Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question for One Eyed Jack

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
Hi everyone ,
I wanted to ask, if I share my account with my best friend in real life to level him up when he's busy or unable to play, or vise versa, would it still be violation for the terms?

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Yes, that would be against the rules. Do not share your account and password with anyone.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Bonnie Anne on May 28, 2015 wrote:
Yes, that would be against the rules. Do not share your account and password with anyone.
would logging in yourself on your own account then letting a friend use it still be a violation even though the password isnt exchanged?

Ensign
Jan 15, 2013
zuto4011a on May 28, 2015 wrote:
would logging in yourself on your own account then letting a friend use it still be a violation even though the password isnt exchanged?
I think so, because Bonnie Anne said password AND account...

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
If you friend wants to play, they should create their own account.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jun 13, 2014
One of the main reasons for this rule is to protect you. You never know what someone might do with your account. No matter how well you know someone, or think you know them, you just never know. There are too many cases where people have shared that information and end up losing everything. It just isn't worth it.

And base accounts are free anyway. So, there is no reason for them not to have their own account.