Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Broadside Tips and Tricks

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
"If you're to be a Pirate, you'll need a ship!" ~Captain Avery

If you travel around the Spiral in a flying pirate ship, you're bound to make a few enemies on the way. In this Topic I'll be telling you some handy tips every pirate needs to know for Broadside combat.

Range
Stand a little bit away from the ships if you don't want to make much attention to yourself. Do not worry, your cannons can miss more often, but your horn powers will hit as normal.

The One-Eyed Jack Trick
If you've attracted more than one ship, do not be alarmed. You can manage. Hop from ship to ship and use your figurehead power on the weaker one, and the horn power on the tougher one. If this trick does not work as planned, feel free to take out one of them and board the other.

Survival
If you're dying, and need to make a quick little board, do not worry! Just wear them down until they're in the yellow and back away a little, and then board. They are also bound to follow you since you are in the yellow.

Ship Buffs
So many people do not do this! I cannot emphasize this more: Use your darn sail buffs! Gunner's Luck is handy for ships with low accuracy, Indomitable is great for ships with low dodge and accuracy, yatti yatta yatta, are all great buffs I rarely see anyone use.

Conclusion
I hope this helped you all! (It probably didn't.) I would emphasize you use these if you're not the best with Broadside Combat and whatnot.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
akhenaten751 on Jun 7, 2015 wrote:
"If you're to be a Pirate, you'll need a ship!" ~Captain Avery

If you travel around the Spiral in a flying pirate ship, you're bound to make a few enemies on the way. In this Topic I'll be telling you some handy tips every pirate needs to know for Broadside combat.

Range
Stand a little bit away from the ships if you don't want to make much attention to yourself. Do not worry, your cannons can miss more often, but your horn powers will hit as normal.

The One-Eyed Jack Trick
If you've attracted more than one ship, do not be alarmed. You can manage. Hop from ship to ship and use your figurehead power on the weaker one, and the horn power on the tougher one. If this trick does not work as planned, feel free to take out one of them and board the other.

Survival
If you're dying, and need to make a quick little board, do not worry! Just wear them down until they're in the yellow and back away a little, and then board. They are also bound to follow you since you are in the yellow.

Ship Buffs
So many people do not do this! I cannot emphasize this more: Use your darn sail buffs! Gunner's Luck is handy for ships with low accuracy, Indomitable is great for ships with low dodge and accuracy, yatti yatta yatta, are all great buffs I rarely see anyone use.

Conclusion
I hope this helped you all! (It probably didn't.) I would emphasize you use these if you're not the best with Broadside Combat and whatnot.
As for range, your figurehead may actually have better accuracy from far away! Also for the ship buffs, something for everyone to remember is that for gunner's lock and benediction, you can't just hit it as soon as it is available, it will be more useful if you make to use your figurehead and horn powers between 2 and 6 seconds after using your sail buff, as that ensures that your powers are effected by the accuracy buff from gunner's lock and whatnot. If you use it while your other powers are recharging, you might waste your buff.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Also, regarding the Horn and Figurehead powers. While it may be tempting to use both at the same time for a heavier hit at once, that can lead to longer periods when you are unable to use either power.

Instead, use one of the powers first, and use the second at roughly halfway through the first power's cool down time. Doing this allows you to almost always have either a horn power or figurehead power ready to use, with minimal waiting time in between. You don't get the sudden heavy hit at a single time, but instead you get constant reliably strong hits. That in itself helps to reduce the effect of an enemy ship's healing powers.