Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Things that make you go, "Hmmm....."

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Because I love logic, and I love stories, here are some more ideas beyond what has been shared already...

- the buffaloon herders and Blind Mew are not in the same place at the same time. Time passes between when you see them. You have been travelling around, and so can they.

- Max, Serena has Horse parents because she is adopted! Being part of an adoptive family myself, I quite liked that

- zuto, the Tower is in a time loop. Everytime you go in it is the first time (kinda wierd, isn't it?)

- Fiorenza, we see only some of the people (and only a small subsection of houses, shops, goverment buildings, natural areas, etc.) of the Spiral. It is up to us to imagine the female Cats going about their daily business, the Eagle children playing hoops and sticks in the Aquila agoras, the harried Monkey mothers soothing their squalling babies, and so forth. They are there in our imagination's eye (in fact I have been working on some illustrations of what I imagine the various people we have not seen look like...)

- buildings appear larger on the inside, particularly in Monquista, because the Monkeys like Baroque architecture, with grand lofty ceilings which make a building appear much larger on the inside

It could be too that I am frighteningly fond of justification, which can be a dangerous thing...

And yes, those bunnicorns sure love sweets! They are just so adorable, I must give them what they want (I have rather a herd of them now)

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Okay, so maybe Blind Mew and the Rancher Brothers and Gortez, and Captain Reynolds are not really in different places, they just happen to be following me around and getting to my destinations before I do.

The question is, why are they stalking me??

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
Okay, so maybe Blind Mew and the Rancher Brothers and Gortez, and Captain Reynolds are not really in different places, they just happen to be following me around and getting to my destinations before I do.

You've been so helpful in the past that they want to know where you are - so they can beg/demand your help again!

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
You've been so helpful in the past that they want to know where you are - so they can beg/demand your help again!
I was thinking more along the lines of the possibility of them being spies for the armada. But that makes sense, too.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Max DeGroot on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:

Max, it's your animal magnetism. You have noticed they're all animals of some sort or other, haven't you?

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
If scrip is a secret form of currency, why are there vendors (in the new update) that sell items for scrip "out in the open" (the PvP area)?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I have been wearing General Tso's samoorai ensemble for quite some time now, and a thought just now dawned on me....can Mr. Tso even wear his own helmet? I mean are his own horns removable, because there is no way that he fits that horn-adorned-helmet over his own impressive set.

Maybe that is why he isn't seen wearing his own helmet. Imagine that, a samoorai warlord that can't even fit into his helmet! I'm sure that Tso's personal tailor was sent out to pasture for that slight gaffe. Unless his horns are indeed removable. But if tso, then just imagine all of Tso's 'bestest' friends standing around, swattin' flies, chewin' the cud and laughin' at the thought of him not being o'natural!

And it seemed a fitting time for a joke, so...what do you get when a Samoorai walks in between 2 pirates with Flanking?

......Flank Steak!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
And one more thing that boggles my mind. It isn't P101 related but it definitely makes me go hmmm....

How is it that my not even 2 year old twins have already harnessed and mastered the art of mind-control? Definitely not a trait carried on from their father's side ( even despite exhaustive efforts).

.....hmmmmm.....

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Oh dear, Valkoor, such a terrible pun! Naturally I laughed.

Maybe the helmet kind of hinges at the top, and the horns are armor for Tso's actual horns?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
I have been wearing General Tso's samoorai ensemble for quite some time now, and a thought just now dawned on me....can Mr. Tso even wear his own helmet? I mean are his own horns removable, because there is no way that he fits that horn-adorned-helmet over his own impressive set.

Maybe that is why he isn't seen wearing his own helmet. Imagine that, a samoorai warlord that can't even fit into his helmet! I'm sure that Tso's personal tailor was sent out to pasture for that slight gaffe. Unless his horns are indeed removable. But if tso, then just imagine all of Tso's 'bestest' friends standing around, swattin' flies, chewin' the cud and laughin' at the thought of him not being o'natural!

And it seemed a fitting time for a joke, so...what do you get when a Samoorai walks in between 2 pirates with Flanking?

......Flank Steak!
The Spiral answer for everything - It's MAGIC! How else can you explain how his suit of armor is able to fit him , ( and the nicest thing you can say about his form is that he's 'beefy' ) and is able to fit a trim, young pirate, also?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
The Spiral answer for everything - It's MAGIC! How else can you explain how his suit of armor is able to fit him , ( and the nicest thing you can say about his form is that he's 'beefy' ) and is able to fit a trim, young pirate, also?
Well his armor only happens to fit my slim pirate because Milo didn't wash it on the delicate cycle and foolishly dried it in high heat. He's only good at one type of laundering...and it sure doesn't involve skivvies and socks. Froggeddabowdit!!!

Teehee...'beefy'...I'm chucklin' over here-yah.

And Fio (sorry, typing on my phone), thanks-- glad to provide you a giggle. And you may be on to something. I guess you could say that it all hinges on how the helmet is designed. I'm suspecting the use of velcro though...with the fall of the Towah, money sure is tight in MooShu these days.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Yum yum is supposed to be really sacred in mooshu but Mooshashi Mooyamoto tells you to chop down a yum yum tree. And he seems like an honorable sort.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2014
awkward mycin stev... on Jul 14, 2015 wrote:
time lord technology. they're bigger on the inside.
and if you dont understand, its all just a bunch of wiibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Jul 21, 2015 wrote:
Yum yum is supposed to be really sacred in mooshu but Mooshashi Mooyamoto tells you to chop down a yum yum tree. And he seems like an honorable sort.
But he gives you a butter knife to use. Assigning an impossible task to test dedication and intelligence.

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
autrison12 on Jul 26, 2015 wrote:
and if you dont understand, its all just a bunch of wiibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff
Don't blink.
Blink and you're dead.

Dashing Duncan Quinn, Whovian

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Why do the venders ask us if we're sure we want to sell certain things (from the packs) that we spent crowns for, but not EVERYTHING from the pack?

And why do they ask us this about things that will net us 1 or 4 gold pieces? I'm talking the Hair of the Baar and those horrible, horrible wallpapers. From the Tribal Crew pack they really seem to ask only about mounts and that one very expensive (for them to buy from us) torch thing.

Ensign
Jun 05, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
Blind Mew has acute hearing not steering, and honestly, why are you so confused by his traveling? He's blind not utterly helpless! So he pays for traveling or begs or even stows away or friends give him a lift.......
No one can be in two places at the same time, ( ask Dr. Who ) you see these characters in different places and you assume that they are also in the other place, you last saw them. But your perception is flawed, they obviously traveled during the time you saw them last.
But here is something that has troubled me for some time: just where is Serena Guiteriez's husband? We rescue the bride, return her to her concerned foster father, but her husband is no where to be seen! If he had been killed or captured surely someone would have said something! Did he run away? Was he in on the plot to kidnap his own bride?
I wish Blind Mew would explain this!
fyi his name is the doctor not doctor who

you learn something new every day lol

Ensign
Jun 05, 2013
awkward mycin stev... on Jul 14, 2015 wrote:
time lord technology. they're bigger on the inside.
( something I forgot to add. )
you should know this! you're a whovian! ( for those who don't know whovians are what doctor who fans are called. )

Ensign
Jun 05, 2013
autrison12 on Jul 26, 2015 wrote:
don't blink autrison12! never, ever blink EVER!!!! ( okay, I kind of overeacte- ooooo fish fingers and custard! )
sorry what was I saying? oh, gotta run! cybermites are chasing me!

( 5 minutes later ) okay I got away. oh, btw, if you saw an angel statue with two shadows, would you blink or run?

Ensign
Jun 05, 2013
dk4vision on Jul 31, 2015 wrote:
Don't blink.
Blink and you're dead.

Dashing Duncan Quinn, Whovian
whovians everywhere! yay!

one second gotta lock hitler in the closet so he turns into a wooden doll.

x I open the front door x no i'm not your mom! x I close the front door x

wait... was that horse wearing a gas mask?

JAAAACK!!!!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
awkward mycin stev... on Aug 2, 2015 wrote:
fyi his name is the doctor not doctor who

you learn something new every day lol
FYI, I knew that. Probably watched the Dr. way before you were born, but if I just said "The Dr." we would start a post like this: "Ask the Dr.", "Dr. who?", "Exactly", "Huh?"

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
When you successfully fight the Subata ships off and talk to the "king" to get help, he says that his Jade ships will not attack them unless provoked. However, in most ship fights, the enemy shoots first, and Jade Ships still attack you after that quest.

In most battles, when you defeat an opponent, you just defeat them. But in some side quests, like with Jinzaburo, he said he only reason he is alive is because he cheated death. So when is it death and when is it a K.O.?(This is also in Wizard101)

hmmmm...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Stormy Sam Templet... on Aug 7, 2015 wrote:
When you successfully fight the Subata ships off and talk to the "king" to get help, he says that his Jade ships will not attack them unless provoked. However, in most ship fights, the enemy shoots first, and Jade Ships still attack you after that quest.

In most battles, when you defeat an opponent, you just defeat them. But in some side quests, like with Jinzaburo, he said he only reason he is alive is because he cheated death. So when is it death and when is it a K.O.?(This is also in Wizard101)

hmmmm...
Sailing near the Jade Fleet is a provocation - they've learned to be wary of pirates ( especially those pirates promoting Subodai, lol ).
As to when a defeat is permanent or merely a KO, that is determined by any dialogue after the battle ( if any. ) Although, if you've defeated any Armada, you can be sure that the ordinary clockworks "die". Elites, in the case of Bishop, retreat; or in the cases of Deacon or Rooke suffer "death" ( I hope this isn't a spoiler for you. )

Ensign
Jan 19, 2014
dk4vision on Aug 3, 2015 wrote:
Are you my mummy?
the return of the ninth doctor.