)

-Emmets debuffs do not display the amount of turns it lasts.(on the power card(when it is in the hand), it does display in battleboard combat after the debuff activates)

-"Mo Mojo Flow" and" Flow Mojo, Flow" give will instead of spellpower. This gets confusing because on the card it says will, the battle animation shows it gives spell power, and it actually does give will. I assume this is a simple error. Additionally, these two buffs have unlimited range to will based companions, rather than staffy based(which is fine imo, but I thought to get this out because it was not working as it was said to)

-Raven's cry/Crow's Song gives Quick Adjust instead of Intuition for staffy users LOL. It does say it gives Intuition, it is just the wrong epic

-Okay now for opinions:

Mojo Flow: Thank you Kingsisle! Old Scratch is finally useful, and Witchdoctors now can buff their powers directly, rather than indirectly with will. Any Witchdoctor (and possibly Privateer) will now take Old Scratch seriously. As much as I would have liked to have this power on the character, I am glad an old main companion gained from deserved respect.

Emmet's Line(Malestorm): I love it, however this puts him Waaaay ahead of any other tavern companion by a bit. It not being able to stack justifies having this many with an AoE(can't put all 3 and extremely limit the movement) with an unlimited range. Emmet is now Op, holding back Melee units and chaining like a boss to any ranged companion.

Raven's Cry/Crow's Song: Besides the bug, I thank Kingsisle for listening to my mini-rant on this topic. You guys are amazing!

Terror-cotta nerf: RIP the meta card of this PvP season, however it can still be used fairly well by WDs and Privateers, which is a bit fair because they have a +1(ish) tool.

Overall: These updates really give WDs and Privys a needed boost, and now melee classes have to really think things through, whether to rush , fake rush to force it out, or just separate companions. Also, now we will being seeing at least Old Scratch(if not other WDs) in more teams, allowing chains between witchdoctors as something to worry about. Thanks, Kingsisle for this wonderful update!

-Stormy Sam Templeton

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Yep as privy I sure would use Old Scratch now, but I wish to see his new powers sorted out first, are they meant to be that way or is the will part not intended? I thought it was spell power buffs...

Emmett OP? I'd like to see that, how does he chain like a boss? He doesnt even learn burst fire, compared to Bonnie/Zeena/Chantal/Nausica he's still nothing chain-wise and his damage isnt amazing either.
Are you talking about true grit? I doubt he can handle a true grit battle against any musk, his armor/resist are nothing special plus privy's weakness is agility, meaning a ranged battle with a musk is a no thank you. Return fire is useless because he can never dodge a musk's high accuracy.(unless maybe you build him with dodge + zeal, still wouldnt dare to attack a musk with him)
But yeah his new powers still make him worth using.

Overall I'm glad with this update too, people's most complaint was toned down, and I think it was done cleverly because it gives an edge to WD/Privy who needed a boost.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ok, maybe I'm a little confused, but the first rank of Mojo Flow says that it boosts spell power; but both the 2nd and 3rd rank of Mojo Flow says it boosts will. If the information on the card matches the action of the power - how is it a bug?
It would be different if all the cards of Mojo Flow said boosts spell power and the action of rank2 and3 did something else.

Developer
anecorbie on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
Ok, maybe I'm a little confused, but the first rank of Mojo Flow says that it boosts spell power; but both the 2nd and 3rd rank of Mojo Flow says it boosts will. If the information on the card matches the action of the power - how is it a bug?
It would be different if all the cards of Mojo Flow said boosts spell power and the action of rank2 and3 did something else.
It's a bug.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
The spell animation for Rank 2 and 3 clearly shows a buff to Spell Power. So even if it is suppose to buff Will at Rank 2 and 3, the graphic is bugged.

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
Silver Angel on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
Yep as privy I sure would use Old Scratch now, but I wish to see his new powers sorted out first, are they meant to be that way or is the will part not intended? I thought it was spell power buffs...

Emmett OP? I'd like to see that, how does he chain like a boss? He doesnt even learn burst fire, compared to Bonnie/Zeena/Chantal/Nausica he's still nothing chain-wise and his damage isnt amazing either.
Are you talking about true grit? I doubt he can handle a true grit battle against any musk, his armor/resist are nothing special plus privy's weakness is agility, meaning a ranged battle with a musk is a no thank you. Return fire is useless because he can never dodge a musk's high accuracy.(unless maybe you build him with dodge + zeal, still wouldnt dare to attack a musk with him)
But yeah his new powers still make him worth using.

Overall I'm glad with this update too, people's most complaint was toned down, and I think it was done cleverly because it gives an edge to WD/Privy who needed a boost.
He chains well with Grit 3, because he has the extra chance to stun against muskets because he is will based. Having Return fire and Grit is also pretty good, plus he has access to witch Hunter, and since Emmet is ranged he can use Witch Hunter from a range without being chained to. Don't even get me started with Exeter . When I said chain, I meant more of a shut-down rather than damage output, sorry for the confusion! (my setup is Grit 3, Tap 2, Witch Hunter 1, Return 1 if you want to give it a try against muskets). As for the other points, I agree! :)

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
Ratbeard on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
It's a bug.
You're kidding right? you're telling me that this is 100% spell power for 3 rounds, do you at all realize what level summons will be with this? witchdoctors have 500-600 spell power with this buff on, even if a melee unit brings them down to 100 health they can heal it all back with 1 heal. Honestly, do you guys think stuff through when you make buffs? by boosting 2 classes you just demolished the other 3

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Stormy Sam Templet... on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
He chains well with Grit 3, because he has the extra chance to stun against muskets because he is will based. Having Return fire and Grit is also pretty good, plus he has access to witch Hunter, and since Emmet is ranged he can use Witch Hunter from a range without being chained to. Don't even get me started with Exeter . When I said chain, I meant more of a shut-down rather than damage output, sorry for the confusion! (my setup is Grit 3, Tap 2, Witch Hunter 1, Return 1 if you want to give it a try against muskets). As for the other points, I agree! :)
Stun chance is based on will? Didnt know...

Even so, musk still have high chances to crit on a privy, so yeah :/

I dont see how witch hunter is relevant, especially in pvp, as long as opponent doesnt target Emmett directly, WH will never trigger.

Also I highly doubt Emmett's range is as good as certain musks...

@Masonpeev: That's only 3 rounds, you're saying WD can turn the tables within that frame? I think not.
Also Ratbeard already explained on another post summons you use yourself are based off spell power, and those from items are based off will. So really, the only card you have to worry about is Stygian Chorus.
And let's be honest, they've been very weak until now.

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
Silver Angel on Sep 17, 2015 wrote:

I dont see how witch hunter is relevant, especially in pvp, as long as opponent doesnt target Emmett directly, WH will never trigger.

@Masonpeev: That's only 3 rounds, you're saying WD can turn the tables within that frame? I think not.
Also Ratbeard already explained on another post summons you use yourself are based off spell power, and those from items are based off will. So really, the only card you have to worry about is Stygian Chorus.
It can very easily successfully turn the tables within that time frame, summons will be level 110, just think about this for a second, 9 scorpions all level 110 (190 acc 200 dodge criticals etc) and lets not forget mournsongs doing 2k and mojo storms doing another 1.5

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
Silver Angel on Sep 17, 2015 wrote:

Stun is based on the user's Primary stat. In Emmet's case, it is Will. I think Emmet has a max range of Three/four, so good point, the average Musket has a range of 5. WH has been weird. sometimes multiple can chain to one power, other times it does not for me. Who knows? XD. I admit, Emmet is really only anti-ranged(and now anti-approach)

-With Mason's point, 100% can turn the tables. All you need is Mormo and Carcarius as well, and AoE spam(with 100% on all 3 and using their AoE powers, about 3300(~600 from Carc's embrace, ~1200 from Mormo's Mojo Storm, ~1600 from player's Mojo Storm)damage on the average WD, not accounting for Will boost) It cant turn the tables with minions(just power spam if all fails), however damage-wise, especially for Buccaneers, WDs with the buff are a significant threat now, which was the point of this update.

Ensign
May 23, 2015
Masonpeev on Sep 17, 2015 wrote:
It can very easily successfully turn the tables within that time frame, summons will be level 110, just think about this for a second, 9 scorpions all level 110 (190 acc 200 dodge criticals etc) and lets not forget mournsongs doing 2k and mojo storms doing another 1.5
Been running Scratch and your numbers are way off. Yes is does boost scorpions a bit but without the banner they are still only hitting for 100 without a crit. Add the banner and it jumps to around 450-500. But the are still squishy and easier to kill than a Terracotta warrior. Mornsong does no where near 2K. With a super it is possible to hit for around 1500 but that is a rare case. On average 800-1000 damage depending on your resistance, Mojo storm on average 675-800 with a super critical hitting for around 1100. I can't give you exact numbers as it varies but you we are no where near the numbers you are claiming. All in all it is not a huge game changer just have to remember WD with Nefarious staff have little range and using barrels to your advantage while they are there will prevent a mournsong, soulreaver, or ghostwail from hitting you. Knowing that bucklers and bucks can normally kill a witch in one attack with vicious charges that can come straight to you makes you think can I or can't I cause remember if you fail your probably gonna get sworded for over 2K on a white hit.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Masonpeev on Sep 17, 2015 wrote:
By now you should know Scorpions buffed from spell power is a bug, so that's not an argument here.

Mournsong 2K damage? Yeah right, it barely does 300 dmg unbuffed.
Same for Storm, it's not going to do 1.5k... even then, WD are supposed to be ranged nukers, now they can finally be that.

Even so, arent you a bucaneer? You can easily charge WD before they dish out damage.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Mike888b on Sep 17, 2015 wrote:
Been running Scratch and your numbers are way off. Yes is does boost scorpions a bit but without the banner they are still only hitting for 100 without a crit. Add the banner and it jumps to around 450-500. But the are still squishy and easier to kill than a Terracotta warrior. Mornsong does no where near 2K. With a super it is possible to hit for around 1500 but that is a rare case. On average 800-1000 damage depending on your resistance, Mojo storm on average 675-800 with a super critical hitting for around 1100. I can't give you exact numbers as it varies but you we are no where near the numbers you are claiming. All in all it is not a huge game changer just have to remember WD with Nefarious staff have little range and using barrels to your advantage while they are there will prevent a mournsong, soulreaver, or ghostwail from hitting you. Knowing that bucklers and bucks can normally kill a witch in one attack with vicious charges that can come straight to you makes you think can I or can't I cause remember if you fail your probably gonna get sworded for over 2K on a white hit.
I too cannot obtain the numbers Masonpeev is claiming (especially without doubloons).

Additionally, even with this needed new power...Bucklers and Bucs are still out DPSing Witchdoctors, unless for some reason a WD can get an entire team under Mojo Storm every round.

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
Mike888b on Sep 17, 2015 wrote:
Mason is talking about the theoretical potential of 100% spell power buff, so that is why your numbers are way off(Because only the 25% one is working correctly). However, I don't see Mournsong doing 2k Damage either, at best it would be 1k(Depends on if natural spooky Is on pirate, for me it is so it does ~500). However, Mojo reaver CAN do 2000 damage without a critical with a 100% spell power buff, and that is scary. If you think two WDs are bad, try a full team of them that have their own AoEs . I agree though, Buccaneers especially still have a great chance to defeat WDs in one turn(unless of course they prepared for that). I guess we will have to wait and see how this power plays out (once it gets fixed) before we know how useful it is in PvP.