Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Terror-Cotta Troupe - And Why It's Ridiculous

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
anecorbie on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
Then, would you say, if I, with just the strategy I used to counter the Cotta and then turn around and manage to beat the robe user ( which I have done ). Then this makes me superior to that player?
If the answer is "yes", then why should I use something for which there is a strategy? Shouldn't I learn and grow as a competitor and not depend on a super-powered cheat?
It means you bested them I don't know about "superior" its about playing on a even field that I dislike this robe so much. Its not a cheat as the programmers made the robe but I imagine with not PvP in mind since they overloaded it with too many benefits and not enough backdraws. I don't think anyone should be playing at a disadvantage in regards to abilities and powers regardless of your skills or not its about just the powers in question and factoring the skills out since its true you can outplay some but there are many above you that will beat you and it will be unfair in regards to powers and such

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Sunny Wolf on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
It means you bested them I don't know about "superior" its about playing on a even field that I dislike this robe so much. Its not a cheat as the programmers made the robe but I imagine with not PvP in mind since they overloaded it with too many benefits and not enough backdraws. I don't think anyone should be playing at a disadvantage in regards to abilities and powers regardless of your skills or not its about just the powers in question and factoring the skills out since its true you can outplay some but there are many above you that will beat you and it will be unfair in regards to powers and such
We both agree that the robe is over-powered for PVP, but it's not going to be banned. As has been said before the Robes will be adjusted for PVP; this will take time.
Those who use the Robe will point out that they earned the Robe by farming ( or using the SCC ) and they have the right to use it because KI hasn't banned them. If this is bothering you so much, go get your own set of Robes or develop a strategy to over come them, or stay out of the Brawl hall until the Robe controversy is sorted out.
Personally, short of banning, I would like to see the charge and Levi's removed completely - this still leaves 9 extra summons on the field with HL3 and Cheap Shot which is effective. Not to mention the explosion at the defeat.
There will never be an even, fair field - there is always gear that gives an advantage. The only way for an even field would be if all gear and pets were banned and you could only use what you had trained; and none of us would like that!

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
anecorbie on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
We both agree that the robe is over-powered for PVP, but it's not going to be banned. As has been said before the Robes will be adjusted for PVP; this will take time.
Those who use the Robe will point out that they earned the Robe by farming ( or using the SCC ) and they have the right to use it because KI hasn't banned them. If this is bothering you so much, go get your own set of Robes or develop a strategy to over come them, or stay out of the Brawl hall until the Robe controversy is sorted out.
Personally, short of banning, I would like to see the charge and Levi's removed completely - this still leaves 9 extra summons on the field with HL3 and Cheap Shot which is effective. Not to mention the explosion at the defeat.
There will never be an even, fair field - there is always gear that gives an advantage. The only way for an even field would be if all gear and pets were banned and you could only use what you had trained; and none of us would like that!
There should be a even field to availability and I have been farming for the robe I'm up to 80 runs and who knows how many crowns spent on the second chance chest and even if I got it I don't want to use it but I have to because my class isnt strong that it requires its defensive and offensive strength and I like to PvP and none of the other counters work as effectively.