Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Does pirate work in ranked?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
Can someone confirm for sure that pirate works in ranked pvp? I see no indication that it does.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
There are only is 1 way to use Pirate on the ranked pvp board. On the little W shape on your enemies side (Where they spawn) on the very edge it will trigger.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
TechnomagePvP on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
There are only is 1 way to use Pirate on the ranked pvp board. On the little W shape on your enemies side (Where they spawn) on the very edge it will trigger.
Interesting. So the word pirate will actually show up in orange if I do that?

Developer
I don't think it's currently working (not technically a bug, it's not set up to work in PvP).

I can change that.

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
Ratbeard on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
I don't think it's currently working (not technically a bug, it's not set up to work in PvP).

I can change that.
Actually, that could be a lot of fun. Make Pirate activate when in enemy territory, not just ships? That would make Pirate MUCH more useful in PvP and PvE :D

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008

I can change that.
Interesting, I thought the "Piratey" in the update notes referred to the Pirate talent working in PvP.

"Abilities such as Piratey, Big Guns and Battle Banners will recognize Enemy Territory differently in Ranked PVP matches. Enemy Territory in Ranked PVP will refer to the area in which the opponent begins the match only."

That did change not go through then? Either way, I actually prefer Pirate not working. It would make the life of already weak classes (Witchdoctors, Privateers) even worse vs the stronger classes (Buccaneers, Swashbucklers) since those classes are the ones charging the ranged classes.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010

I can change that.
Well that's weird because when I run over in the edge of the enemies pvp board in ranked in the W shape corner when the match finishes it shows me with a boost stat from Pirate....

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
Alex Hawkins on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
Interesting, I thought the "Piratey" in the update notes referred to the Pirate talent working in PvP.

"Abilities such as Piratey, Big Guns and Battle Banners will recognize Enemy Territory differently in Ranked PVP matches. Enemy Territory in Ranked PVP will refer to the area in which the opponent begins the match only."

That did change not go through then? Either way, I actually prefer Pirate not working. It would make the life of already weak classes (Witchdoctors, Privateers) even worse vs the stronger classes (Buccaneers, Swashbucklers) since those classes are the ones charging the ranged classes.
That is a good point: Although I would like for something to make up for said advantage. A new defensive talent to help WDs and Privateers. Not sure on the details, but It would go along the lines of this: For now, let's call this talent "Solitude" That would work the opposite of Pirate

-Solitude 1: +10% Spell Power and receive 5% less damage while on ally territory.

-Solitude 2: +15% Spell Power and receive 10% less damage while on ally territory.

-Solitude 3: +15% Spell power, and receive 20% less damage while on ally territory.

Now if this were implemented and given to WDs and Privateers, would you be fine with Pirate working in PvP? Mostly curious to see if there is a way to make up the disadvantages of the defensive classes if Pirate were to work in PvP.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Alex Hawkins on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:

Privateers get the Pirate talent naturally as well (at least up to Rank 2). Most players probably keep their Privateers in the back buffing and healing, but the class was meant to be "charging" and in the thick of the fighting. So if Pirate is/was fixed, Privateers could take advantage as well.

Of course, Witchdoctors and Musketeers (who traditionally stay on their side of the ship) will have even more of a need to "halt" advancers.