Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Are the clandestine powers necessary?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 19, 2014
Currently, I am in Marleybone. I am a witchdoctor, and I want to know if you think that the clandestine pewers are necessary in live.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
You mean the ones that were just introduced in this update? Not really; thousands of pirates have made it to the end of the game so far without them. MY WD is stalled in Aquila waiting for a proper update (not more fluff, actually plot and story stuff) and didn't need them to get that far.

That said, if and when KI actually increases the story line, there is a better than average chance they'll be plotting out the enemies considering players will have taken those powers. At that point, yes, they'll probably be necessary, or at least much more attractive. If you have the training points necessary and don't have a plan in mind for said points, then there's no harm in taking the clandestine powers. If you've already plotted how to spend those points (or spent 'em all) then just consider the CPs later, when you have more points to spend.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2014
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
You mean the ones that were just introduced in this update? Not really; thousands of pirates have made it to the end of the game so far without them. MY WD is stalled in Aquila waiting for a proper update (not more fluff, actually plot and story stuff) and didn't need them to get that far.

That said, if and when KI actually increases the story line, there is a better than average chance they'll be plotting out the enemies considering players will have taken those powers. At that point, yes, they'll probably be necessary, or at least much more attractive. If you have the training points necessary and don't have a plan in mind for said points, then there's no harm in taking the clandestine powers. If you've already plotted how to spend those points (or spent 'em all) then just consider the CPs later, when you have more points to spend.
Ok. Thanks for the help. See ya around the spiral!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
For a witchdoctor they are not necessary
But I did acquire readied spell with my spare practice point and it is a cool bonus
The other two powers are not really worth a practice point