Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

WD tools needs to be more powerful

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
Hello everyone,

As I am down with my 137th match, I gathered some info that might be useful in a process of making WD more effective in PvP.

I personally fill my deck so that my tools (not so offensive powers) are up front and and rest behind.

I know that I can't beat my opponent with offensive style, that is why I am using my tools first to weaken him.

But no matter how well designed some power are just not that effective.

Davy Jone's reach - It would be really useful tool only if the accuracy debuff would be increased. It is my first to use tool, but sometimes it doesn't help. Opponent and his companions are getting Super Hits with ordinary attacks (not Super Hit power). As awesome as this power is, it doesn't really help with such small debuff value, if this could be increased that would be helpful.

Terror Cotta's - Sometimes this is the only power that keeps me alive in first rounds. As a WD my actions divided in rounds are small, but summed up are awesome, and if I want to be effective as a player I need more time to carry out those actions. This a plea to not ban this tool.

Charm - I understand why Charming Gaze is banned, by why charm too? This power should be unbanned. It is not a game changer, but it can be very usefull as a defense action, and we WD's are lacking those.

Chain Lightning - I am sure that this power would one of the stronger tools in WD's arsenal, only if it worked thou. It says that it has 75% chance to arc to their enemies, but this didn't happened a single time I used this spell. Can this be checked for bugs?

I think that is it for now.

Oh, and also, I advise all WD's to use Ocuboros, because it is not only super effective against Musk, Privy and WD, but it reduces the power of summons, heals, armor, and so on, to all classes.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
Duncan StormThief on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
Hello everyone,

As I am down with my 137th match, I gathered some info that might be useful in a process of making WD more effective in PvP.

I personally fill my deck so that my tools (not so offensive powers) are up front and and rest behind.

I know that I can't beat my opponent with offensive style, that is why I am using my tools first to weaken him.

But no matter how well designed some power are just not that effective.

Davy Jone's reach - It would be really useful tool only if the accuracy debuff would be increased. It is my first to use tool, but sometimes it doesn't help. Opponent and his companions are getting Super Hits with ordinary attacks (not Super Hit power). As awesome as this power is, it doesn't really help with such small debuff value, if this could be increased that would be helpful.

Terror Cotta's - Sometimes this is the only power that keeps me alive in first rounds. As a WD my actions divided in rounds are small, but summed up are awesome, and if I want to be effective as a player I need more time to carry out those actions. This a plea to not ban this tool.

Charm - I understand why Charming Gaze is banned, by why charm too? This power should be unbanned. It is not a game changer, but it can be very usefull as a defense action, and we WD's are lacking those.

Chain Lightning - I am sure that this power would one of the stronger tools in WD's arsenal, only if it worked thou. It says that it has 75% chance to arc to their enemies, but this didn't happened a single time I used this spell. Can this be checked for bugs?

I think that is it for now.

Oh, and also, I advise all WD's to use Ocuboros, because it is not only super effective against Musk, Privy and WD, but it reduces the power of summons, heals, armor, and so on, to all classes.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman
-Davy Jone's Reach decreases critical chance by -25%, which cancels any primary stat advantage at worst, and basically prevents most criticals at best. Cancelling Criticals could be overpowered, I don't know about buffing that one up.

Cottas- They are getting nerfed a bit(or rather they did), but Ratbeard is trying to get things off the banlist not on it, so any non-banned powers are safe from being banned..

-Charm is banned because it does not function properly in Battle Royale, not because it is overpowered or anything like that. The goal is to get Charm(and charming gaze) off the banlist.

-Chain Lightning I have not used this power in awhile, but It was working okay when I last used it. It oculd have been Random Luck .

Ocuboros reduces spell power, so yes it reduces heals, WD powers, Musket's bombs, etc. However, I believe only will affects summons, so I am not sure if reducing spell power will decrease the effectiveness of summoned minions. Also, it does not reduce armor at all(maybe the future version will reduce resist though)

Ensign
Nov 29, 2013
Not really witch can fight as good as any other class you just got to fix ur game play and your companions a little and you will be fine

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
Myhomie541 on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
Not really witch can fight as good as any other class you just got to fix ur game play and your companions a little and you will be fine
If only "fixing pvp" were that simple... If only...

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Go to the shipyards and find the topic mojo blade upgrade, there I explain in detail a useful offensive power for witchdoctors