Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate Ability

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 26, 2013
Hi. I don't know if anyone has brought this up but, the Pirate ability does not seem to be working properly. On my buccaneer, i've noticed no increase in damage or accuracy when I am on opposing players side/starting zone. I've tried both being on their side, and being in their exact starting location. Am I misunderstanding how to trigger the ability properly, or is this just an unintended bug? Thanks in advance.

Ensign
Oct 22, 2012
It is only on enemy SHIPS. So pirate will give the bonuses if you are on the enemy's side of the SHIP. It says so on the card.

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
Musket No Teer on Jul 27, 2015 wrote:
It is only on enemy SHIPS. So pirate will give the bonuses if you are on the enemy's side of the SHIP. It says so on the card.
I believe he is referring to the test realm update, in which KI has stated that they ability should trigger when in the opposing's player starting zone. Here is the quote:

"Abilities such as Piratey, Big Guns and Battle Banners will recognize Enemy Territory differently in Ranked PVP matches. Enemy Territory in Ranked PVP will refer to the area in which the opponent begins the match only."

In which case, Christopher Grimm is correct. I too have noticed that the Pirate ability and banners have not been recognizing enemy territory and activating their effect during ranked matches.

I believe is a bug. I hadn't seen people bring it up before this thread, so lets make KI aware of it!