Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Swashbucklers, OP. Again

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Spiral Cowboy on Aug 18, 2015 wrote:
I know you enjoy fighting me lol. But anyway...is that a confession there, Robert? Are you saying that only one of the top Bucklers in the game is of any concern to you? Hmm. So there are ways to overcome Bucklers and their pesky Fog after all, eh? Maybe you should help out by giving a few tips to those who seem to be struggling against this impossible foe known as...The Swashbuckler. I think I also heard that a Musketeer was one of the first players to make it to Champion. So even Muskets can beat Bucklers and their Fog? Wow. Who'd a thunk it.
Ha no my secrets are mine you guys are on your own

Ensign
Nov 04, 2012
TechnomagePvP on Aug 18, 2015 wrote:
First off, you can't RELY on this because fun thing in PVP is you can actually play SMART, I know a surprise huh? Now of course you could use my amazing Barricade strategy but you can TOTALLY JUMP OVER THOSE, right? Like you tested that, huh... Oh lets get started with round 2.

Round 2:
You can target enemies with others who don't have FS3/QD3 to stop your Nausica/Fan/etc so you can easily just bring Nausica to get around Wagyu. Also bringing an all FS3/QD3 team means you give up top tier companions for something easily COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE!

Round 3:
Swashbucklers aren't OP - Make a scent 3 pet, use Raise Barricade, Veng 3 OP

Gg, thanks for the match, adios amigos, hasta la-vista baby I'll be back.
you're welcome for 'your amazing barricade strategy' mate..lol

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
anecorbie on Aug 18, 2015 wrote:
Like, yeah, I did totally test this, FeistyOrange, not only can I , a humble buckler, Jump a barricade but El Toro and Fan can also. And I know I can do it, BECAUSE I'VE DONE IT!
You and the others complaining about fog, miss the point entirely - use what you know about the buckler class and the tools KI has given to combat it.
All I'm seeing from you guys isn't about strategy at all just a bunch of negativity "This won't work", "we have to give up our usual companions & meta and change!" "I have to sacrifice a companion to bring them out of hide!" all this is about demanding KI to give you an easy victory!
Oh good job you tested BEFORE the update, sorry about it pro. You can't jump over them, try it sometime! :) My Goro, Toro, Fan, and Buckler can't! :) You should always test after every maintenance as a lot of changes/fixes come every time js.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TechnomagePvP on Aug 20, 2015 wrote:
Oh good job you tested BEFORE the update, sorry about it pro. You can't jump over them, try it sometime! :) My Goro, Toro, Fan, and Buckler can't! :) You should always test after every maintenance as a lot of changes/fixes come every time js.
And did you actually test it in a 1v1? Sorry, pro, but I can Jump over them and before you start telling everyone that this is a sure defense, maybe, just maybe, you should use it against a swashbuckler of the same rank as yourself in a ranked pvp situation.

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 20, 2015 wrote:
And did you actually test it in a 1v1? Sorry, pro, but I can Jump over them and before you start telling everyone that this is a sure defense, maybe, just maybe, you should use it against a swashbuckler of the same rank as yourself in a ranked pvp situation.
He did

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the midnightpirate on Aug 21, 2015 wrote:
He did
So sorry, but it appears that either
1. Raise Barricades is bugged and prevents Jump from working
or
2. Jump has been bugged
Either way, this defense is based on a bug/glitch and when it's fixed, will not be the complete defense it is now.

Lieutenant
Nov 28, 2014
Musket No Teer on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
Yes! Train into FS3 and QD3 so you can MAYBE cancel black fog if the swashbuckler is foolish enough to hit melee with melee and gun with gun while swashbucklers don't have to worry about all that and can freely use those 3 epic slots into something else since they can counter their own fog with fog.

Can you tell me, please, what other powers counters itself when someone uses that same power?
I honestly don't know.
Too bad they arent that foolish

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 21, 2015 wrote:
So sorry, but it appears that either
1. Raise Barricades is bugged and prevents Jump from working
or
2. Jump has been bugged
Either way, this defense is based on a bug/glitch and when it's fixed, will not be the complete defense it is now.
wont matter the way he places it makes it so there is no way to jump on the other side because companions are there so evem if jump works it wont matter