Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Battle Royale Discussion

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Battle Royale is tons of fun, but there's just a lot that's to change for it to be the best!

Here are the easy-fixing problems:
  • Waiting time turn-to-turn (Fix: Fast combat always on, reduce the timer, etc.)
  • Whose turn is it? (Fix: Sign showing the turn order on the side)

The debatable ones:
  • Teaming up against whose in the lead
  • Running away from other players until the end

I would add some kind of boost or benefit for defeating another pirate/companion to prevent runaways and encourage combat, but I don't have any solution to pirates teaming up. It's just human nature to team up against the better pirate!. Any thoughts?

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
EMC99 on Aug 7, 2015 wrote:
Battle Royale is tons of fun, but there's just a lot that's to change for it to be the best!

Here are the easy-fixing problems:
  • Waiting time turn-to-turn (Fix: Fast combat always on, reduce the timer, etc.)
  • Whose turn is it? (Fix: Sign showing the turn order on the side)

The debatable ones:
  • Teaming up against whose in the lead
  • Running away from other players until the end

I would add some kind of boost or benefit for defeating another pirate/companion to prevent runaways and encourage combat, but I don't have any solution to pirates teaming up. It's just human nature to team up against the better pirate!. Any thoughts?
If anything, the timer should be longer. All's fair. I see no reason to make a certain strategy better. It's perfect as is.

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
-The timer was at 20 seconds in test realm .... No one appreciated that one bit(quick thinkers might have, but the majority of people ? Eh no)

-I like where you are going with knowing whose turn it is, then again by turn 2 you can figure out what order it is going in. However, it could be easier to notice it.

-The Problem with "stopping" teams is .... well it is apart of any FFA(Free-for-all) game. Literally in any FFA gameplay, no matter the type, there will always be teamers. However Pirate101 does a few things right that make it easier on solo players:
a) Only one person actually gets Scrip. This way no matter what, only one person can get the profits of teaming, and the other still suffers the same as the solo players. And b) the matchups are random, so it is nearly impossible to do coordinated teaming in Battle Royale.

So really, only uncoordinated and improvised teams will occur, and those do not last that long usually.

-I have read on other forums that something like the Flames seen on Floor Four of Moo Manchu's Tower could be used in order to promote people getting closer. Sadly, evading is a tactic, even in Ranked 1v1 settings. It would be hard to find a balanced fit that will satisfy our wants for Battle Royale. I don't know how this solution will go down but I will throw it out there anyhow: Possibly, the more you are towards the center, you get a strong buff of some kind. (+Range and accuracy if they have ranged weapon, + Damage and +Movement for Melee users) that increments depending on how close you are to the center. The effect hold for 1 turn and resets itself on anyone is in the radius still. Just an idea to have fun with

-Stormy Sam Templeton 65