Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Am I the only one?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Along with everyone else, I'm SUPER excited for the next HUGE update (whenever it may be). But it got me thinking, with all that much new data all at once, wouldn't it be bad for our computers, memory-wise?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
I'm excited as you are Kiley, and if I have to kick-start my computer every other battle so be it! I know this next update will be great, and in all seriousness I'm sure our computers will be fine. Have a fantastic week!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
I'm excited as you are Kiley, and if I have to kick-start my computer every other battle so be it! I know this next update will be great, and in all seriousness I'm sure our computers will be fine. Have a fantastic week!
You know... Ratbeard did say about the "next milestone", & this led me to think that the update may be the biggest update they could create yet after the previous ones that were the biggest by far, like the launch of two worlds, two main story Books instead of one, & let's not forget, the massive Spring 2014 update. I'm guessing that the next update will also be a milestone by it being the next biggest update the team's made yet. I'm surprised to see milestones, but to wait for them takes longer each time a milestone gets done. I'd think they would maybe go for three Books at once, but I'd be content with two Books at once again like before.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Petty Officer
May 14, 2011
Well, wizard101 has much more than Pirate101 currently, and before the computer I used finally died, I was able to play Wizard on a Windows Vista computer. Currently I am on Windows 7 and it runs both games magnificently! Though I have some friends who play on Windows 8 and it seems much larger for either one of the games on that OS. Though if that's a problem I suggest you try the update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 I heard it is a faster OS and on off topic it's more like Windows 7 appearance wise. I hope I helped!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
reckless benjamin ... on Jun 11, 2015 wrote:
Well, wizard101 has much more than Pirate101 currently, and before the computer I used finally died, I was able to play Wizard on a Windows Vista computer. Currently I am on Windows 7 and it runs both games magnificently! Though I have some friends who play on Windows 8 and it seems much larger for either one of the games on that OS. Though if that's a problem I suggest you try the update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 I heard it is a faster OS and on off topic it's more like Windows 7 appearance wise. I hope I helped!
Windows 10 is not out yet, you know, but I would say you may be right about that being a faster OS. Plus, I would think that the next update would have us wait to download larger pieces of content, because the first story update had us waiting until it was ready. Just be prepared.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
You know, I do think when the new updates, books, world(s) and content arrive, that it sure will be bad for my computer. But only because I don't think it will get a chance to ever shutdown. I'll be playing those new updates like Lucky Jack Russell plays a trombone! I'll be drooling, panting and eating up every minute of it!

For the most part, when the new update gets here, I think our computers will hang in there just fine. Us pirates on the other hand....we just may not see the light of day for quite some time. There may be many of us overheating from some serious sensory overload.

So KI, bring on the updates...we're ready to dive in until we explode!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
My trusty computer recently died. I do not blame Pirate, however.

So far so good with my new one.

-Indigo