Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The REAL problem with swashbucklers

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
Darth JT on Oct 12, 2015 wrote:
If you did as much research and thought of strategies for other classes as you do for swashbucklers, you might not be saying or thinking the way you are. The main problem I see when I read your posts, is your lack of strategy. You simply state that swashbucklers have too many powers and abilities at their disposal to be sufficiently able to counter them, This is not a fact, this is your own personal opinion.

Here are a few facts for you, Hold the line reduces dodge from approaching enemies, Elusive 3 grants 50% more dodge when below half health, Turn the tide increases accuracy, dodge, and damage when health is below 50%, Buccaneers have attack cards that reduce accuracy, and vengeance can stun. Not to mention that Buccaneers can stack all kinds of damage reductions to barely take any damage from a swashbuckler and easily heal any damage done by a swashbuckler. If a swashbuckler uses his coop de gra or poison that prevents healing, a Buccaneer can simply hide, wait out and heal the damage. Not to mention that Buccaneers also have Blade storm 3 in conjunction with relentless and any good Buccaneer uses Axe of Minotaur Lords, so much for all them First Strike and Riposte.

Of course you will counter with fog and purge being in their arsenal, which they can only have 1 and it must present itself in the deck lineup or other powers must be discarded that might be needed later to get what is needed, same as any other class.

Now, you go on to talk about Witch Doctors and Musketeers, which have gotten a huge increase in power with Scratches new buff. Not to mention Witch Doctors have a Charm spell that can not be countered and no other class can get, along with mojo lightning, which for some reason people seem to pass up that power. Musketeers get bombs and traps that great at keeping swashbucklers at bay, especially now that their 1/2 damage is not of much use with old scratch buff increasing that damage.

If a tournament was held, I doubt swash would come in 1st everytime
Ok here we go. First they might now win first EVERY time...but I bet you they win MOST of the times. Luck is still a factor after all.

As for strategy...trust me I have tried everything. My own strategy's I have copied others. Pick one and I will tell you why it doesn't work or the common way bucklers get around it.

Now to address all the other issues.
Hold the line: does nothing to cloaked people.

Elusive 3 and Tide 3: are only for those who have spent TONS of times one pets so it doesn't apply to most bucks and doesn't help a think against the actual spell cards. Its actually only truly useful when you get into an epic battle. But most of the bucklers I have seen dont rely on that and usually win before they are out of cards.

Reduce accuracy: Again bucklers can wait out any debuff that my buck puts on them. Ex: they com out of cloak after doing an assassin on me. I do my charge on them. They go back into cloak and sit there for 5 rounds till the debuff is all gone. And yes most bucklers have enough cloaks to do this for all my charges. And that is assuming I don't waste any trying to kill the companions.

Stun: Funny you should mention stun. I have a whole thread about it! Turns out thanks to first strike even if vengeance strike DOES make contact and the stun DOES land (keep in mind bucklers have lots of dodge and its only a "chance" for stun) the actual stun usually doesn't activate until AFTER the bucklers epics are all used up and the epic battle has stopped. Convenient isn't it :p Read the other thread if you wanna learn more.

Hide to counter no healing: What hide is that? What if the buck used his hide ealier to counter the black fog onslaught. What is to stop buckler from throwing cloaked knives through he shadows for double damage? Or killing off any companions they might have missed while the main pirate hides. Just how many hides is a buck supposed to cary?

Lol so far i haven't mentioned purge at all. These are just the moves they know naturally.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
Darth JT on Oct 12, 2015 wrote:
If you did as much research and thought of strategies for other classes as you do for swashbucklers, you might not be saying or thinking the way you are. The main problem I see when I read your posts, is your lack of strategy. You simply state that swashbucklers have too many powers and abilities at their disposal to be sufficiently able to counter them, This is not a fact, this is your own personal opinion.

Here are a few facts for you, Hold the line reduces dodge from approaching enemies, Elusive 3 grants 50% more dodge when below half health, Turn the tide increases accuracy, dodge, and damage when health is below 50%, Buccaneers have attack cards that reduce accuracy, and vengeance can stun. Not to mention that Buccaneers can stack all kinds of damage reductions to barely take any damage from a swashbuckler and easily heal any damage done by a swashbuckler. If a swashbuckler uses his coop de gra or poison that prevents healing, a Buccaneer can simply hide, wait out and heal the damage. Not to mention that Buccaneers also have Blade storm 3 in conjunction with relentless and any good Buccaneer uses Axe of Minotaur Lords, so much for all them First Strike and Riposte.

Of course you will counter with fog and purge being in their arsenal, which they can only have 1 and it must present itself in the deck lineup or other powers must be discarded that might be needed later to get what is needed, same as any other class.

Now, you go on to talk about Witch Doctors and Musketeers, which have gotten a huge increase in power with Scratches new buff. Not to mention Witch Doctors have a Charm spell that can not be countered and no other class can get, along with mojo lightning, which for some reason people seem to pass up that power. Musketeers get bombs and traps that great at keeping swashbucklers at bay, especially now that their 1/2 damage is not of much use with old scratch buff increasing that damage.

If a tournament was held, I doubt swash would come in 1st everytime
Hide Continued...: And did you forget the coupe de gra as you call it STOPS healing. So how can they "wait out and heal the damage?" your countering your own arguments.

Stacking shields: Same as the accuracy debuff argument. They can just hide for 20 rounds both waiting out all the stackable shields and the debuts put on them at the same time. Bucks dont have an unlimited supply you know.

Blade storm 3: It is nice I will admit. Its their one saving grace. Assuming they have enough strength buffed up to make it happen often enough.

Axe of Minotaur: I agree with voodoo...how does that stop first strike and riposte? Actually dressing my earlier issue concerning stun not activating until after a bucklers epics are all spent. We have discovered that minotaur axe exacerbates (makes worse) that issue! We DID do tests. So it actually HELPS first strike and riposte! Maybe YOU should do some experimenting and strategizing before making unfounded accusations.

Finally...I am pretty sure charm is STILL banned. Lighting is too unreliable and usually doesn't do more then 2 or 3 hits. WD's have gotten stronger...but only after a huge deficit. Lol they are just now able to keep up. But they have NOT risen above bucklers. They still hold the top spot from what I have seen. Muskets are the closest to competing with bucklers...but...bucklers have alert! Lol isnt that convenient :P and over watch does nothing against cloaks.

Nope...bucklers hold the top spot. Nice try though. Maybe you should talk to some of the topped ranked bucklers and see how they do it if you still dont think this is true.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
Nightblood1995 on Oct 13, 2015 wrote:
I agree with you, there are just as many things about the Bucc that makes them "OP" as the Swash and Privy. Can't say anything on Muskets as I've yet to encounter any good ones. Bucc has the most Talents in game, which can arguably give them an advantage over the Swash who has about 4 Hides, 3 Strikes and 3 Poisons (from class only not gear/pets). Once those are used up, we're pretty much up a creek without a paddle. Buccs are designed to rely more on charging into battle and going offense crazy without needing to rely on Powers whereas Privy tends to sit back and buff up a crap ton while giving them balanced defensive stats.

Your points were well made as well, Turn The Tide 3 along with Hold The Line 3 is a seriously brutal combo; reducing enemy dodge while having a boost in Acc, Dodge and Damage. Couple that with Vengeance Strike 3 and it turns into a suicide mission if you go charging in without any Powers. Lets not forget their Blocks which further boosts their defenses (and the fact that Swashes have the lowest accuracy in game) and Reckless Frenzy can decimate if done right. Privy can be classified as OP with all their heals, buffs and ranged AoEs so in reality the game is balanced fine as is, it's sounding more to me like his playstyle is what's hindering him more than the classes. I, for one, used to love charging in as a Swash and going nuts with attacks without a care in the world for strategy (except for keeping Companions alive) until I got to about Mooshu, then I learned real quick how easily that'll get me killed. Even when I started using a Hide and going in to Assassin a boss I learned the steep disadvantages of that tactic alone. When I played as a Bucc and had to fight a lot of annoying Swash Samoorai I learned to take them out first, immediately, which usually required the use of a power or two; in the end it was worth it and made everything else easier (I'm aware PvP is not PvE but the concept remains the same, I believe).
Hmm. When my reply to darth shows up you can see for your self how valid his points were.

As for using up their stuff...my experience is the opponent is usually dead before they run out. Keep in mind 4 hides multiplied by 5 ROUNDS...with damage happening pretty much the entire time. Weather it is little or a lot. Is enough to kill almost any one. So far my privy is the only one who has been able to OUT LAST a bucklers power sets. And that is only cause the opponent DIDNT carry purge.

As for the overlap from PvE to PvP...its actually very small. You are right in PvE bucks do dominate. Its far more fun to attack as a buck. But in PvP...where patience and timing rule...bucklers remain champions. Charging in isn't always an option...and if you do it wrong...you get destroyed. Plus they are making plans already to make the arenas bigger! So their one main tactic is still limited.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Voodoo Cornelius on Oct 12, 2015 wrote:
Have I really missed something as big as Charm being added back in, or is Darth unaware of the fact that that is banned? Honestly its possible, I haven't been reading the update notes enough. And the reason that witchdoctors don't use "mojo lightning" is that it doesn't jump enough and do enough damage to justify using it. Mojo storm does about twice the damage in a 3x3 area, making it usually a better option. Also, how does having Axe of the Minotaur Lords have anything to do with stopping First Strike and Riposte?
The charming gaze on the mask and pets has been banned, but the Witch Doctor spell has not been banned, how do you not know this?

Mojo Lightning works off of spell power, which is now seriously increased with old Scratch and has a 70% chance to jump and hit another target, which does not have to be right next to a target, making it even more of a dangerous weapon in the Witch Doctor arsenal now, unlike mojo storm where enemies must be within the 3x3 squares to be hit, mojo Lightning has quite a bit of range.

Axe of the minotaur lords has nothing to do with stopping first strike and riposte, Vengeance strike 3 does, however Axe of the Minotaur Lords gives an extra hit every round, which increases the chances of a relentless or blade storm activating to maximize effectiveness of those talents and damage.

Any other questions?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Darth JT on Oct 13, 2015 wrote:
The charming gaze on the mask and pets has been banned, but the Witch Doctor spell has not been banned, how do you not know this?

Mojo Lightning works off of spell power, which is now seriously increased with old Scratch and has a 70% chance to jump and hit another target, which does not have to be right next to a target, making it even more of a dangerous weapon in the Witch Doctor arsenal now, unlike mojo storm where enemies must be within the 3x3 squares to be hit, mojo Lightning has quite a bit of range.

Axe of the minotaur lords has nothing to do with stopping first strike and riposte, Vengeance strike 3 does, however Axe of the Minotaur Lords gives an extra hit every round, which increases the chances of a relentless or blade storm activating to maximize effectiveness of those talents and damage.

Any other questions?
Excuse me but Charm has been banned from PVP and has not been reinstated. Where are you getting that information?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
Darth JT on Oct 13, 2015 wrote:

Any other questions?
I see. I dont pvp with my witch so thats why I dont know. Lol And witch is still hard to pvp with so I dont see many in the arena either so i haven't really faced any...just loads and loads of bucklers.

The extra hit and the stun however I mentioned. Stun has a issue stopping bucklers and axe of minotaur lords only helps the problem out. See my other thread if you have questions. Its titled major stun issue.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Thomas Sunhammer on Oct 13, 2015 wrote:
Ok here we go. First they might now win first EVERY time...but I bet you they win MOST of the times. Luck is still a factor after all.

As for strategy...trust me I have tried everything. My own strategy's I have copied others. Pick one and I will tell you why it doesn't work or the common way bucklers get around it.

Now to address all the other issues.
Hold the line: does nothing to cloaked people.

Elusive 3 and Tide 3: are only for those who have spent TONS of times one pets so it doesn't apply to most bucks and doesn't help a think against the actual spell cards. Its actually only truly useful when you get into an epic battle. But most of the bucklers I have seen dont rely on that and usually win before they are out of cards.

Reduce accuracy: Again bucklers can wait out any debuff that my buck puts on them. Ex: they com out of cloak after doing an assassin on me. I do my charge on them. They go back into cloak and sit there for 5 rounds till the debuff is all gone. And yes most bucklers have enough cloaks to do this for all my charges. And that is assuming I don't waste any trying to kill the companions.

Stun: Funny you should mention stun. I have a whole thread about it! Turns out thanks to first strike even if vengeance strike DOES make contact and the stun DOES land (keep in mind bucklers have lots of dodge and its only a "chance" for stun) the actual stun usually doesn't activate until AFTER the bucklers epics are all used up and the epic battle has stopped. Convenient isn't it :p Read the other thread if you wanna learn more.

Hide to counter no healing: What hide is that? What if the buck used his hide ealier to counter the black fog onslaught. What is to stop buckler from throwing cloaked knives through he shadows for double damage? Or killing off any companions they might have missed while the main pirate hides. Just how many hides is a buck supposed to cary?

Lol so far i haven't mentioned purge at all. These are just the moves they know naturally.
Oh ye, of one sided strategy, let me show you the true light, since apparently, you think shadows is the real way.

Elusive 3 and Tide 3, being prepared for PVP is a strategy, for real people that PVP, they have spent the time on pets to get the talents they want, just as they have spent the time farming for the gear they want. If you are not prepared for a battle, is it because a class is too overpowered, or just because the other player was more prepared than you are, is this not the basis of PVP?

Then you stated, most players win before cards run out, which is about the only fair point you have made, it takes only 1 round to take out a swashbuckler and I can promise you, a Buccaneer can take out all of a swashbucklers companions by himself/herself.

As far as stun goes, I am not sure the last time you have been in a PVP match, probably around the time this thread has started, because stun is active the moment vengeance hits and stuns your opponent, so not, first strike and riposte will not keep going until all the swashbuckler epics are used. So you are again exaggerating trying to make a dull point sharp when there is no point on a round end.

How is it you think Buccaneers can only get 1 hide? You also seem to believe that Buccaneers cant have as many damage reductions as swashbucklers have hides, these are false assumptions. Please state facts if you are trying to rebuttal as you are grasping at straws instead of providing any proof.

You then state Charm is banned, which is further proof you don't truly know classes and powers. Charming gaze from the mask and pets are banned, but the witch doctor charm spell works perfectly, how can you not know this and claim to be so good?

I never once stated Axe of Minotaur lords was a counter to First Strike and Riposte, that is what Vengeance is for, however, once a swashbuckler is stunned, all of their Epics cease, and extra hits means more damage, it is easy to take a swash out in 1 round, so much for hides.

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
Darth JT on Oct 14, 2015 wrote:
Oh ye, of one sided strategy, let me show you the true light, since apparently, you think shadows is the real way.

Elusive 3 and Tide 3, being prepared for PVP is a strategy, for real people that PVP, they have spent the time on pets to get the talents they want, just as they have spent the time farming for the gear they want. If you are not prepared for a battle, is it because a class is too overpowered, or just because the other player was more prepared than you are, is this not the basis of PVP?

Then you stated, most players win before cards run out, which is about the only fair point you have made, it takes only 1 round to take out a swashbuckler and I can promise you, a Buccaneer can take out all of a swashbucklers companions by himself/herself.

As far as stun goes, I am not sure the last time you have been in a PVP match, probably around the time this thread has started, because stun is active the moment vengeance hits and stuns your opponent, so not, first strike and riposte will not keep going until all the swashbuckler epics are used. So you are again exaggerating trying to make a dull point sharp when there is no point on a round end.

How is it you think Buccaneers can only get 1 hide? You also seem to believe that Buccaneers cant have as many damage reductions as swashbucklers have hides, these are false assumptions. Please state facts if you are trying to rebuttal as you are grasping at straws instead of providing any proof.

You then state Charm is banned, which is further proof you don't truly know classes and powers. Charming gaze from the mask and pets are banned, but the witch doctor charm spell works perfectly, how can you not know this and claim to be so good?

I never once stated Axe of Minotaur lords was a counter to First Strike and Riposte, that is what Vengeance is for, however, once a swashbuckler is stunned, all of their Epics cease, and extra hits means more damage, it is easy to take a swash out in 1 round, so much for hides.
"You then state Charm is banned, which is further proof you don't truly know classes and powers. Charming gaze from the mask and pets are banned, but the witch doctor charm spell works perfectly, how can you not know this and claim to be so good?"

No offense Darth, but perhaps you are the one that truly doesn't know classes and powers. The Witchdoctor charm power is also banned from PvP together with charming gaze. Go into any PvP match with your charm power in spot 1 and you will see it will never show up during the match, because it is banned.

It even says it in the update notes:

"The following abilities are now PvE only (not usable in PvP):
Charm (and Charming Gaze)"

Not the first time I have seen you spread false information (witch hunter reducing weapon power), so it truly begs the question as to how often are you actually PvPing and/or keeping up with the meta?

"As far as stun goes, I am not sure the last time you have been in a PVP match, probably around the time this thread has started, because stun is active the moment vengeance hits and stuns your opponent..."

This is another occasion where this information its not always the case. Thomas had a different thread on it over here where him and I kind of went back and forth about the stun issue. There are cases of both situations happening (stun right after vengeance lands or stun at the end of chain), so it is not as clear cut as Vengeance Strike 3 being the perfect counter to any melee chains.

While I don't particularly agree with all of Thomas' points, lets at least make sure that what we are discussing is true information.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011

The witch doctor charm power does not work in PVP. It is currently banned just like charming gaze

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Alex Hawkins on Oct 14, 2015 wrote:
"You then state Charm is banned, which is further proof you don't truly know classes and powers. Charming gaze from the mask and pets are banned, but the witch doctor charm spell works perfectly, how can you not know this and claim to be so good?"

No offense Darth, but perhaps you are the one that truly doesn't know classes and powers. The Witchdoctor charm power is also banned from PvP together with charming gaze. Go into any PvP match with your charm power in spot 1 and you will see it will never show up during the match, because it is banned.

It even says it in the update notes:

"The following abilities are now PvE only (not usable in PvP):
Charm (and Charming Gaze)"

Not the first time I have seen you spread false information (witch hunter reducing weapon power), so it truly begs the question as to how often are you actually PvPing and/or keeping up with the meta?

"As far as stun goes, I am not sure the last time you have been in a PVP match, probably around the time this thread has started, because stun is active the moment vengeance hits and stuns your opponent..."

This is another occasion where this information its not always the case. Thomas had a different thread on it over here where him and I kind of went back and forth about the stun issue. There are cases of both situations happening (stun right after vengeance lands or stun at the end of chain), so it is not as clear cut as Vengeance Strike 3 being the perfect counter to any melee chains.

While I don't particularly agree with all of Thomas' points, lets at least make sure that what we are discussing is true information.
I don't usually use my Witchdoctor in Pvp, but I have watched quite a few of Technomage's pvp battles on his stream and seen the charm spell used, so if it is banned, my bad, but it still does not mean that Swashbucklers are so overpowered that they can not be defeated.

WItch hunter did initially reduce spell damage, as I have stated in another post on the witch hunter thread, I am not sure how new some of you people are that post here, but I have been around since Alpha testing and I have seen more changes to this game than you can imagine. I also have common sense and know what is or should be considered a bug and what shouldn't. Witch Hunter should be reducing spell damage and not weapon damage as it is a counter to witch doctor spells as intuition is a counter to staffy weapons.

I personally have not seen any problems with stuns, for me it has always activated the moment it strikes, but if it is not being activated, that is a bug. Your opinion on the other topic is just that, your opinion, which is an incorrect opinion at that, as the moment an opponent is hit with stun, they should be stunned, which should also be considered common sense.

So, even addressing your issues, the main problems are the bugs that are still currently in the game, which is what I stated a while back in this thread.

What I find funny, is the fact that Thomas has claimed swashbucklers come in 3rd on a ranking scale, but keeps posting on a swashbucklers are too overpowered thread, when there are only 5 classes.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009

Thank you Darth for flaunting your ignorance. You have been corrected repeatedly by myself and now others. I thank those who came in and backed me up. Because as you can see Darth is the kind of person that thinks he is right and talks that way even if he has not idea whats going on.

I do pvp all the time and stun still has that bug. because first strike goes first it starts a chain that somehow exists outside of whenever vengeance strike hit. So a bucklers moves do go to completion. Hawkins and i tested it out an they haven't changed anything. Minotaur axe makes the issue worse.

As for killing a buckler in one round maybe YOU are the one that hasn't perfected any semblance of strategy. Clearly you aren't at the level of buckler that I FACE...because they are utter tanks who thwart all but fellow bucklers strategies. They dont die, they kill all my companion and make me half dead regardless of how many shields I am pumping out and they advent even gotten through half their deck yet. So thx for more ignorant sarcasm.

As for bucks and one hide. I meant the can only learn one. As for gear they can't pack tons of hid AND fort AND heals. They have to choose. And yes a buckler can hide almost as many times as a buck can reduce. Unless you expect bucks to have all THAT gear too? Just how much gear do you think they have?

Charm isn't active? Really? How do YOU not know your own school? Someone is really mistaken here. I going to stay out of the witch argument since I don't pvp with witch. But let me explain as for how I COULD not know...well...no witch has tried to charm me yet. lol. So maybe all witches are ignorant or you are just wrong. I'd love to hear the results on this because his post is filled with arrogant swagger and that would just be so funny. I would like to know also if ranked PvP is different than practice pvp. Maybe thats why he is so confused.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Darth JT on Oct 15, 2015 wrote:
I don't usually use my Witchdoctor in Pvp, but I have watched quite a few of Technomage's pvp battles on his stream and seen the charm spell used, so if it is banned, my bad, but it still does not mean that Swashbucklers are so overpowered that they can not be defeated.

WItch hunter did initially reduce spell damage, as I have stated in another post on the witch hunter thread, I am not sure how new some of you people are that post here, but I have been around since Alpha testing and I have seen more changes to this game than you can imagine. I also have common sense and know what is or should be considered a bug and what shouldn't. Witch Hunter should be reducing spell damage and not weapon damage as it is a counter to witch doctor spells as intuition is a counter to staffy weapons.

I personally have not seen any problems with stuns, for me it has always activated the moment it strikes, but if it is not being activated, that is a bug. Your opinion on the other topic is just that, your opinion, which is an incorrect opinion at that, as the moment an opponent is hit with stun, they should be stunned, which should also be considered common sense.

So, even addressing your issues, the main problems are the bugs that are still currently in the game, which is what I stated a while back in this thread.

What I find funny, is the fact that Thomas has claimed swashbucklers come in 3rd on a ranking scale, but keeps posting on a swashbucklers are too overpowered thread, when there are only 5 classes.
Charm is banned in Ranked PVP, the videos you've been viewing are taking place in the Spar Chamber - plain PVP with no rules or banned gear or doubloons. This is why you've been confused.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thomas Sunhammer on Oct 15, 2015 wrote:
Thank you Darth for flaunting your ignorance. You have been corrected repeatedly by myself and now others. I thank those who came in and backed me up. Because as you can see Darth is the kind of person that thinks he is right and talks that way even if he has not idea whats going on.

I do pvp all the time and stun still has that bug. because first strike goes first it starts a chain that somehow exists outside of whenever vengeance strike hit. So a bucklers moves do go to completion. Hawkins and i tested it out an they haven't changed anything. Minotaur axe makes the issue worse.

As for killing a buckler in one round maybe YOU are the one that hasn't perfected any semblance of strategy. Clearly you aren't at the level of buckler that I FACE...because they are utter tanks who thwart all but fellow bucklers strategies. They dont die, they kill all my companion and make me half dead regardless of how many shields I am pumping out and they advent even gotten through half their deck yet. So thx for more ignorant sarcasm.

As for bucks and one hide. I meant the can only learn one. As for gear they can't pack tons of hid AND fort AND heals. They have to choose. And yes a buckler can hide almost as many times as a buck can reduce. Unless you expect bucks to have all THAT gear too? Just how much gear do you think they have?

Charm isn't active? Really? How do YOU not know your own school? Someone is really mistaken here. I going to stay out of the witch argument since I don't pvp with witch. But let me explain as for how I COULD not know...well...no witch has tried to charm me yet. lol. So maybe all witches are ignorant or you are just wrong. I'd love to hear the results on this because his post is filled with arrogant swagger and that would just be so funny. I would like to know also if ranked PvP is different than practice pvp. Maybe thats why he is so confused.
There is no need to be so rude; once you realize the confusion that has occurred.
Yes, practice PVP is very different from ranked PVP. In practice you can use anything ( even doubloons ) and we know that has been banned.
Technomage's video is showing him and a friend in the Spar Chamber, you see that his friend ( WD ) has Blood Flames ( banned in Ranked PVP ) and he uses Charm.
Darth is basing his claim on a practice PVP session and not a ranked session.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Closing this discussion as it is no longer constructive.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*