Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gift won't redeem?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 10, 2009
The most recent gift, the pet mega snack gift where you also have a chance at the Bear Pack, won't allow me to redeem it. This isin game, I've already gotten the item itself but when I try to accept it, it just tells me "Item failed to redeem." My backpack isn't full, I have no snacks at all if that effects anything about it, what's wrong?

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
Going to character select and back to the character or to another character will or should solve that problem. If that doesn't work, I would recommend contacting customer support.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
This is a known bug. The following is a work-around which has worked many times.

Step 1) either quit the game or go to the Pirate Selection Screen and select and play a different Pirate.

Step 2) restart the game or go to the Pirate Selection Screen.

Step 3) Select the Pirate you want to redeem the gift on.

Step 4) IMMEDIATELY redeem the gift. Do NOT do anything else until you have redeemed the gift.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Have you tried logging off and then logging back on and trying again?

Ensign
May 30, 2010
Yeah, this happened to be before, you have just wait try o try over and over, failing to redeem means there's really nothing to be fixed, it's toying with you