Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Suggestion - Epic Talents Buff Stack

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
Hello everyone,

In my opinion, buffs from Riposte 3, Return Fire 3, and other Epics Rank 3 should stack.

There should be difference between companion that learned Riposte 3 and Companion that has Riposte 2 or even 1. Because buffs don't stuck, when companion dodges/block the attack the dodge stat only raises once, and not with each successful dodge/block.

I think that should be changed and thus reward those who learned their epics up to rank 3.

Off the topic - It is 10 day till the end of the season and I am still struggling at Paragon :S

Sincerely,

Duncan StormThief

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Duncan StormThief on Sep 9, 2015 wrote:
Hello everyone,

In my opinion, buffs from Riposte 3, Return Fire 3, and other Epics Rank 3 should stack.

There should be difference between companion that learned Riposte 3 and Companion that has Riposte 2 or even 1. Because buffs don't stuck, when companion dodges/block the attack the dodge stat only raises once, and not with each successful dodge/block.

I think that should be changed and thus reward those who learned their epics up to rank 3.

Off the topic - It is 10 day till the end of the season and I am still struggling at Paragon :S

Sincerely,

Duncan StormThief
Umm it does stack... just only in a single round, not in the entire battle.

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
Silver Angel on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
Umm it does stack... just only in a single round, not in the entire battle.
They actually don't stack. Riposte 3 for example is suppose to add about 15 dodge every time you dodge an attack (up to 3 times) for a single round, yet after the first addition of 15 dodge, the other two instances of +15 dodge don't take effect.

What Duncan is suggesting is that the way it currently works it cheapens what Riposte 3/Return Fire 3 is meant to do. I would get riposte 3 in a heart beat on a lot of my companions if it meant a possible +45 dodge increase (assuming I dodge 3 times), but the way it is now you are better off not training riposte 3 and going with another epic instead.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Alex Hawkins on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
They actually don't stack. Riposte 3 for example is suppose to add about 15 dodge every time you dodge an attack (up to 3 times) for a single round, yet after the first addition of 15 dodge, the other two instances of +15 dodge don't take effect.

What Duncan is suggesting is that the way it currently works it cheapens what Riposte 3/Return Fire 3 is meant to do. I would get riposte 3 in a heart beat on a lot of my companions if it meant a possible +45 dodge increase (assuming I dodge 3 times), but the way it is now you are better off not training riposte 3 and going with another epic instead.
Then isnt it a bug? It clearly displays dodge icon up when you dodge with riposte 3, if it wasnt meant to stack there wouldnt be anything showing.

Ensign
Apr 15, 2009
Silver Angel on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:
Then isnt it a bug? It clearly displays dodge icon up when you dodge with riposte 3, if it wasnt meant to stack there wouldnt be anything showing.
The talent functioned in this way before the Ranked PvP update. Each activation of Riposte 3 would add dodge.

After the update, the Riposte 3 buff falls under the same restriction as other buffs that only use the strongest variation of each stat. If you move your mouse over your character when you have duplicate buffs on, you will see that all of the buffs are active and losing turns; however, only one buff will have the stat displayed below.

The stat appearing overhead is not an indication of it being actively applied to your character but rather an indication that a dodge buff is being activated.

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
Silver Angel on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:
Well no, it technically isn't a bug because it's doing exactly what the buff update is meant to be doing: two buffs to the same stat won't stack up. It's the same way that when using two agility buffs they will both show up when only one actually takes effect.

I just realized that riposte is even more useless when you have a companion like El Toro. The dodge buff from Toro's Espirit won't stack with the dodge bonus from riposte 3 when he dodges.

I personally feel the same way as Duncan. If the temporary stat increase (or decrease) comes from an epic talent like riposte 3 it should be allowed to stack as that is the only purpose of training rank 3 of said epics.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Oh right totally forgot about that update... sorry about that and thanks for enlightening me :)

Then I agree, buffs from epics should stack.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
If it is a matter of training I agree.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey