Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is the best gear for level 60 swashbuckler?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 19, 2015
So I am wondering what is the best gear possible for swashbucklers because I am having trouble figuring out to wear and what is more powerful.

• This is what I am looking for:
  • Charms,totems,- none auction items(except for charm I have Minotaur's horn.)
  • Weapons- nefarious knives or blades of shade
  • Boots-agility + anything
  • Shirts-Weapon power + armor+ anything else
  • Hats-none auction
  • Accessories- ANYTHING! EACH TIME I OPEN A CROWN CHEST I NEVER GET ANYTHING FOR SWASHBUCKLERS!
  • Pets- I want to know where to get Ebon and not so great white shark so i can make grim reaper tooth shark thing looks epic!
That's all I need to know and yes I have looked and looked again on the internet and I just can't find what I am looking for so I need some real people help

Plz reply i am going against Medusa soon

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
SamSwashySpartaNUB on Jul 13, 2015 wrote:
So I am wondering what is the best gear possible for swashbucklers because I am having trouble figuring out to wear and what is more powerful.

• Hats-none auction
  • Accessories- ANYTHING! EACH TIME I OPEN A CROWN CHEST I NEVER GET ANYTHING FOR SWASHBUCKLERS!
  • Pets- I want to know where to get Ebon and not so great white shark so i can make grim reaper tooth shark thing looks epic!
That's all I need to know and yes I have looked and looked again on the internet and I just can't find what I am looking for so I need some real people help

I'd say for your gear get some moo manchu gear in the bazaar that grants healing. I think the Nefarious Knives will do you good, but because you're level 60, I'd suggest using the Pugio Brace (210 stabby damage).

Also, if you have crowns, Keisuke Yagi will be very useful for you.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012

• Hats-none auction

Well, Bucklers need what they don't get from their trainer...shields and heals. All Moo Tower gear will grant you more Assassin's Strikes, Walk In Shadows and Assassin's Mist etc. That's good stuff, but believe it or not, some of the lower level gear is actually better for you, especially for pvp. Here are some of the more coveted items for Bucklers.

1. Yes there are higher level hats that grant Valor's Fortress, but the Gambler's Stetson which is dropped by Tyson in Cool Ranch, gives you Valor's Armor. If you use Valor's Armor along with Valor's Fortress, you will be amazed at how much damage you can take.

2. There are many good outfits for Bucklers, but I use the Yonin Garb I got in Moo Shu. It grants you and your companions a 100% agility buff that lasts for 3 rounds. Use this and watch your criticals go crazy.

3. I think the best boots in the game for Bucklers are the Shoes of Faunus. They grant Valor's Fortress along with a +8 weapon boost and a +12 dodge boost.

4. Either of these eye patches will serve you well. Paeons Healing Patch or the Asclepius Eye Bower. Paeon gives you the Revive Healing power and Asclepius gives you Valor's Fortress and both provide a +8 weapon boost and a +3 agility boost.

5. I use the Ornament of Moo Manchu for my totem. It gives me an extra Assassin's Strike and Walk In Darkness...and I feel like I can never have enough of either of those powers.

6. There are also many good charms, but I use the Sprocket Key dropped by Bishop. It removes all of your enemies buffs and shields and it works well with Walk In Darkness because you can stroll right up to them and debuff them.

7. Finally, I use the Brain Thief Circle ring. It provides yet another Assassin's Strike and Assassin's Gloom.

As you go through the game you will come across various bits of gear and I'm sure you'll end up mixing and matching until you find the combo that's right for you, but the items I listed above will serve you well in pve or pvp. Fair sailing, friend.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012

• Hats-none auction

Also, I have a Grimtooth Reaper if you'd like to try to morph one. I am on everyday after 5 pm central and can usually be found in Avery's Court at some point lol. Wicked Erin is the name. Track me down and I'll be happy to morph with you. I am easy to find. I ride the Tiki Board mount and wear a black top-hat with a white band and can always be found directly beneath a giant swirling aura of awesome

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
Well, I'm level 65, but those last 5 levels move faster than you would expect. Because you will be maxed in no time, I'll just go ahead and tell you what I wear.

Hat: Gladiator's Galea, 8 agility, 10 accuracy, 6 dodge, 6 resist, 11 armor, and a Revive.

Outfit: Gladiator's Outfit: 9 agility, 6 accuracy, 6 dodge, 12 resist, 23 armor, and Flanking.

Shoes: Imperial Boots of Moo Manchu: 18 dodge, 14 agility, and Frozen Tide.

Weapon: Nefarious Knives: 225 Weapon Power, 30% armor penetration, Flanking, and Walk in Darkness.

Accessory: Masque of the Lotus: Charming Gaze.
*I'm saving up my crowns from Trivia and the advertisements to buy the Patch of Saint Fido, which will provide 9 weapon power, 12 accuracy, and 12 dodge.

Totem: Ornament of Moo Manchu, 10 Weapon Power, Walk in Darkness, and Assasin's Strike.

Charm: Seven Lamps Charm: 11 dodge and a Super Strike.

Ring: Black Pearl Annulet: 11 dodge and a Super Strike.

I won't go into detail about my Power list or anything, but I will give you a quick rundown of my stats with all these equipped:

Health: 2882
Weapon Power: 320 (329 when i get the Patch of Saint Fido)
Dodge:187 (199 when I get the Patch of Saint Fido)
Accuracy: 126 (138 when I get the Patch of Saint Fido)
Armor: 34
Resist: 18
Agility: 101
Strength: 55
Will: 37

I don't PvP often, so this setup isn't really battle tested against other players. However, It works WONDERS in PvE. as for your pet... I'm still working on breeding my perfect pet, but when I get there it will HAVE Charming Gaze 2 OR Bloodsucker 2, and it will GIVE me Turn The Tide, Elusive, Bladestorm, Rally, and Regroup.

That is What I have (err... WILL have...). However, it is totally up to you what you get.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Everyone has made very good suggestions for you as to max swashbuckler gear; Spiral Cowboy has the best suggestions for a buckler going into PVP, Blixet has the best advice for PVE gear.
When I was new to this game, I made the mistake of thinking that I needed health and armor to be successful; that didn't work out very well. Then I read "What is a Swashbuckler?" and took to heart the advice that I needed to boost my agility and dodge. So here is MY gear list ( I will not give the stats where I have duplicates of the gear in the preceding posts.)
Gladiator's Galea ( from the Empire Bundle )
alternative's - if you can't get this bundle: Hat - Lofos Gothicus ( level 55 ) +12 agility, +11 base armor grants Vicious Charge ( I got this item from Captain Pluton ) or Corrupted Shinobi's Haratari +13 agility +12 base armor
grants Walk in Darkness & Assassin's Strike
Boots - Chaotic Knimis +8 weapon power +12 dodge ( I got this in the Cave of Ruin from Cadmus )
Jackets - Centipede Shozoku +11 dodge 20 base armor grant's super strike +3 ( shooty weapon required )
Manchu Disciple Robe +11 dodge +48 magic resistance ( when you get blasted by necromancer pigs this is a BIG help ) grants super strike +3 ( shooty weapon required )
Turncoat's Boots +16 dodge ,will boost ( very useful when Faye tries to charm you )
Death's Bargain ( accessory ) at less than 50% health, drains health ( from closest individual ) to gain 50% of health drained.
To be continued.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Continuing.
Totem - Jewel of Sumuru +11 dodge grants super strike +3 ( shooty weapon required )
Necklace - Seven Lamps Charm +11 dodge grants super strike +3 ( melee weapons required )
Ring - Black Pearl Annulet +11 dodge grants super strike +3 ( melee weapons required ) or Black Pearl Circle +93 health grants Revive
I hope we have been able to help you in finding the best gear for a swashbuckler, as you can see the best place for this gear is the Tower of Moo Manchu; even one run will get you most of this gear, good luck!

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014

• Hats-none auction

Try to farm Moo Manchu if you have done the quests