Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Spectating matches

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
I know a lot of players have requested this feature because although it sometimes leads to negative behavior such as trolling or raging or even seems to promote bullying at times with people giving their opinions to players in matches and adding frustration to a match I currently like how there isn't a way for people to interact with your match, however would it be possible to spectate a match from say the spar chamber without actually interacting with the match itself? I recall in wizard 101 match spectating would often become very toxic and lead to a unpleasent experiences with all the players milling around and would often times add pressure that wasn't needed however there are some that would like to spectate matches to analyze and see how players respond to learn and grow in skill. As well as see how the higher rank players play and learn from them. I think if done properly without allowing it to interact with matches themselves spectating could be a very healthy addition to our game and would help grow the pvp community without promoting bad habits as well as give beginners a idea of what to do when they want to improve but don't know who to turn to they can always copy what they see and although its not exactly right its the way we naturally learn after all imititating what we see :D. It would also help immensely if we would be able to see players gear and companion set ups like epics/talent builds but that may be too much to ask I suppose. That's my thought on specating I don't want the toxic mess that was wizard101 happening to this game especially since we have such a good community ATM and I've yet to have one bad experience with another player I want it to stay that way.

And so with that I ask do you believe adding sepctating would help more or promote bad habits more?

Also to the devs will there be a chance for spectating this season? Or perhaps next update or season?

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
Sunny Wolf on Aug 8, 2015 wrote:
I know a lot of players have requested this feature because although it sometimes leads to negative behavior such as trolling or raging or even seems to promote bullying at times with people giving their opinions to players in matches and adding frustration to a match I currently like how there isn't a way for people to interact with your match, however would it be possible to spectate a match from say the spar chamber without actually interacting with the match itself? I recall in wizard 101 match spectating would often become very toxic and lead to a unpleasent experiences with all the players milling around and would often times add pressure that wasn't needed however there are some that would like to spectate matches to analyze and see how players respond to learn and grow in skill. As well as see how the higher rank players play and learn from them. I think if done properly without allowing it to interact with matches themselves spectating could be a very healthy addition to our game and would help grow the pvp community without promoting bad habits as well as give beginners a idea of what to do when they want to improve but don't know who to turn to they can always copy what they see and although its not exactly right its the way we naturally learn after all imititating what we see :D. It would also help immensely if we would be able to see players gear and companion set ups like epics/talent builds but that may be too much to ask I suppose. That's my thought on specating I don't want the toxic mess that was wizard101 happening to this game especially since we have such a good community ATM and I've yet to have one bad experience with another player I want it to stay that way.

And so with that I ask do you believe adding sepctating would help more or promote bad habits more?

Also to the devs will there be a chance for spectating this season? Or perhaps next update or season?
I for one really want my friends to see me pvp and I want to see them pvp so we can talk about matches have good laughs and just injoy ranked even more and yes it could strart bad things but all most any thing can start some thing bad besides it has way more good sides to it then bad

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Sunny Wolf on Aug 8, 2015 wrote:

I would like to watch some matches. Yes, heckling could be a problem, but that could be solved by making the spectator stands a "no chat zone" or allowing only private chat between friends.

Ensign
Oct 18, 2009
Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
I would love to see everything Wiz's ranked system has to offer over here on Pirates as much as the next landlubber but remember this is only the first season and is more of a data collecting season then anything else so I wouldn't be surprised if spectating is in the back of there PvP Additions to do list. So lets focus on main problems like the Moo Robe's regenerating Powers, the glitch of lvl 50's pulling Paragon/Champs when both have been in que for over a certain # of time and improving minor glitches before we add in something that could obviously add more in.

But positive - I could see it already, the side lines of the Smugglers arena where in the dungeon our companions stay we can stand to watch the match/spin while we turn spectator mode on. Would love to see that! :P