Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"Be Careful What You Wish For" quest bugs

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy there!

Playing on my Privateer Pirate, I got to the quest in Monquista's La Mancha, "Be Careful What You Wish For" in Book 3, given out my Pancho Stanza, but I noticed some problems that are unchecked. Here's how...

1. While talking to Pancho Stanza, up to his dialogue line, "You do not know the tale? Ah, let me tell you of the Monkey's Paw, and the sad tale of my master.", the dialogue interface showed the quest's name & the green "More" button was changed to "Accept", & once I pressed the Space bar(alternative for clicking that green button), the quest was accepted, before the puppet show about the Monkey's Paw was played. That's very odd... & unusual to a quest, accepting it during mid-conversation before actually finishing it.
  2. After the puppet show, the dialogue & the conversation with Pancho Stanza somehow continued on from, "My lord, he still has one wish left! The Paw could return him to what he was, if you can recover it. I fear your quest, it will not be easy.", & the dialogue conversation with Pancho Stanza ended up to "Or perhaps... Antonio de Miranda might know. He fought here, but later laid down his arms and became a hermit. Seek him at St. Bonobo's Abbey.", & the "More" button changed again, this time, to "Done", & this time, the dialogue interface did not show the quest's name at that conversation's end like it's supposed to for all quests, & the "Accept" button should also appear at that line, too, instead of "Done". Even so, the quest's history log that contained the dialogue for NPC conversations didn't contain these lines, from that line I spoke of before, up to the last line I also mentioned. That, too, is also unusual.
  3. Talking to Pancho Stanza again before I went to Antonio to hand in the quest, his dialogue text says, "I fear I have no idea who took the Monkey's Paw from La Mancha. But Antonio de Miranda might - he is now a humble hermit at St. Bonobo's Abbey", but the voiceover dialogue is still incorrect, as it still plays the recycled line from the conversation, "Or perhaps... Antonio de Miranda might know. He fought here, but later laid down his arms and became a hermit. Seek him at St. Bonobo's Abbey."
Those are the problems I've described. I really hope you can fix them someday.

Thanks!