Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Easiest way to get pets

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 22, 2013
This is something that really bothers me, I know that fin dorsal is supposed to drop pets in the temple of gloom but is it easier to get them by entering with a team or the quicker you do it or something? because if I'm doing something wrong could I please know because I'm kinda stubborn and don't relise the obvious!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
jazsam2 on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:
This is something that really bothers me, I know that fin dorsal is supposed to drop pets in the temple of gloom but is it easier to get them by entering with a team or the quicker you do it or something? because if I'm doing something wrong could I please know because I'm kinda stubborn and don't relise the obvious!
Hello there and welcome to the message boards jazsam2! Glad to have you aboard.

Probably the easiest way to get those elusive pets, is to head to the morphing tent (Avery is usually highly populated with pirates) and kindly and politely ask other players if they'd be willing to morph with you. Although at lower levels, this can be a bit tough because it is much harder to come up with the 16,000-23,000 gold to cover each morphing attempt. But if you have the gold and see someone with a pet you would like to try for, it may be the easiest and fastest way to try to wrangle up those little critters.

In my experiences, there's nothing you can do to increase the odds of getting a pet dropped from a battle...except having more pirates join you (more pirate = more chests = more chances) or by using certain Boss, Second Chance Chests that are known to drop pets. Again, still not a guarantee and there is nothing you can do or do differently to help sway the random odds into your favor.

Or you can post morphing requests here or on P101 Central. There are sure to be some not-so-scurvy pirates that would be willing to help a fellow scalawag out.

Again, welcome to the message boards and good luck to you!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
jazsam2 on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:
There are many bosses who drop pets in Skull Island, its not just Finn Dorsal. Some of these bosses have pets unique to them - Cho'k A' Kab ( Dinolizard ), Gortez ( Fire Toad ), for example.
I've received an Orchid Chameleon from Dead-Eye Deidre. The new gauntlet currently in test also drops pets.

Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
Morphing is the best way :3

If you are a lower level I suggest going to Avery and going to devilfish and just see if you can snatch a spot fighting spiders with the high levels that farm gold (they might get annoyed but to bad for them, they can deal with it, they want money and you want money so they wont say anything). ( if you don't know where it is :3 find the little ladder by the entrance to where you fight the water moles then take the second ladder up and your there) That's how I made my money when I didn't have membership (I only get it in the summer so I stock up a lot of gold to morph or save till I get more membership).

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Mr. Ratbeard has some sort of dance he does. I think its pat his head and rub his belly and jump up and down. Not %100 sure on the steps.

Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
Decius Duelmaster on Jul 30, 2015 wrote:
Mr. Ratbeard has some sort of dance he does. I think its pat his head and rub his belly and jump up and down. Not %100 sure on the steps.
Uhhh, what does have to do with pet drops Decius?

Ensign
Feb 11, 2012
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Jul 30, 2015 wrote:
Riddle me this, Ratman...

If one happens to end in a foot and the other should end in a peg...

Would they still be known as dance steps? For this the answer, I do beg.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Pirate Master on Aug 2, 2015 wrote:
Uhhh, what does have to do with pet drops Decius?
It's for good luck on the morphing